eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:45 pm

yep

who was it that put all those people on SCOTUS? was it Hillary?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:18 pm

sardis wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:43 pm Thank you Supreme Court
Yup that was good.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:25 pm

Flabby arms

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:56 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:53 pm I hate to hear it.

at this point what can it hurt to try ivermectin?

I guarantee you know someone that has some
She got a prescription for ivermectin last Friday, that gave her diarrhea but nothing else, as expected. Probably got rid of any parasites she may have been harboring though...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:25 pm

Besides you

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:54 pm

A+

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:15 pm

I'm on a roll.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:11 pm

Well done…
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:06 am

so we have like maybe 20 people in the office now , and yesterday I worked until 5:30. I decided to take a piss before I left and I figured no one was left in the building so I go without a mask. Sure enough as I was walking out an HR wonk walked in wearing his paper mask and I could tell by the look on his face he was surprised to see an exposed nose.

Sure enough I got a reminder email this morning about wearing masks in the office from the designated mask nazi.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:14 am

You rebel

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:44 am

I think what I felt would happen is coming true, except I couldn't have guessed the reason why

The hard core Trump supporters are starting to turn on him because he's gone from pushing for them to get vaccinated to touting one of his greatest accomplishments was expediting the vaccine. And in truth is was, but now Trump is pushing the booster and its burning on his supporters, even those vaccinated that after 3 shots in 18 months that they still aren't protected in public settings.

He clearly isn't reading the country and people are migrating in mass now to DeSantis.

Right now Trump still has the majority of supporters in the GOP. That's going to change in the next 12 months. He'll do one last money grab at the start of 2023 and then bow out, either with some face saving reason or because he'll refuse to spend his own money to campaign, and that will be the last we hear of Trump.

I believe that to be best for the country as well. Trump served his purpose and the change he has created within the GOP is long lasting.

Matter of fact, I give credit to AOC (and similar) and Trump for irreversibly changing their parties to the extent that many of the old guard has opted to not continue being in politics to be replaced with more absolutist. Its going to create more gridlock and division in this country but I believe that's the pain we have to go thru to move forward. People have to see the true face of their political parties in order to make better informed decisions. They won't accept moderates who just want to keep the status quo

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:49 am

and that will be the last we hear of Trump.
It depends how long he lives. If he lives 10-15 more years and there is another #TeamRed President, you can bet there will be some point he disagrees on and #TeamBlue will trot him out on the intertron to say "See! Even good 'ole Trump thinks you are evil/incomepetent/a moron/etc"
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:54 am

Hell, he was a #TeamBlue hero only that long ago in the past (basically until he talked shit about Obama's birth certificate as part of maybe campaigning for 2012, I guess).
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:57 am

eCat,

I think the majority (pretty much ALL of the Trump supporters) went in his direction because he was the only one in the room (dem or GOP) to talk about immigration. DC refuses to discuss that (openly) with the voters. Only Trump did that. If you believe that 20,000,000 NEW 2020 democrat voters are legitimate (20,000,000 that didn't vote AT ALL in 2016, and suddenly came out to vote for Joe) then its either because these 20,000,000 newbies are patriarchal liberals who would never vote for a woman for President OR because of the way Trump handled coronavirus. Or both. I can't think of any other reasons. There were NO REASONS to vote for Joe and NOT vote for HRC other than his gender and the virus. No Trump voters left Trump to vote for Joe in 2020 (his votes went UP by the millions.) Pretty much every person I speak to that voted for Trump, none of them are angry with him about coronavirus, none of them. Its all immigration to them.

If DeSantis takes Trump's message on immigration and runs with it (basically agree with Trump entirely) AND continues to have Florida separate from New York, New England, Illinois, and California on how it handles covid-19 policy, then yes, he will probably be the nominee. But I know a lot of Trump voters and they love Trump because of immigration and they don't dislike the way he handled corona. If Trump doesn't run in 2024 (he might not) and DeSantis wins by virtue of him or nothing, then if he doesn't make immigration his number one policy, we get Biden or Kamala Harris as President in 2025.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:21 am

As far as AOC goes, I listened to a lot of her pod casts and youtubes on her voters in NY's 14th district of hers. She would say (over and over) the main reason why they voted for her in the dem primary is because "she-looked-like-them" and wasn't that old white guy, Joe Crowley. They had absolutely NO REASON (on policy) to vote for her over him other than the fact that she was younger, female, and had a darker skin complexion, which more correctly mirrored the democrat primary voters of New York's 14th congressional district. They were never-EVER going to vote for the republican in the general election so they just wanted the democrat that looked like them.

She is not really changing anything. Her Green new Deal bill, she embarrassed herself by creating it. There was no math in it, no logic to it, not even an economic policy. It was just authority, regulation, and orders at the business of power and industry. Mitch brought it up for a vote and no one voted for it. Democrats only voted "present" on it. Whenever she speaks on capitol hill about anything, if her staffers do not write a perfect script telling her exactly what to say, she tends to embarrass herself. It doesn't matter, the "she-looks-like-me" voters of the 14th district are going to continue to vote for her no matter how little she knows. I'm not even sure if she wants to be on congressional sub-committees anymore to ask tough questions of appointments. Well as long as Joe is doing all the appointing, it doesn't matter. Not one tough question has been asked by a democrat of any of Joe's appointments since he's been in the White House.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:38 am

I wouldn't say Trump was ever a Team Blue hero. His ranting about the Central Park Five way back in the 80's showed his true colors and certainly the progressive wing of Team Blue was never going to forget that, nor even less extreme factions within Team Blue. Bottom line is that Trump has always been an attention-seeking dolt. Maybe a more or less harmless dolt (until he became president, anyway), but an unmitigated, unrepentant dolt nonetheless. That's always been my main beef with Trump, and really, anybody who has followed his "career," however peripherally, recognized that very early on...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:46 am

I know AOC is a commie lib, but she just keeps getting hotter. High society agrees with her.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:49 am

The MIF started on her new antibiotic (for the pneumonia) yesterday, she was OK yesterday after her O2 went up to the 95ish level (and even got up to 97 at one point yesterday evening) and she got up this morning saying she felt better. We walked the dogs around the block this morning and she checked her O2 was 93 after we got back and warmed up a little. I think she was a little depressed about that, but since she was feeling better otherwise (and temp was in the 99-ish range), I came to work. Hopefully the O2 will keep rising through the day as it has been doing and this new antibiotic will kick in even more. She did start crying a little bit the other night and told me she was sorry she didn't get vaccinated. I will never tell anybody we know about that, it's not my place, but since y'all don't know her I'm telling it (and I'm not worried about Stu, who I doubt goes back and reads all these threads when he makes his monthly drive-by, nor DS)..

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:52 am

hedge I hope everything works out for the MYF and she gets better, Praying for her health hedge