Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:50 am

she was bad before the whole woke thing.

she has been quoted as saying that her being a woman should influence her decisions, her life experiences as a minority and a beneficiary of affirmative action should influence her legal decisions. She isn't concerned with justice, she is concerned with entitlement within the law.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:07 am

That is terrible eCat, but not all that surprising.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:16 pm

Wasn’t RBG the same way.

Neither one voted for Citizens United so at least they’re not traitors to the country like the righties (including Kennedy).
Butt juice

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:31 pm

I'd bet dollars to donuts this is a platform plank of the next leading GOP candidate for 2024

----

There was a telling moment, for the American Right, in Tucker Carlson’s interview with Kyle Rittenhouse. The 18-year-old had just been acquitted of murder charges for shooting three people, killing two, during riots last summer in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Carlson asked Rittenhouse whether he believed the government would protect him from threats he was receiving. “I hope so,” he said, “but we all know how the FBI works.”

You would expect that kind of statement from a “defund the police” advocate, but Rittenhouse is a former youth police cadet whose support for “Blue Lives Matter” was used to try and paint him as a racist and far-Right extremist. His world-weary cynicism about the FBI, expressed as Carlson nodded along approvingly, signals a major shift in a central axis of American politics.

Distrust of federal law enforcement was, until quite recently, a markedly Left-wing attitude, but it now represents a baseline among Republican voters. In February 2015, a Reuters poll found that almost 84% of Republicans reported a “favorable” view of the FBI. By February 2018, only two years into Donald Trump’s presidency, a different Reuters poll showed 73% of Republicans agreeing that “members of the FBI and Department of Justice are working to delegitimise Trump through politically motivated investigations.” Imagine how those same people feel now, after Special Counsel John Durham’s indictments have exposed the FBI’s role in perpetrating the Trump-Russia dossier fraud.

What does it mean when America’s law-and-order party comes to see law enforcement, along with much of the federal government, as fundamentally illegitimate? The answer is being worked out by a crop of Republicans whose project is to extend the politics of Trumpism beyond Trump. Blake Masters, a close business partner of tech investor Peter Thiel who’s running for a Senate seat in Arizona, has called for “standing up to the bureaucratic national-security state.” In a campaign ad, Masters describes a nation under siege from within, “up against a media that lies to us, schools that teach our kids to hate our country, and corporations that have gotten so big, they think they’re bigger than America.”

“Think about what this says about our disgusting elite leadership in this country,” Vance said in a video message recorded days before the Rittenhouse verdict. “If we don’t defend this young boy who defended his community when no one else was, it may very well be your baby boy that they come for.” The day Rittenhouse’s acquittal was announced, Masters tweeted: “This case reminded us that our justice system, like every other institution our ancestors built, is under siege, and that the besiegers are very close to victory.”

The rallying cry of the “Rittenhouse Republicans,” which at times approaches the rhetoric of revolution, is that the ruling class has become parasitic on the lives of ordinary Americans. “We despise our government & corporations benefiting from the security & labor of our working class solely for the benefit of elites who have no loyalty to our nation, rather they despise us & are using the wealth they generate to fund our decline,” Kent recently tweeted.

https://unherd.com/2021/12/the-rise-of- ... ?=refinnar
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:34 pm

I am against Citizen United as well, but you can't take one ruling and decide that makes them right or wrong.

The problem with Sotomayor (and not RBG) is you know where she will vote, she is predictable and consistent in how she applies the law - and it has nothing to do with the law itself, just those she feels disadvantaged by it

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:24 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:39 am Lightweight
Possibly the first time anyone has ever referred to DS as a lightweight...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:28 pm

eCat wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:21 am by now they should know the issues that will determine whether someone will have an adverse reaction to the virus or the vaccine . The data pool is huge.
True, and you'd think that would allay the fears of those who think the vaccine is dangerous. Alas...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:28 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:35 am
hedge wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:21 pm The MIF of course has got covid now (she thought eating garlic would make her immune), she's feeling a lot worse than I did, we've been calling around trying to find monoclonal antibody infusions, doesn't seem like anywhere in eastern NC has any...
Try Haymount Urgent Care in Fayetteville.
Thanks..

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:32 pm

"She isn't concerned with justice, she is concerned with entitlement within the law."

Those two things aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. In fact I would say that enforcing entitlements within the law is a definition of justice...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:33 pm

"I'd bet dollars to donuts this is a platform plank of the next leading GOP candidate for 2024"

Unless Trump is the candidate, then the entire platform will be "whatever he says," just like it was in 2020...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:43 pm

hedge wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:32 pm "She isn't concerned with justice, she is concerned with entitlement within the law."

Those two things aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. In fact I would say that enforcing entitlements within the law is a definition of justice...
not when its comes at the expense of the majority. Justice should be equal along with opportunity.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:08 pm

Tree wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:16 pm Wasn’t RBG the same way.

Neither one voted for Citizens United so at least they’re not traitors to the country like the righties (including Kennedy).
When I found out that RBG stayed loyal to her husband when he was stricken with testicular cancer in the 1950s (even took his classes at law school so he could get the notes while in the hospital) my opinion of her elevated quite a bit. She was a freshman law student, her husband a sophomore. She took ALL his classes (and hers) for half a year to get all the notes for her husband. That impressed. It also impressed me that she was so physically attractive in the 1950s that when every law firm that she applied to turned her down (simply because they were afraid the WIVES of all their current partners would force their husbands to quit out of jealousy of RBG working so close to their husbands) that she didn't make a big deal out of it, just turned to teaching law instead of practicing it. But when she went before the Supreme Court in 1971 in defense of a bachelor who wanted the tax law changed because it was unconstitutional (a law that gave a $600 tax credit ONLY to women to stay home to take care of the children) a tax credit he was denied while staying home to take care of his parents who could never care for themselves, that was when I realized she had a good heart. The law was paramount to her. I prayed to God for her heart to be softened and to overturn Roe-vs-Wade before she died. She didn't do it in time. So now I pray for God to be merciful towards her on His judgment.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:16 pm

I'm sure that's going to make a huge difference...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:21 pm

eCat wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:31 pm I'd bet dollars to donuts this is a platform plank of the next leading GOP candidate for 2024

----

Distrust of federal law enforcement was, until quite recently, a markedly Left-wing attitude, but it now represents a baseline among Republican voters. In February 2015, a Reuters poll found that almost 84% of Republicans reported a “favorable” view of the FBI. By February 2018, only two years into Donald Trump’s presidency, a different Reuters poll showed 73% of Republicans agreeing that “members of the FBI and Department of Justice are working to delegitimise Trump through politically motivated investigations.” Imagine how those same people feel now, after Special Counsel John Durham’s indictments have exposed the FBI’s role in perpetrating the Trump-Russia dossier fraud.
eCat, law enforcement is very political. Sometimes law enforcement officers are not permitted to enforce the law because of the politics of their bosses. And its not always just federal. Sometimes, its local. Let me show you something from 2007 that will really bother you.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2007/05/2 ... ution-ring

This was a big, coordinated, sex trafficking operation that was shut down with the cooperation of local, state, and federal law enforcement authorities. St Paul Police department, the Minnesota State Police, and the Feds, they all worked together to bring down this operation.
"The St. Paul police, recognizing that we neither had the resources nor the reach to pursue the investigation alone applied for a federal grant that resulted in the formation of the Gerry Vick human trafficking task force," she said.

The Department of Homeland Security called the indictments part of an on-going, complex, multi- law enforcement investigation.

U.S. Attorney Rachel Paulose says federal officials linked the prostitution ring to activity in 30 states. Eight brothels in Minnesota were located in Minneapolis, Richfield, West St. Paul and Austin.

Paulose said the 25 individuals arrested conspired to lure women from other countries to the U.S. and then to Minnesota, took their passports and put them to work:

"Once here, the defendants housed the women in brothels where the women had to perform commercial sex acts for the monetary benefit of the defendants," she said.

Paulose says the alleged head of the operation, Marisol Ramirez, promoted the operation with business cards written in Spanish that advertised the brothels.
Great story right? Well, sort of. One law enforcement agency was conspicuously absent in the sting, the Minneapolis Police Department. And you know why? Because their boss Mayor R T Rybak order them to stand down. And you know why? Because he was a democrat and he found out that if his police officers made arrests in this sex trafficking ring people would be deported and that was a NON-STARTER for R T Rybak.

You see all the Johns, all the pimps, and all the whores, all of them, illegal aliens. To shut down the operation is to arrest illegal aliens engaging in a federal crime in the United States. That is an automatic deportation. And Mayor Rybak (bleeding heart liberal that he was) was NOT going to allow his law enforcement officers to enforce that law.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:33 pm

The problem with the FBI is not necessarily political, but its more and more clear that they endorse a form of law enforcement similar to Minority Report, but not in like the sense that they are so good at analysis that they can predict crime, but that their philosophy of law enforcement is to help move things along towards the crime, allowing it to happen so they can arrest the criminals afterwards.

It is not surprising that this also leads to accusations of targeting people for political reasons, because this type of policing requires the agency to decide "what problem do I want to police?" rather than just waiting for crimes to happen and then solving them.

It's also depressing when we never get the full story on some events. Like the minimal information we still have about why Las Vegas happened. We also jailed the people who walked into the capital indefinitely, but regarding the only truly extremely concerning event (to me anyway) that happened on 1/6/21, the FBI seems to have no clue who placed pipe bombs outside the DNC and RNC offices on 1/6. They are so good that they can avoid all identification or investigation by the FBI, but we also have to believe that they were not competent enough to know how to make a working pipe bomb. The one thing I'm pretty sure of is that the President didn't leave the pipe bombs, nor was it the asshole in the buffalo horns hat and for some reason those seem to be the bottom of the barrel on the possible suspects list.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:53 pm

"It's also depressing when we never get the full story on some events. Like the minimal information we still have about why Las Vegas happened."

Are you referring to why the Chargers coach called a timeout last night?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:56 pm

‘Learn to Lose’: Fox News’ Brian Kilmeade Goes In on Trump for Keeping Up His Big Lie Rhetoric

Fox News’ Brian Kilmeade said that former President Donald Trump needed to “learn to lose” regarding the results of the 2020 election in an appearance on Media Buzz with host Howie Kurtz.

To introduce his colleague, Kurtz noted that “at the heart of the outraged media coverage of January 6 is Donald Trump’s insistence — we sometimes get several statements a day from him — that he he did not lose the election. You have some thoughts about that.”

“Yeah, I do,” Kilmeade replied. “I think that in life, you have to learn to lose. Hillary Clinton has to learn that. You know, Al Gore pretty much did learn that. Stacey Abrams didn’t learn that.”

“And if you did, in fact, get screwed out of this election, put together an A-team list of lawyers — not the ones we witnessed — and show us the districts and show us how,” Kilmeade continued, obliquely referring to the dozens and dozens of lawsuits that Trump lost in state and federal courts across the country. “I have not seen any of that.”

“In life, we have to learn to lose, Democrats and Republicans,” said Kilmeade.

“Is it anti-Trump by the media to report the fact that there is no significant evidence of widespread fraud?” asked Kurtz.

“It isn’t,” Kilmeade replied, also agreeing with Kurtz that Trump’s “re-litigating 2020 is not helping the country.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/learn-to-lo ... -rhetoric/

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:13 pm

hedge wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:16 pm I'm sure that's going to make a huge difference...
You read it?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:05 pm

aTm wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:33 pm The problem with the FBI is not necessarily political, but its more and more clear that they endorse a form of law enforcement similar to Minority Report, but not in like the sense that they are so good at analysis that they can predict crime, but that their philosophy of law enforcement is to help move things along towards the crime, allowing it to happen so they can arrest the criminals afterwards.

It is not surprising that this also leads to accusations of targeting people for political reasons, because this type of policing requires the agency to decide "what problem do I want to police?" rather than just waiting for crimes to happen and then solving them.
if that is the case, the Agent Strzok of the FBI decided (on his own authority) that the crime he "wanted to police" was Trump's treason and cooperation with the Russian Federation in subverting our election process AND he decided NOT to "police" HRC election crimes. Well isn't that nice that he did that? Gosh I'm sure there was nothing political about that decision.

Or maybe, he just liked sticking his dick in Lisa Page's tight asshole and was willing to use his authority at the FBI to do whatever she told him to do so long as she kept submitting to him?
aTm wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:33 pmIt's also depressing when we never get the full story on some events. Like the minimal information we still have about why Las Vegas happened.
Mandalay Bay was a cluster-fuck of monumental proportions. Not the least of which was that low-IQ-fuck security guard who was ONLY willing to go on the damn Ellen Show for an interview probably because they were the only ones willing to give him all the answers to the all the questions they were going to ask him.

Campos was so full of shit in this interview. Ellen had to basically give him all the answers as they were going along, so pathetic.

No motive has even been given for Paddock. They don't have a fucking CLUE why he did this. aTm, I have a little bit of a personal connection here. The wife and I, our retirement home in Mesquette Nevada is just 4000 feet away from the devil's house. It really creeps me out that someone so twisted and evil dwelled just 4000 feet away from where I intend to die someday. That ground where his house stood, it may be "haunted."
aTm wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:33 pmWe also jailed the people who walked into the capital indefinitely, but regarding the only truly extremely concerning event (to me anyway) that happened on 1/6/21, the FBI seems to have no clue who placed pipe bombs outside the DNC and RNC offices on 1/6. They are so good that they can avoid all identification or investigation by the FBI, but we also have to believe that they were not competent enough to know how to make a working pipe bomb. The one thing I'm pretty sure of is that the President didn't leave the pipe bombs, nor was it the asshole in the buffalo horns hat and for some reason those seem to be the bottom of the barrel on the possible suspects list.
Pipe bombs in DC? Yeah. I am not holding my breath. Remember the mail bomb guy

the federal government gave him more years in a prison than most murderers get. And this guy who moonlighted as an exotic dancer with his mad mail bomb skilz, he couldn't have even hurt anyone. But damn it, he "scared" democrats. Fuck him, lock him up and throw away the key.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:31 pm

635958363142455187-SNLBrd-09-13-2015-NewsLeader-1-E006--2015-09-12-IMG---20100205.jpg-1-1-35BT3FMO-L673763518-IMG---20100205.jpg-1-1-35BT3FMO.jpg
635958363142455187-SNLBrd-09-13-2015-NewsLeader-1-E006--2015-09-12-IMG---20100205.jpg-1-1-35BT3FMO-L673763518-IMG---20100205.jpg-1-1-35BT3FMO.jpg (106.96 KiB) Viewed 213 times