Florida State Seminoles

The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Tree
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Tree » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:42 am

You are the ultimate omega. While me, Rat, and IB are out drinking and fucking college girls, you're in here ending sentences differently than everyone else.
Butt juice

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:45 am

hedge wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:12 am "Much of what Putin does is guided by being Russian Orthodox"

I know nothing about Putin or the Russian Orthodox church, but I can guarantee you Putin is a complete atheist. He's a cruel, Machiavellian ruler who will use any tool, i.e., the church, to achieve his ends, but he's not a fool, i.e., he doesn't believe one word of that idiotic bullshit, and I'm sure he laughs at those who do. He's like a crack or heroin dealer who doesn't use the product himself. He knows it's poison, but he also knows that you're addicted to it, so he's happy to provide it, laughing all the way to the bank. He doesn't care if you die from it, there's no shortage of fools that will follow to instantly take your place before your corpse has gone cold. Like Marx said, religion is the opiate of the masses. Putin (and so many others) have merely weaponized that insight in order to gain secular power. And highly successfully. At least the priests actually believed it. Well, kinda. Some of them, anyway. Well, maybe a few...
I have absolutely no idea if Putin has any real "faith" in Russian/Eastern Orthodoxy. And since I will never meet him, I will never know for sure. But his being Orthodox may be the same as Biden being Roman Catholic, in name only. Biden doesn't actually believe in the Dogmas of Roman Catholicism. He's truly Roman Catholic in name only. That is it. When Biden is in Mass and says "Lord Hear our Prayer" he is praying to no one in his mind. The same may be true for Putin and Orthodox.

This much I do know: the truly Orthodox Christians (the very few that I met here in Arizona) are bullshit about all this transgender bullshit. They know a lie when they see it. They know sin when they see it. in Catholic Mass, its unlikely that the Priest will even talk about transgenderism AT ALL. And although in a Protestant church, the Pastor may say in the sermon that his/her flock need to be more understanding and "tolerant" of those brothers who now think they are sisters (and vice-versa) you will generally not hear any of that in any Orthodox church (Eastern or Greek.) Having said that, it may be that Putin has successfully militarized the truly Eastern Orthodox of Russia, those who really TRULY have faith, to take up arms against the West and its fall-from-Grace with its willingness to tolerate sin. And the first hammer to fall appears to fall on Ukraine (a nation that many Russians think is more European leaning than Russian.)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:40 am

"With 14 votes and still nothing, perhaps the message being sent on McCarthy is clear, GOP, pick another one."

Tell me you're a dimwit without telling me you're a dimwit. Never mind, you do that every time you post...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:42 am

"I think McCarthy probably will become speaker, but only when the tiny opposition tires of being in opposition. I don't know when that will happen."

Jesus fucking christ, you really are a retard, aren't you? He was elected speaker 4 hours ago. eCat, this is the kind of idiot you're in league with, and the rest of the gang in puterbac's forum, who all jumped ship years ago. Ditto Prof and Crotch in here. Are these the kind of people you want to ally yourself with? Really?? Well, I guess when you look on my side and see Rat, it must give you pause...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:44 am

Tree wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:26 am what is this '...' shit? just put a period like everyone else.
It's called an ellipsis. It means I'll have more to say momentarily. Or not. Fuck you...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:18 am

I give everyone pause. And crabs.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:40 am

hedge wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:42 am "I think McCarthy probably will become speaker, but only when the tiny opposition tires of being in opposition. I don't know when that will happen."

Jesus fucking christ, you really are a retard, aren't you? He was elected speaker 4 hours ago. eCat, this is the kind of idiot you're in league with, and the rest of the gang in puterbac's forum, who all jumped ship years ago. Ditto Prof and Crotch in here. Are these the kind of people you want to ally yourself with? Really?? Well, I guess when you look on my side and see Rat, it must give you pause...
What, he was elected on the FIFTEENTH vote? Or maybe SIXTEENTH? Great. I don't really care. But as I said before (when I wrote that post) he was probably going to be elected eventually. And when I typed it, that was the most recent vote. But 14 failed votes? That is not exactly an inspired, enthusiastic, GOP House, now is it?

No one here is retarded hedge.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:53 am

The house is going to produce so much great comedy these next 2 years. They stormed the Capitol for this chance. It's gonna be fun to watch.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:29 pm

I guess it never occurred to them to convert an abandoned school into housing the homeless Americans in Chicago as we approach the middle of winter.....

Residents in a Chicago neighborhood are protesting the city's plans to establish a migrant shelter inside a closed-down elementary school, sharing that they feel "blindsided" by Mayor Lori Lightfoot's decision.
Lightfoot’s administration has for months planned to house migrants at a vacant building formerly home to Wadsworth Elementary School, 6420 S. University Ave. in Woodlawn.

A group of Woodlawn neighborhood residents gathered Thursday morning to insist that the Chicago government provide resources for locals rather than the migrants.

"The community feels disrespected, they feel as though they were not included, and they need answers today," community member Jennifer Maddox told Fox 32.

Those in the Woodlawn neighborhood said the announcement of the migrant shelter came without Chicago officials providing details on the migrant's living arrangement or a timeline.

Residents say they feel like the announcement felt like "a slap in the face" and they think there are other more pressing community issues that should be addressed first like the Chicago crime wave, homelessness issues, and the rising cost of living.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:26 pm

I guess it never occurred to them to convert an abandoned school into housing the homeless Americans in Chicago as we approach the middle of winter.....
Funny how they started caring about locals right after realizing migrants are moving in.
Butt juice

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:32 pm

More like how they started caring about others in general.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:42 pm

Tree wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:26 pm
Funny how they started caring about locals right after realizing migrants are moving in.
who is they? People outside of Chicago?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:15 pm

"Residents in a Chicago neighborhood are protesting the city's plans..."
Butt juice

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Rida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:57 am

I've been reading alot of tweets about the GOP cutting social security and medicare.

I have no problem with them raising the retirement age to say 69...heh..69 and medicare to 67

as long as they also include some pretty stringent laws about worker protections.

At my company for example, I've heard more than one manager say they can hire someone half that age for half the salary to do the job.

You start adding high paid seniors to the work force for an additional 5 years its a burden on the private sector while alleviating the federal government obligations.

You can't be pushing back guaranteed benefits to Americans while at the same time encouraging business to be at will workplaces.

Also the means based SS it a no go. Only people that have , say, $3m or more in retirement would not feel it. For the people that struggled to get $300K saved , they'll need every cent of it, yet politicians, who are all millionaires will compare those people with $300K to the people who saved nothing and will say they have a standard living above the average recipient.

Similar to Obama deciding the government needed to tax companies that provided "cadillac" benefits to workers while other people did not

btw, FUCK OBAMA, if I have never said that before.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:03 am

the rough estimate now btw, is the average worker should have 11x his/her salary saved for retirement if he retires at 65.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:24 am

Look at eCat standing up for migrants!

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:26 am

eCat wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:03 am the rough estimate now btw, is the average worker should have 11x his/her salary saved for retirement if he retires at 65.
Yeah, I’m not there…
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:26 am

"You can't be pushing back guaranteed benefits to Americans while at the same time encouraging business to be at will workplaces."

You can't, but the party you support can. And you'll keep voting for them...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:08 pm

Dave23 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:26 am
eCat wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:03 am the rough estimate now btw, is the average worker should have 11x his/her salary saved for retirement if he retires at 65.
Yeah, I’m not there…
I'm there if it was what I was making in 1991

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:08 pm