Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:36 pm

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:58 am

Even if everything (and more) we pretty much know to be true about Trump's attempted coup gets proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, his supporters won't care. They care more about getting "their" people on the Supreme Court (although obviously any repub president would've nominated the same bunch of puritans that Trump did, so that's really not even an issue) and owning the libs (which is much, much more important to many of his supporters than even the Supreme Court picks) than they do about a repub president using all the powers of the executive branch to attempt to overthrow a legal election....
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:08 am

They care more about their party than their country and its sad. And scary.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:15 am

hedge wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:58 am Even if everything (and more) we pretty much know to be true about Trump's attempted coup gets proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, his supporters won't care. They care more about getting "their" people on the Supreme Court (although obviously any repub president would've nominated the same bunch of puritans that Trump did, so that's really not even an issue) and owning the libs (which is much, much more important to many of his supporters than even the Supreme Court picks) than they do about a repub president using all the powers of the executive branch to attempt to overthrow a legal election....
lets assume what you said is true - he used all his powers in attempt to overthrow a legal election

it was about as successful as Rat going to an AA meeting. It failed spectacularly and no one took it seriously to begin with. It was Trump throwing a fit and people in positions to do anything about it just rolled their eyes and walked away.

The issue isn't that the supporters won't care, its that its ALL you guys care about. You're trying to make this out to be the biggest historical moment since Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. And at the end of the day, an egomaniac threw a fit because he went to bed winning an election and woke up losing it. There wasn't a line of generals ready to take the military into action, there wasn't judges ready to declare the election invalid, the CIA wasn't ready to assassinate any opposition leaders, there wasn't world leaders quietly pulling strings behind the scenes. A sitting president threw a fit and was ignored other than a handful of sycophants that hung on his every word - and 90% of them were incompetent morons.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:53 am

This is good, could easily be about Trump, but it's even better with the English accent and references...

https://peertube.live/w/1ad26580-e419-4 ... 58be60e773

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:02 am

" And at the end of the day, an egomaniac threw a fit because he went to bed winning an election and woke up losing it."

Not even close. This was planned for months. Granted, a "plan" by Trump, which naturally included nitwits like Giuliani, Sidney Powell and other psychos in key roles, was doomed to failure, but only b/c of the primordial idiocy of Trump himself. That in no way mitigates the attempt..

"there wasn't judges ready to declare the election invalid"

That's still in the works. If the Supreme Court rules that state legislatures have the power to determine who gets to be president (and that case is coming before them next year), your individual vote will mean nothing, nor will the collective tally of the votes in any given state. It'll go to the state legislatures and, depending on how the Court rules, they'll get do decide who won their state, irregardless of how many actual people voted for each candidate. But then I'm sure you'll make more excuses for why Trump's coup attempt wasn't so bad simply b/c it didn't result in him staying in the White House, as long as those state legislatures select the (republican) candidate of your choice in the future. Win at all costs...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:04 am

How quickly e forgets about our brothers who died on 9/11.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:11 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:15 pm Something to be worried about next summer as 24 gets closer and the Republicans become more desperate.

https://ballotpedia.org/Moore_v._Harper

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:43 am

The ex-prime minister of Japan was assassinated with an improvised/homemade weapon. Is this the first really high profile crime committed with one of these?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:06 am

There? Probably. They have like what? 4 shootings a year?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:11 am

hedge wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:02 am " And at the end of the day, an egomaniac threw a fit because he went to bed winning an election and woke up losing it."

Not even close. This was planned for months. Granted, a "plan" by Trump, which naturally included nitwits like Giuliani, Sidney Powell and other psychos in key roles, was doomed to failure, but only b/c of the primordial idiocy of Trump himself. That in no way mitigates the attempt..

"there wasn't judges ready to declare the election invalid"

That's still in the works. If the Supreme Court rules that state legislatures have the power to determine who gets to be president (and that case is coming before them next year), your individual vote will mean nothing, nor will the collective tally of the votes in any given state. It'll go to the state legislatures and, depending on how the Court rules, they'll get do decide who won their state, irregardless of how many actual people voted for each candidate. But then I'm sure you'll make more excuses for why Trump's coup attempt wasn't so bad simply b/c it didn't result in him staying in the White House, as long as those state legislatures select the (republican) candidate of your choice in the future. Win at all costs...
what was planned for months? claiming that voting machines were invalid? That's the big coup attempt?

I don't even know what you are talking about in the state legislature stuff and voting.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:17 am

article-0-1A2B262D00000578-818_636x382.jpg
article-0-1A2B262D00000578-818_636x382.jpg (132.64 KiB) Viewed 183 times

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:39 am

aTm wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:43 am The ex-prime minister of Japan was assassinated with an improvised/homemade weapon. Is this the first really high profile crime committed with one of these?
With a Japanese prime minister?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:54 am

"what was planned for months? claiming that voting machines were invalid? That's the big coup attempt?"

Trying to seize voting machines, which nobody wanted to touch (DoD, Dept. of Homeland Security, etc, he tried them all, the only surprising thing being that you're not complaining about how the "deep state" was thwarting the will of the president), explicitly begging the Georgia Sec. of State to "find me 13,852 votes (and exact number that was one more than what he lost by), using the office of the President to mislead and lie about the election being stolen and thus undermining public trust in the idea of the election process itself, getting fake "electors" to submit bogus electoral college votes as if they were the real ones (many such fake electoral ballots were submitted, and hopefully the people who signed their names to them will be going to prison very soon), and, what I think is going to end up being the case, telling leaders of domestic terrorist organizations like the Proud Boys and the 2%'ers (or whatever the fuck their name is) that he was going to deputize them as federal "security" on Jan. 6th., thus giving the Presidential stamp of approval to their terrorist, treasonous activity.

The guy threw so much shit on the wall it's very difficult to keep up with it all, and outright impossible to keep up with it if you don't even really care, which you don't seem to care that he consciously and deliberately attempted to overturn a legal election just so his fat crybaby ass wouldn't have to leave the White House, only that the attempt failed. I doubt you'd be so sanguine if somebody tried to rob your house or worse but just didn't "get away with it." Attempted murder and conspiracy to commit just about any crime carries virtually the same penalties as actually doing it...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:59 am

Basically what was planned for months (years, actually, he already pulled this stolen election shit when Ted Cruz beat him in some state primary in 2016) was that he was going to claim there was massive voter fraud under any circumstances where the vote was close or he lost and based on that complete made up bullshit he was going to use (or attempt to use) the resources of the federal government and his power as the President of the United States to thwart the will of the people. Or rather, the will of the people who voted for somebody else. That's rank criminality. The guy is no better than a two bit crime boss, and sadly he's been empowered by people who don't care what laws or even tenets of common decency and class are broken as long as they get what they want...

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:31 pm

Im curious if you would consider it to be criminal to create a strategy where you claim that Russians hacked an election and then spend the next 4 years falsely attempting to link campaign and government officials to Russia, including using government surveilance apparatus to start this plan by spying on the candidate before the election had even occured?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:32 pm

Democracy is getting crucified by both sets of fucksticks playing the same game

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:47 pm

aTm wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:31 pm Im curious if you would consider it to be criminal to create a strategy where you claim that Russians hacked an election and then spend the next 4 years falsely attempting to link campaign and government officials to Russia, including using government surveilance apparatus to start this plan by spying on the candidate before the election had even occured?
not to mention multiple attempts to impeach a duly elected official in an effort to derail his agenda based on this false premise

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:58 pm

Didn't I post awhile back that I can't wait until Republicans start eating their own? Once again, I'm right. It's not just Democrats, Independents and basically everyone else against a criminal President, it's his own people taking him down along with them. To think this guy even has a shread of a chance to ever visit the White House again is delusional at best.

It's a beautiful thing.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:59 pm

hedge wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:54 am "what was planned for months? claiming that voting machines were invalid? That's the big coup attempt?"

Trying to seize voting machines, which nobody wanted to touch (DoD, Dept. of Homeland Security, etc, he tried them all, the only surprising thing being that you're not complaining about how the "deep state" was thwarting the will of the president), explicitly begging the Georgia Sec. of State to "find me 13,852 votes (and exact number that was one more than what he lost by), using the office of the President to mislead and lie about the election being stolen and thus undermining public trust in the idea of the election process itself, getting fake "electors" to submit bogus electoral college votes as if they were the real ones (many such fake electoral ballots were submitted, and hopefully the people who signed their names to them will be going to prison very soon), and, what I think is going to end up being the case, telling leaders of domestic terrorist organizations like the Proud Boys and the 2%'ers (or whatever the fuck their name is) that he was going to deputize them as federal "security" on Jan. 6th., thus giving the Presidential stamp of approval to their terrorist, treasonous activity.

The guy threw so much shit on the wall it's very difficult to keep up with it all, and outright impossible to keep up with it if you don't even really care, which you don't seem to care that he consciously and deliberately attempted to overturn a legal election just so his fat crybaby ass wouldn't have to leave the White House, only that the attempt failed. I doubt you'd be so sanguine if somebody tried to rob your house or worse but just didn't "get away with it." Attempted murder and conspiracy to commit just about any crime carries virtually the same penalties as actually doing it...
but his basis for his belief and the belief of his followers was tied to something that had not happened before in the history of politics. A sitting president received more votes than he did in his prior election and still lost. I told you well before Jan 6th ever happened that if that issue wasn't addressed in a satisfactory manner then it would never be put to rest and you had basically a subset of 80m voters who believed there was election fraud.

You continually dismiss those people as hicks and rubes but the bigger issue is regardless of what they are , they are still American citizens who believe that there was election irregularities and they have 4 years of watching the Democrats say the 2016 election was rigged by the Russians. The seed for election corruption was planted by the Democrats, not Trump, and then Joe Biden gets more votes than Obama, who by all accounts had a record turn out in voting, while Biden couldn't even fill up a venue of voters at one of his events.

I'm not sanguine about it, I just don't believe this was an insurrection or coup by any definition, and the same people that tried to impeach Trump are the ones speaking in hyperbole every chance they get about what happened on the 6th.

The country has been conditioned to believe that democrats will say and do whatever they can in an effort to punish Trump. We saw it here daily for years.

finally, I think no one is really asking a basic question. If you truly believed the election was stolen - by whatever means - then what would you do? as a citizen? as a congressman, as a sitting president? Again, the Democrats spent 4 years trying to convince everyone that our elections are not clean - and now anyone who dares question the validity of them is a traitor to the republic. To me there seems to be a very fine line between a corrupted elections and insurrection, and only the victors can determine the direction of it.