Re: UCLA Bruins

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 29, 2023 3:35 pm

Tree & his foster dad

Tree
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Tree » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:07 pm

Thought of Hedge when I saw this. In fact, Bukowski may have been somehow speaking directly to the young lad across 3+ decades.

Butt juice

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:38 am

I've seen 'em all. Read most of his books, poetry and prose, seen a couple of documentaries and listened to quite a few of his poetry readings. Made a pilgrimage to one of places he lived in LA (DeLongpre Ave.) Guy is a national treasure...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:49 pm

Cruz Bustamante totally looks like some dude from the Godfather part 3. That is all, brahs. Enjoy your night.
Butt juice

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:54 am

This is good

-------------------------

https://www.wdtn.com/news/dave-ramsey-b ... r0tv__L3Qw

Dave Ramsey, the finance guru radio host who offered millions of people advice for managing their debts, is now being sued for $150 million dollars by some of those same listeners.

As reported first by ReligionNews, former fans of Ramsey’s are suing him and his company, along with a marketing firm, saying they were defrauded by Timeshare Exit Team, who Ramsey often endorsed.

Jacky Oh, who appeared on ‘Wild ‘N Out’ with partner DC Young Fly, dies at 32
Seventeen plaintiffs filed the class-action lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for Western Washington in April, saying they were scammed out of millions by following Ramsey’s advice, a man who vehement and frequently spoke about his hatred for timeshare companies.

Former Ramsey listeners stated they were not aware he was being paid $30 million between 2015 to 2021 to promote the timeshare group, promising listeners a way out of their timeshare burdens.

“Ramsey has gained the trust of millions of followers through his long-running radio show, conferences and “Financial Peace University,” a faith-based personal finance program taught in churches around the country,” wrote ReligionNews. “His expertise, the complaint alleges, should have made him aware that Timeshare Exit Team was not to be trusted.”

Clients were allegedly charged $5,000 each by Timeshare Exit Team in order to cut ties with their timeshares, while some clients were charged up to $72,000. The promise was they would get their money back once free from the timeshare grip.

-----------------

John Oliver made him look like an ass a few weeks ago

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:15 am

His expertise? He's a fucking radio, media asshole. His expertise is having sponsors pay for his endorsements, and it certainly isn't fucking personal finance. I don't think suing the Radio Show for Morons because you're dissatisfied with one of the sponsors is going to fly.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:20 am

probably not

but he's going to have to take the Alex Jones defense of admitting that you can't take anything he says seriously and he is just an entertainer, not good for someone who makes his living supposedly giving out sound investment advise on a Christian Radio Network.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:21 pm

Not a chance. This will get dismissed or resolved in some pittance settlement. 17 unhappy customers, oh no! Their beef is with the company that supposedly defrauded them, not Dave Ramsey. Seriously, how hard could it be to even win this for Dave Ramsey, even if it did go to trial. I doubt he he'll have to admit jack shit. Even if the company really was almost a pure scam, all he might have to do is find like 18 people willing to say they got great service from this company (and they probably already had references like this for their marketing, even if it was a scam, or maybe even especially if it was a scam) in order to outweigh what they are going to say.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:27 pm

"all he might have to do is find like 18 people"

At first I thought you had writting "find like IB people," and I was like "I pray to god there's no more people like IB"...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:13 pm

Fuck that punkle

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:22 pm

I don't really care whether its got any sound legal backing or not.

Ramsey is on a Christian Network presenting himself as some common sense guru that you can trust with sound financial advice. Now granted, maybe 80% of this audience is in desperate need of sound financial advice , but that actually makes it worse.

He clearly didn't vet this company, they are a complete scam, as is most of the industry. They profited to the tune of $200m with his endorsement where he tells his listeners they will get them out of a timeshare and get their money in between him dispensing advice on credit cards, savings and whatever else. Was it even clear to the listener this was a commercial versus the traditional financial advise he gives? Who knows

I don't think he'll lose in court, but he deserves to. He wasn't pitching a schitty tasting pizza or a testosterone pill that makes your dick hard, he was telling people who were under financial duress to contact this company and they would get relief, and he should have known better if he didn't, and whether he did or not still makes him a fucking scumbag for either supposedly being a financial guru who sold his integrity for a quick buck or didn't bother to check on a company in an industry filled with dishonest players. Dishonest players he rails on btw, regularly on his show. From what I understand the guy has basically a stump speech on timeshares.

How is this different from Tom Brady pitching crypto? No one has any reason to believe that Tom Brady is a crypto genius. Now if Tom Brady had multiple football camps and at each camp he told kids to use a special kind of shoe and it made them have ankle problems, then you find out Tom Brady was a spokesperson for a shoe company that causes ankle issues with kids and Tom made $30m pitching shoes to aspiring football players, I don't think it sit as well as "well Tom is just a spokesperson and you can't sue pitchman for bad products"

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:55 pm

eCat wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:20 am probably not

but he's going to have to take the Alex Jones defense of admitting that you can't take anything he says seriously and he is just an entertainer, not good for someone who makes his living supposedly giving out sound investment advise on a Christian Radio Network.
Welcome to the Fox News mission statement.
Butt juice

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:56 am

This case is nothing like Alex Jones show.

Dave Del Dotto has been sued before, those cases went nowhere. But in those cases, he actually personally profited from the people who sued him since they sent HIM money for advice (and they failed.) In Dave Ramsey's case, these are people suing because they listened to an advertisement on his show. Likely, this class actions goes nowhere.

Suing financial "experts" for their advice has been done many times. Its just not all that successful so we don't hear about the lawsuits that are lost or dismissed. I don't think Dave's advice is all that valuable because it is intended for people who are completely and totally financially incompetent. Those are the people who need the advice the most but will follow his advice the least. The minute Dave says
Dave Ramsey wrote:live on rice and beans for a few years
people stop listening. They are not going to do that. Its too much of a sacrifice to do that even if that is the best thing they can do.

Suing Dave because a scam artist paid him $30 million to pimp his business, well, if even one person succeeded and got their timeshare cancelled, then maybe its not a scam? Maybe the people who paid all that money had other extenuating circumstances where they couldn't get it cancelled? I have owned timeshare, loved it, used it, and when I was done, sold it. But I was one of the lucky ones.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:43 am

Tree wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:55 pm

and MSNBC and CNN and....

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:51 am

eCat wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:43 am

You really don’t see a difference there?
Butt juice

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:52 am

"I don't really care whether its got any sound legal backing or not."

This is also the mantra of all Trump supporters...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:11 am

yea, because your side is all about following the law

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:11 am

Tree wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:51 am
eCat wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:43 am

You really don’t see a difference there?
please, tell me how MSNBC and CNN aren't state propaganda in an attempt to deliver news 24/7, you have my interest

or maybe that is the difference, two of them deliver government propaganda while one caters to a ideology

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:28 am

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:43 am

I have intentionally stayed off the Florida St thread because I didn't want to talk this shit with you guys any more

and god knows there has been no shortage of I told you so opportunities in the last few weeks for me to jump into