Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Sun May 31, 2020 9:17 pm

I seriously doubt that ANTIFA is going to charge against the national guard when they are prepared to shoot. Weekend warriors or not.

BTW, the guard is carrying live ammo tonight in Minneapolis. Looks like non-lethal got tossed into the garbage this morning.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun May 31, 2020 9:18 pm

Yep. Exactly what Trump wants. War.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun May 31, 2020 10:02 pm

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sun May 31, 2020 10:15 pm

"BTW, the guard is carrying live ammo tonight in Minneapolis. Looks like non-lethal got tossed into the garbage this morning."

I do find it interesting (or something) that you seemed to have a lot of sympathy for Ruby Ridge and Waco and those rancher fuckers who occupied some place in California or Nevada or wherever the fuck it was, and that was all about government oppression, but yet you're ready to fire live ammo into these folks....
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun May 31, 2020 11:24 pm

Tough guy hid in his bunker. Good lord.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:46 am

Yeah, not a good look for the president who criticizes how others handle protests - being led into the WH bunker with a relatively benign crowd making noise outside the gates.

Trump added the "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" to his overlong list of bad takes, but the real head-scratcher was his remark "MAGA loves the black people." Basically a tacit admission that his MAGA - HIS America - does not include the black people.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:50 am

hedge wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:15 pm "BTW, the guard is carrying live ammo tonight in Minneapolis. Looks like non-lethal got tossed into the garbage this morning."

I do find it interesting (or something) that you seemed to have a lot of sympathy for Ruby Ridge and Waco and those rancher fuckers who occupied some place in California or Nevada or wherever the fuck it was, and that was all about government oppression, but yet you're ready to fire live ammo into these folks....
big difference when they come onto your land and abuse you versus when you go out and burn down public buildings and private business because your bored. You're defending people who at best are bored, who at worst want anarchy because they don't like the president or LBGTQ or don't want to pay their student loans. Their idea of oppressed is not being able to afford HBO.

Here is the guy that burned down the Nashville Courthouse. I'm sure he did it because of George Floyd right? He's the kind of guy that will OD on heroin with his 2 year and 8 month old in the car of a walmart parking lot. He isn't oppressed, he is trash. I wish he resisted arrest.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:03 am

New Lincoln Project ad.

"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:12 am

I saw where looters in New York high end shopping districts were arrested - some of them were from out of town, one group with Arizona licenses plates. These people are so oppressed they leave their state to protest for George Floyd and honor him by looting high end shopping boutiques in Soho.

Thats actually now a criminal organization, not protesting.

red dot time.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:25 am

"Here is the guy that burned down the Nashville Courthouse. I'm sure he did it because of George Floyd right? He's the kind of guy that will OD on heroin with his 2 year and 8 month old in the car of a walmart parking lot. He isn't oppressed, he is trash. I wish he resisted arrest."

Good lord.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:41 am

"big difference when they come onto your land and abuse you"

I thought the ranchers occupied public lands (heavily armed) and dared anybody to fuck with them?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:13 am

land they had been grazing on for decades

he didn't decide to show his contempt for oppression by going out an looting the local Brooks Brothers. He just demanded to be allowed to do what his family had been rightfully doing for years.

I'm really lost on why you can't see the difference. Burning down another Americans livelihood 30 or 700 miles from your home because you think you have a cause or standing your ground when the government tries to force you off of it.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:26 am

hedge wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:11 pm "but people breaking into police stations, or city halls or occupied residences or something like that should absolutely be dealt with in severe ways escalating from dispersal, to non-lethal, to lethal if it doesnt stop."

Look man, I'm all for law and order, I've got plenty to lose if the world goes to hell. But you're acting like local police and some half ass national guard squad full of weekend warriors (see First Blood) is going to be able to stop a literal flood of truly pissed off people. Have you ever watched The Walking Dead? Or the last season of Game of Thrones? That's what you could be dealing with, hoards of people that won't stop. And if you kill a few dozen of them in a rage for "law and order", their numbers will then increase exponentially. Rinse and repeat. Yeah, you might get some momentary satisfaction that some scofflaws got what was coming to them, but then you're going to get a flood of people who were activated and weaponized by the very "law and order" response that satisfied you so much. It's in my best interest that people stay calm. I suspect it's in your best interest as well. You start shooting up a bunch of protesters (or rioters or whatever the fuck you want to call them) then things are going to escalate quickly. I'm sure that's in somebody's best interest, but I don't think it's in mine or yours...
I'm not for firing on protests, protestors, or really even on looters or rioters at all ( I just want them prosecuted from criminal activity that can be proven after the fact). I am for using escalating force to protect people from violent mobs when those mobs actually attack and put people in real danger (ie attempting to assault occupied buildings or widespread arson, basically attempting to kill people). I also am not advocating an immediate lethal response either. Your stories about a real life mob resembling the walking dead or an army from game of thrones are a fascinating literal projection of fantasy onto real life though.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:35 am

It's not a projection, it's a metaphor for what I could see happening if the police started mowing people down. I meant it as an illustration of the sheer overwhelming numbers, not that they were mindless zombies...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:41 am

"he didn't decide to show his contempt for oppression by going out an looting the local Brooks Brothers. He just demanded to be allowed to do what his family had been rightfully doing for years."

OK, I will admit I don't know the full details, but I do think there's at least some comparison to a butt-hurt rancher who is pissed b/c maybe some rules changed and he wasn't getting what he evidently felt was his "right" to use public lands (even if that had been something that had been afforded to him in the past) so he brings in a cadre of armed friends (not thugs of course, oh no, not thugs) and occupies (I'll say it again) public land b/c he's not getting his way. I will also say again that I support law and order and that anybody caught doing anything illegal should be arrested and charged and then let the court sort it out. That's what I call law and order, not indiscriminate shooting into a crowd...

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:44 am

Its not a disciplined army, its not zombies, its a mob. They run away not continue attacking. Now if its just you trying to do it on your own out front of your house, yes I dont recommend it. You'll end up like the guy in Dallas with the sword this weekend who Im not sure exactly how he survived.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:44 am

anybody wonder why a person would need an AR with a high capacity clip now?

because this wasn't stopped when it should have been. I think that's an empty threat but defines a clear case for self protection.

The police won't stand up to this crowd and now they are threatening to go out into the suburbs.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:51 am

hedge wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:41 am "he didn't decide to show his contempt for oppression by going out an looting the local Brooks Brothers. He just demanded to be allowed to do what his family had been rightfully doing for years."

OK, I will admit I don't know the full details, but I do think there's at least some comparison to a butt-hurt rancher who is pissed b/c maybe some rules changed and he wasn't getting what he evidently felt was his "right" to use public lands (even if that had been something that had been afforded to him in the past) so he brings in a cadre of armed friends (not thugs of course, oh no, not thugs) and occupies (I'll say it again) public land b/c he's not getting his way. I will also say again that I support law and order and that anybody caught doing anything illegal should be arrested and charged and then let the court sort it out. That's what I call law and order, not indiscriminate shooting into a crowd...
he brought those friends in because the ATF has a history of shooting people - Ruby Ridge, Waco. Everyone who knew about him taking a stand felt that the ATF would shoot him, take his cattle (which they tried and failed ). This confrontation was publicized ahead of time. He didn't bring the fight to them however -utlimately he lost, he went to jail for 2 years and will never be able to make a living in ranching like his family has done for 60 or so years.

But here is what I know - had Clive Bundy been shot in the head, there would have been no rioting, no looting, no attacking innocent business owners, People would have been outraged and they would have reached out to their local officials to drive change in tactics. OR they would have blown up a federal building in Oklahoma City (ok, so one rogue guy) And as you have mentioned, its not like this isn't happening over and over again. From isolated incidents to the more well known ones you have mentioned.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:02 am

"OR they would have blown up a federal building in Oklahoma City (ok, so one rogue guy)"

I have to admit I laughed out loud at that...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:18 am