The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Tree
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Tree » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:33 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:37 pm I don't think so tree

China "works for us." WORK being the operative word. Their entire economy is predicated on manufacturing all the cheap, small shit, that the earth consumes. This is by design.

And what is the design? Name one nation on the earth (other than China) where the most marginal of workers can show up to punch the clock, every day, straight and sober, un-unionized, and without complaint, and work CHEAPER than the Chinese? There isn't a nation on the earth that can fulfill all those promises. So, for China to go to war, is to make her hundreds of millions of workers, unemployed. That will not happen.
You're missing the bigger picture. They have an economy based on making things, which actually works. We know b/c we used to do it before we switched over to this investment shlock which is all just a ponzi game. Our debt is not repayable in any way that our leaders are interested in doing, which means it's only a matter of time before China has us on lockdown. So we have two options, become their bitch in a cold war or go hot. Which are you thinking will happen?
Butt juice

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:56 pm

eCat wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:14 pm a recession with record employment

leave it to Biden

https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/fina ... definition.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by sardis » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:56 pm

I blame Biden for inflation, but not the recession. The crusty elites at the federal reserve are killing us with their archaic view of the economy. This is a demographic labor inflation issue that won't be brought down by raising interest rates unless you make them so high you blow a big hole in the economy., but that's what it looks like they are trying to do.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:33 pm

Tree wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:33 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:37 pm I don't think so tree

China "works for us." WORK being the operative word. Their entire economy is predicated on manufacturing all the cheap, small shit, that the earth consumes. This is by design.

And what is the design? Name one nation on the earth (other than China) where the most marginal of workers can show up to punch the clock, every day, straight and sober, un-unionized, and without complaint, and work CHEAPER than the Chinese? There isn't a nation on the earth that can fulfill all those promises. So, for China to go to war, is to make her hundreds of millions of workers, unemployed. That will not happen.
You're missing the bigger picture. They have an economy based on making things, which actually works. We know b/c we used to do it before we switched over to this investment shlock which is all just a ponzi game. Our debt is not repayable in any way that our leaders are interested in doing, which means it's only a matter of time before China has us on lockdown. So we have two options, become their bitch in a cold war or go hot. Which are you thinking will happen?
We will become their bitch. They hold all the debt and we will pay it. Plus interest. We will not Welsh on that debt. We can not Welsh because we will continue to demand deficit spending because people (like Jungle Rat) didn't save enough and people (like Jungle Rat) expect the federal government to give him a monthly check and healthcare for the rest of his life. So people (like Jungle Rat) don't care that they are stealing from their own grandchildren so they can eat, but it is what it is.

We will be their bitch because people (like Jungle Rat) like things cheap and people (like Jungle Rat) would rather have China simply manufacture everything that people (like Jungle Rat) intend to consume, so long as its cheap. Put a plant in East Bum Fuck West Virginia, and it will unionize in a month. Then they will not be able to find affordable labor to manufacture whatever it is and then sell it for profit in the open market.

We will be their bitch. In someways, we already are their bitch. Globalization. It has hollowed out the USA and turned our country into a debt slave to the Chi-Coms.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:34 pm

I do agree Jungle Rat sucks. No argument there.
Butt juice

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:05 pm

I feel the love!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:06 pm

Nevermind. Stop rubbin on me Tree.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:40 pm

We gots ourselves another big balloon.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:20 am

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:49 pm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:56 pm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:20 pm

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:13 am

Finally some common sense from a few economists.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/econo ... eid=yhoof2

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:23 am

Isn't the Fed run by our Rothchild/Illuminati/Bohemian Grove/lizard men overlords? Not much you can do about that...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:51 am

Doesn't appear that they're simply not going to support Trump, but rather actively opposing MAGA types in general. Good for them...

Koch Political Machine Vows to Fight to Deny Trump GOP Nomination in 2024

The Koch brothers, whose political machine fuels the most powerful donor network in conservative politics, are declaring that machine will be part of the NeverTrump effort for 2024, aiming to deny former President Donald Trump a third nomination for the White House.

The declaration, released in a recent memo to staffers and activists, never explicitly mentions Trump, but it’s abundantly clear from the tone in Americans for Prosperity CEO Emily Seidel’s message that the grassroots behemoth she leads has no plans of being a passive player in Republican politics when it comes to the White House. “Our country must move past the current political situation—we’ve got to turn the page on the past several years,” she wrote. “If we want to elect better people, we need better candidates. And if we want better candidates, we’ve got to get involved in elections earlier and in more primaries.”

But, in the intervening time, many of the Trump apologists in the Koch orbit have soured on the ex-President. The deadly Capitol attack on Jan. 6, 2021, was a last straw for many, and the threat posed by a leader without respect for the rule of law—a key tenant for the free-market donors central to the Koch orbit—was too much to ignore. So, heading into the early days of the 2024 jockeying, it’s clear that the massive vault of cash controlled by these groups is up for grabs. It alone won’t be enough to win anyone the nomination—and maybe not enough to deny it to Trump—but it’s a force that doesn’t have a peer.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/koch-politic ... 30494.html

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:58 am

IRCC the Koch brothers were big Jeb Bush guys, didn't one of them die recently?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:02 pm

Four leading GOP presidential candidates – Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Scott Walker – are traveling to a Southern California luxury hotel in coming days to make their cases directly to the Koch brothers and hundreds of other wealthy conservatives planning to spend close to $1 billion in the run-up to the 2016 election.

The gathering – which also will include former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina, but notably not Sen. Rand Paul — is hosted by Freedom Partners Chamber of Commerce, the umbrella group in the Kochs’ increasingly influential network of political and public policy outfits. It represents a major opportunity for the candidates at a pivotal moment in the presidential primary.

The crowded field of GOP contenders is competing aggressively for the support of uncommitted mega-donors as the campaign hurtles towards its first debates in what’s expected to be a long and costly battle for the Republican nomination.

-----------------------------

Trump’s opposition to free-trade deals, his comments about Muslims, and his plan to deport 11 million illegal immigrants have all contributed to the Koch network’s decision not to spend a penny of its $250 million 2016 budget in support of the billionaire nominee.
-----------------------------

so they have made vows before
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:13 pm

“The loudest voice in each political party sets the tone for the entire election. In a presidential year, that’s the presidential candidate,” Seidel wrote. “And to write a new chapter for our country, we need to turn the page on the past. So the best thing for the country would be to have a president in 2025 who represents a new chapter.”

A new chapter, to be clear, is one where Trump is not bullying the Republican Party into submission for another round. In fact, Seidel all but taunted Trump as a loser: “AFP Action is prepared to support a candidate in the Republican presidential primary who can lead our country forward, and who can win.” (The emphasis on win was Seidel’s.)

That’s why the Koch machine’s announcement that they won’t stay neutral for a third round is notable—and why Trump’s team in Florida would do well to note their newest foe.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:44 pm

I'm surprised that the support for Trump is still as high as it is, but it should be clear to anyone he is incapable of winning a second election unless some key indicators are swinging his way

The problem however is Trump isn't going away and he'll do whatever he can to take down DeSantis even if it means a Democratic president.

on the other side of the aisle , Biden could very well die at any moment at his age

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:49 pm

Trump ain't no spring chicken, and he's obese...