Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:21 am

"Oh, he jeopardized the nation by creating a "disparity" in leadership, that's treason! What's that? Trump launched a nuclear warhead at China b/c he thought it was improve his poll numbers? Hey, that's his right! He's the commander in chief, and anyway, launching a nuke puts us in far less "jeopardy" than creating a disparity in leadership during the last 2 months of Trump's lame duck presidency."

Fucking absurd...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:21 am

hedge wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:11 am "but are perfectly OK with a general giving advance notice of the intentions of his commander in Chief to our enemy."

When the commander in chief is Donald Trump, I'd be OK with Mickey Mouse giving advance notice of his (Trump's, NOT "our") "intentions." The guy is a moron and a menace and I'm goddamn happy that there was an adult in the room to prevent a nuclear holocaust based on Trump's "intentions." And sane person would be...
only Trump deranged people would seriously believe we were on the verge of a nuclear holocaust. In the highly highly unlikely event that Trump would order a nuclear strike against China in his waning days as president there would have been a line a mile long of people to prevent it from happening. After reading a few snippets in regards to the chaos of actually identifying the people necessary to invoke a nuclear strike, I'm not sure as a nation we are capable of it even if we were justified in doing so.

This idea that Trump can just call in a nuclear strike against China virtually unprovoked is just off the charts unrealistic.

I'm not completely blind that Trump was bluster and prone to macho filled hyperbole, but this idea of we needed an adult in the room mantra doesn't fly.

Its a wreckless chance Biden will take by ignoring Milley's actions if proven true

because he just set a precedent that a reporting General can and should create his own diplomatic channels and enact his own foreign policy , undermining the Commander in Chief, bypassing the Secretary of State and ignoring in country Diplomats. This is your disparity dumbass

On the heels of a disastrous Afghanistan exit strategy (setting aside Milley's role in this), I wouldn't say Biden has the full support of the Military nor the belief he'll have the best interest of them or the country at large in mind.

If he is smart, he (Biden) would make a sacrificial lamb out of Milley, even though he is probably secretly happy he cut Trump off at the knees.

He should make damn sure every general knows that you break the chain of command and aid an enemy of the United States, you swing.

Of course I don't expect him to, I expect him to praise Milley at some point for his actions under extreme duress because that's what the woke crowd wants....

until it happens to their guy
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:25 am

"We just spent day 4 on the tri-toon"

What's tri-toon?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:27 am

"only Trump deranged people would seriously believe we were on the verge of a nuclear holocaust"

I never said I thought we were on the verge, but I'm glad there was an adult in the room to make sure the slim but very real possibility of Trump pulling some bullshit was squelched. I would've been happier if he'd taken a scythe and cut him off at the knees, but you can't have everything...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:29 am

"He should make damn sure every general knows that you break the chain of command and aid an enemy of the United States, you swing."

China is not our enemy...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:37 am

you're only thinking about the Trump presidency, not the nation going forward.

You want to talk about real harm that has come out of the Trump presidency?

lets start with the FBI playing politics , leaking strategic information, ignoring criminal acts by one candidate while knowingly investigating false accusation of a another - that is not a lie, or hyperbole - that happened

lets move on to one political party waging war against a sitting president and attempting to remove him from office for the false accusation initiated by their own party

supreme court justices spoke on the record about their disdain for the sitting president and his policies, later they regretted it but the damage was done

and now the military breaking the chain of command to render the commander in chief incapacitated in his ability to have his orders executed.

and all you'll say is that all of it was justified because it was Trump

the real harm here is that in their efforts to marginalize a president they despised, our legislative and judicial branches of our government attempted to remove a duly elected sitting president of the United States and the military has determined they can make decisions about what is best for the nation

that's called a coup

and again, you'll look past it because its Trump.

Trump is gone, those precendents will stand because a sizeable percentage of this nation can't see the forest for one very big tree.

oh and the people that want Biden gone because they think the election was stolen by those people? you call them terrorists. You think they are the bigger threat to democracy
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:39 am

hedge wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:29 am "He should make damn sure every general knows that you break the chain of command and aid an enemy of the United States, you swing."

China is not our enemy...
no our allies often discuss a nuclear ballistic missile attack against us.
I see your point

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:57 am

eCat wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:14 am so you had Pfizer and both had breakthrough?

I'd like to believe there is some key entity that is the reason some people have breakthrough and others don't.

I read there was an enzyme that was prevalent in people with the more severe cases of Covid. I'm hoping they get this figured out very soon.
The wife couldn't smell anything Sat. and got tested. She thought she had seasonal allergies and wouldn't have thought twice about it otherwise. She got her result so I got tested Sunday. Turned out I had a low-grade fever....and the rona too.

I turned 65 last month so I was offered the monoclonal antibodies....I said sure. Went up the street to this makeshift site with rows of beds expressly for the treatment. They sized me up, thought I could handle the 4 shots to the stomach, and it was on. Bluehairs around me were getting it intravenously - if you have a choice THAT would be it.

I woke up yesterday with no fever and feeling fine. We did spend the afternoon on the lake. I am going to go hit balls...before it gets hot.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:00 am

alot of people think those monoclonal antibodies are a game changer. I wouldn't know how to get them if I thought they would help.

glad to hear you are on the mend. I am on the edge about this lately given I'm now in the house with a covid positive relative trying to help out my elderly mother.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:06 am

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday expressed skepticism regarding the report that Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley went behind his back to call Chinese officials but said such an action was treasonous if true.

"I've had so many calls today saying that's treason, number one," Trump continued. Acknowledging he was tough on China regarding trade and COVID-19, he went on to describe the idea that he would unilaterally attack China as "totally ridiculous."

"For the record, I never even thought of attacking China—and China knows that. The people that fabricated the story are sick and demented, and the people who print it are just as bad. In fact, I’m the only President in decades who didn’t get the U.S. into a war—a well known fact that is seldom reported," Trump added.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:11 am

eCat wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:00 am alot of people think hose monoclonal antibodies are a game changer. I wouldn't know how to get them if I thought they would help.

glad to hear you are on the mend. I am on the edge about this lately given I'm now in the how with a covid positive relative trying to help out my elderly mother.
Here's a tip: currently you have to be 65+ or have serious medical maladies to qualify. My 62 yr old wife wanted it but she's healthy and didn't qualify - the nurse coached her however, "just say you're a chronic smoker"....but she's too honest to a fault. So if you're in that spot, tell them you chain-smoke.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:16 am

Hey blue, do you keep up with 10ac at all? He told us he had the rona about a week ago and gave us a couple of updates and then the last one said he was being admitted to the ICU and we haven't heard anything since. You know anything?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:26 am

"the real harm here is that in their efforts to marginalize a president they despised, etc"

Oh for fuck's sake, the republicans have been playing hardball forever, your boy Mitch wouldn't even give a hearing to Garland 9 months before the election, with all the added total bullshit of "during an election year, I think the people should have a voice in deciding something like this, blahblahblah," but then when Ginsburg died like a week before the election, the repubs line up and fast-track what's her name. Talk about lasting effects of undermining a president, these two are going to be on the Supreme Court for decades, but oh well, exactly like you said, since your side got what it wanted, you don't give a shit about that. Never heard one word of outrage over either of those two cases, or if I did, it was of the "Oh, that wasn't right, I don't agree with it, but oh well" variety. Certainly didn't keep most Kentuckians from voting for Mitch. You know they loved getting 2 Supreme Court justices on the bench and fucking Obama and Biden in the process. I dare say you did too. But now it's "treason" what Milley did. Bullshit. If you're going to lap it up when Mitch fucks Obama, don't whine when Milley does it to Trump...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:38 am

you know what the Dems didn't fight Garland hard? Because they thought Hillary had the election the bag.

but aside from that, I'm not a McConnell fan but there is a huge difference in him saying legislatively we're going to do whatever we can to stop the president's agenda. That's been politics from the beginning of time, and Harry Reid, in his attempts to push his agenda, enabled McConnell by changing the voting rules.

No, when you create a fake dossier as the opposition, then the FBI uses that as the justification to use the FISA act, and then the democrats use that as the justification for an investigation and the groundwork for impeachment (all of them knowing its a lie), that's off the rails and completely different than just using a procedural advantage (which the democrats were warned they would regret changing) to your favor.

To compare Mitch fucking with Obama to a General undermining the commander in Chief ....wow, you really think that is comparable.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:18 am

It's way worse in this case, but again, since you got what you wanted (twice), you don't care...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:25 am

Even the military guy in Ukrainian who squealed on Trump about his phone call said Milley was treasonous for doing that.

There was no evidence of Trump attacking China. He bombed less people in his four years than any other president in recent memory. Was he verbally abusive after losing the election? yes, he's a typical New Yorker. I have a couple NY clients who tell me I'm a piece of shit and threaten to leave me every year, but they haven't in 25 years.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:31 am

So the recall vote in Cali failed by almost 30 points. Man, that's some good election rigging they're doing out there...

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:04 pm

sardis wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:25 am Even the military guy in Ukrainian who squealed on Trump about his phone call said Milley was treasonous for doing that.

There was no evidence of Trump attacking China. He bombed less people in his four years than any other president in recent memory. Was he verbally abusive after losing the election? yes, he's a typical New Yorker. I have a couple NY clients who tell me I'm a piece of shit and threaten to leave me every year, but they haven't in 25 years.
It doesn't matter. Nothing will happen to Milley. Nothing will happen for three reasons:
  • any charges brought about by any investigation are purely political
  • the republicans don't have the votes and most importantly
  • the democrats have no integrity
We are talking about democrats in congress who were hoping against hope that someone (anyone) would have assassinated Trump while he was in office. That is where we are at in this country. There is no integrity or principles now. Everything is political. It is that way because Trump was such an excellent President to expose what has happened in Washington DC and (in his efforts to correct it, particularly our immigration law which Federal legislators REFUSE to touch or dignify) he has left nothing but wounded democrats in his wake.

We have been more divided as a country. In 1860, the British were laughing at us with an "I told you so" grin upon their shit eating faces as they knew that formerly British subjects who yearned for a monarchy (we had the Kennedys for our royal family, now we have the Kardashians) proved that they were incapable of self rule. Our 4 year civil war was proof positive of that. We could NOT rule ourselves and we murdered the greatest President in all of history as evidence of that fact. Today? We are not that bad off, but there have been moments. If I was Trump I would have ordered the mayor of Oakland arrested by the Justice Department or the FBI for tipping off Oakland's illegal aliens that ICE was coming for them. But he didn't. He should have. But (with FBI guns drawn and pointed at Oakland police officers with their guns drawn pointed back at the FBI to protect their mayor from arrest) that incident (if Trump had ordered it, as he Constitutionally could have) might have brought us dangerously close to a civil war situation.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:18 pm

hedge wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:31 am So the recall vote in Cali failed by almost 30 points. Man, that's some good election rigging they're doing out there...
Of course. Voter Fraud is par-for-the-course at the moment.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:26 pm

So is rank stupidity, evidently...