Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by aTm » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:05 am

hedge wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:32 am How can you believe a president who says he's going to stop fentanyl from getting into the country when he can't even stop it from being dispensed in the White House??
FIFY
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:09 am

Man, I thought I was cynical about politics...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:03 pm

Yup. We’re fucked

[media] [/media]
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:29 pm

I'm not sure you win over very many Republicans these days by touting your globalist views.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/29/haley-h ... isers.html

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:05 pm

You don't win over many republicans these days by touting anything besides Trump. And yet it's the dems that supposedly have TDS...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:15 pm

Speaking of TDS...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:23 pm

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:28 pm

We are looking at a Swiftie Superbowl. But if Taylor is interviewed during the game and asked about her politics, I doubt she answers. Why alienate even one of her "Swifties" if it isn't necessary? Remember the Dixie Chicks?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:47 pm

Excellent hour of my life

When VDH tore into Ronald Reagan's ass on the podcast, I was like, whoa!!!!! You attacked the GOP's anointed savior!
VDH wrote:Ronald Reagan did more for Open Borders than any other President. He signed the Simpson Mazzoli Act. (...) That ended deportation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigrati ... ct_of_1986

I love Ann Coulter but she was like, I can't defend Reagan on that. She hates Trump now (loved him in 2015, hates him now) but VDH's point that Trump, even though the wall didn't get created, he did much MORE than pretty much ANY GOP President could do to stop the flow of illegal immigration. His point is unassailable.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:41 pm

Simspon Mazzoli introduced criminal penalties to employers who had illegals working for them. That's all we need to fix the problem (Saint's nonsense about a military invasion of Mexico notwithstanding). Unfortunately it was never enforced since it wages war on rich corporations. Just more of the same from either party. Big talk but in the end it's just lip service.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:02 pm

Tree wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:41 pm Simspon Mazzoli introduced criminal penalties to employers who had illegals working for them. That's all we need to fix the problem (Saint's nonsense about a military invasion of Mexico notwithstanding). Unfortunately it was never enforced since it wages war on rich corporations. Just more of the same from either party. Big talk but in the end it's just lip service.
It is lip service.

In 1986, 70% of congress were democrats. Any bill that gets through congress in 1986, must be left of center or it isn't signed into law. Or at the very least, any Republican centric bill would die on Capitol Hill as "I'm just a bill. Yes I'm only a bill. And I sit right here on Capitol Hill." That kind of thing.

VDH is correct. Reagan did more for open borders than any President in US history even if Ann Coulter wasn't able to understand that until just now. But much of that was we (as a society) weren't as sophisticated about illegal immigration then as we are now. Milton Freidman was perfectly happy with open borders. His philosophy was, let all the illegals in and give them all jobs and wages go down to a $1 an hour. Once that happens, the market takes over and there would be no more illegals because they couldn't afford to live here. Problem with his logic, Milton Freidman didn't have to live near these illegals, live among them. But other poorer US citizens did and they home life was riddled with crime and ruin. And that crime and ruin, we are talking 4+ decades of it. There is no "melting pot" among illegal aliens from peasant cultures who never came to assimilate in the first place. They just wanted money, but chose to live here as they lived there!

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:23 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:02 pm
Tree wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:41 pm Simspon Mazzoli introduced criminal penalties to employers who had illegals working for them. That's all we need to fix the problem (Saint's nonsense about a military invasion of Mexico notwithstanding). Unfortunately it was never enforced since it wages war on rich corporations. Just more of the same from either party. Big talk but in the end it's just lip service.
It is lip service.

In 1986, 70% of congress were democrats. Any bill that gets through congress in 1986, must be left of center or it isn't signed into law. Or at the very least, any Republican centric bill would die on Capitol Hill as "I'm just a bill. Yes I'm only a bill. And I sit right here on Capitol Hill." That kind of thing.

VDH is correct. Reagan did more for open borders than any President in US history even if Ann Coulter wasn't able to understand that until just now. But much of that was we (as a society) weren't as sophisticated about illegal immigration then as we are now. Milton Freidman was perfectly happy with open borders. His philosophy was, let all the illegals in and give them all jobs and wages go down to a $1 an hour. Once that happens, the market takes over and there would be no more illegals because they couldn't afford to live here. Problem with his logic, Milton Freidman didn't have to live near these illegals, live among them. But other poorer US citizens did and they home life was riddled with crime and ruin. And that crime and ruin, we are talking 4+ decades of it. There is no "melting pot" among illegal aliens from peasant cultures who never came to assimilate in the first place. They just wanted money, but chose to live here as they lived there!
You can't grasp the situation, dipshit. Try to learn something before you kick off this rock and have to explain to God why you wasted a human life being an imbecile.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:29 am

Ok Saint. What am I missing?

You made no points. You offered no counter evidence. You said absolutely nothing other than pointless insults. Are you channeling DookSucks? You are both Tar Heel fans so maybe this belligerent, pointless, fearful, obfuscation, is standard operating procedure of the baby blue? Or maybe you are just "melting down" and you came after me in your wrath because your Heels just lost to Georgia Tech?

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:39 am

Brutal finish

A+

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:58 am

"Or maybe you are just "melting down" and you came after me in your wrath because your Heels just lost to Georgia Tech?"

Saint hates stupidity of your kind far more than he likes Carolina basketball. His wrath was directed wholly at you...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:24 am

Extremely rare cogent point by Tree

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:50 am

sardis wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:24 am
Extremely rare cogent point by Tree
Yeah on that one point I agreed with Tree. The law was about amnesty. That was the only reason why the democrats agreed to it and had Ronnie sign it. The part about enforcing things with employers and it being a one time shot, well, the government was never going to do that anyway. That was the lip service. So that is why we are where we are, today.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:18 pm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:28 pm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:58 pm