Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:07 am

Remember when Mecca called Rat's work and got him in big trouble?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:08 am

or when you convinced people on a UK message board that Crow had beaten his wife and bragged about it...lmao
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:08 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:22 amYou.
Shouldn't you be in Kansas City eating man ass right now?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:54 pm

I don't even know what that means Stu.

It was Onion. Not Metzger. And the call went straight to me. Pissed the fuck out of him.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:03 am

so a UK player, got pinned down and asked about renaming Rupp Arena. He gave an honest answer, said he doesn't know much about Rupp but would like to see the name change just because of all the static surrounding it. Of course that sent some UK fans in a tizzy.

Cal probably thought he had all this behind him with a generalized sugary statement he gave about Rupp a few weeks ago, and then he has to go back and talk about it again while walking the line down the middle as much as he can. This was his response.

-------------------

Big Blue Nation, I know some of you are upset with Keion’s comments regarding Rupp Arena. Let me tell you he’s a very smart person and a very conscientious young man. However you feel about what he said, my hope is you show him the respect that all of our/your players deserve.

My job is to make sure all of our players are educated on all that goes along with Coach Rupp’s name and we are going to walk through that. My plan is to get former players on a Zoom with our current guys so they can ask those players directly about Coach Rupp.

My focus has been on everything going forward, which is why we hadn’t addressed it. As I’ve said before, give these players the benefit of the doubt. If you’re unhappy with anything, be unhappy with me, not a 19-year-old who is walking through these really difficult times. I love you all.

--------------------

whoever cornered this kid and put him in this situation needs to be hit with a bag of doorknobs
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:20 am

It was a legitimate question. Luckily, no one will ever ask that about Dean Smith, as he was on the front lines of the civil rights movement, battling the forces of evil led by Adolph Hitler, I mean Rupp. It's nice having a coach who was on the right side of history...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:42 am

Rupp coached at the school from 1930-72, compiling an 876-190 record and winning four national titles with the Wildcats. He retired as the sports’ most winningest coach at the time, and is undoubtedly one of the best college basketball coaches in history.

He has also been accused of making racist statements and refusing to integrate his team or recruit Black players at all. His all-white team famously lost the national championship game in 1966 to Texas-Western’s all-Black starting five, and made incredibly racist statements during that game, according to Sports Illustrated writer Frank Deford, who was allowed into the locker room at halftime.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kentucky-wildc ... 01846.html

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:45 am

So, what's the new name going to be? Cal's Cathouse? The Pitino Pit? Gillispie's Garage? Tubby's Tittytwister? Guess the only question now is what's going to happen first, the Rupp name change or Trump going to prison?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:11 am

I have no desire to get into it but every thing you have posted has been refuted multiple times
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:26 am

You've never refuted that Tubby was an inveterate titty twister...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:29 am

The biggest problem with Tubby was he was a hard guy to dislike. Lousy coach, generally good human being. It prolonged his coaching era at UK by at least 2 years.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:06 pm

Was Brooks "cornered" into saying this, too?

Brooks, who is a member of the SEC’s Racial Equality and Social Justice Council, is set to enter his second year with the program this year.

And as more and more athletes are speaking out about societal issues, Brooks isn’t going to stay quiet.

“I think people have a difficult time separating the athlete from the sport that they play,” Brooks said, via ESPN. “Just because I go and play basketball … that does not mean I don’t have morals and values and opinions and views on certain things. We have strong views on topics just like the fans do … They just want us to go out there, entertain them for an hour or two and shut up. But that’s not going to work. That’s not how this is.”

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:30 pm

I love Rex Chapman...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:37 pm

The bill as written would allow altercations resulting in a cut, abrasion, bruise, or any other injury no matter how temporary to be subject to a 10-year penalty. My amendment would simply apply a serious bodily injury standard, which would ensure crimes resulting in substantial risk of death and extreme physical pain be prosecuted as a lynching," Paul explained further in a statement from his office later Wednesday.
-------------------
it sounds like a lot of people would be railroaded into a mandatory 10 year sentence - and mandatory sentencing always works out so well for African Americans.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:48 pm

I'm not saying Paul was wrong about his objections to the bill, but I'm delighted that he's shitting on the state of Kentucky in general and UK in particular...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:02 pm

I'm sure you are.

btw, UNC has a 32% positivity rate for Covid-19

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:21 am

And they'll all be fine

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:59 pm

I wonder if anyone who has a kid born during this time will name it Covida if it's a girl.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:24 am

Think about all the people that are in really shitty relationships, may or may not have had a side chick or man - and have been stuck at home with a person they have spent the last 5 years trying to figure out ways to avoid with nowhere to go

I have to believe domestic violence reports and divorce rates are skyrocketing at this point.

My son works at a hotel now and he's learned that men will check into the hotel, then go to the back entrance of the hotel and prop the door open to let their side woman in as to not be seen entering the hotel together, so he fucks with them by going back and locking the door, then watches their frustration on the surveillance camera. (They aren't supposed to keep that door open).

There are only 2 hotels in our town so he has a pretty good bead on all the people having affairs.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:12 am

The CDC has updated the Covid-19 death count.

Of the 156,000 deaths give or take , they now say only 6% of that number died from Covid-19 alone and the remaining 94% died of other contributing causes. That's not to say that Covid-19 didn't contribute in some way to exacerbating their health problems, but regardless of age group, if you have no existing health issues, Covid-19 based on CDC numbers by itself is not a death sentence for most people nor should they really take extraordinary precautions against getting it (not the CDC opinion, but based on their own numbers I think anyone would come to that conclusion)

The total number of people that have died from Covid-19, according to the CDC without existing health complications is less than <10K.

Check out the comorbidities section of their website

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... orbidities