Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by hedge » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:17 pm

There's no question that Zion is a once in a generation talent and, thanks to LeBron going straight to the league, he's undoubtedly the greatest college player I've ever seen. But Duke was not a great team. Barrett is good, maybe great, but for all the talk about how great Tre Jones and Cam Reddish were, it just wasn't true. As for the rest of them, didn't they have one of their dudes who was supposed to be a 3 point assassin who didn't hit one motherfucking 3 in like 6 weeks?? They weren't frauds and they didn't suck, but they were not a great team, and it's laughable to think they are amongst the greatest college teams of alltime. Duke this year was Zion, that's all they'll be remembered for. And now Zion and Barrett are going to the NBA and won't think about Duke again ever. "Brotherhood." Bullshit...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:19 pm

It's nice to see that the UNC fans have licked their wounds and are finally back now that Duke lost. Except goldie of course. He probably got grounded again.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:20 pm

eCat wrote:
Saint wrote:This dook team was overrated all year. UNC beat them 2 out of 3. Where yat, Cameron Crazy dick suckah?!?

funny because UNC was overrated too
I guess UK was too...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:21 pm

Florida wasn't. They were underrated bitches. It stings less.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:24 pm

I've said it before, a lot of this Duke hype was UK's fault. The ass raping Duke gave them on national TV is what opened the floodgates. If UK had even kept that game respectable Zion would've still been making the highlight reels with his dunks, but nobody would've thought they were invincible as a team. But Duke did ass rape UK on national TV, nobody is ever going to forget that game. Luckily, the rest of the good teams Duke played didn't just bend over and grab their ankles and beg Duke to fuck them in the ass harder, like UK did...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:32 pm

I had already forgotten about that game until just now.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:34 pm

Wait. This ass raping was almost 5 months ago in early November? HEH.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:36 pm

hedge wrote:There's no question that Zion is a once in a generation talent and, thanks to LeBron going straight to the league, he's undoubtedly the greatest college player I've ever seen. But Duke was not a great team. Barrett is good, maybe great, but for all the talk about how great Tre Jones and Cam Reddish were, it just wasn't true. As for the rest of them, didn't they have one of their dudes who was supposed to be a 3 point assassin who didn't hit one motherfucking 3 in like 6 weeks?? They weren't frauds and they didn't suck, but they were not a great team, and it's laughable to think they are amongst the greatest college teams of alltime. Duke this year was Zion, that's all they'll be remembered for. And now Zion and Barrett are going to the NBA and won't think about Duke again ever. "Brotherhood." Bullshit...
Rare cogent point by Hedge. All the Duke players were the same skill set. A team full of forwards.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:49 pm

hedge wrote:
eCat wrote:
Saint wrote:This dook team was overrated all year. UNC beat them 2 out of 3. Where yat, Cameron Crazy dick suckah?!?

funny because UNC was overrated too
I guess UK was too...

we were the 7th best team coming in

we'll leave the 7th best team going out give or take

UNC's whole #1 seed was based on beating Duke without Zion and as the #3 team in the tourney you made it to the sweet 16 and lost to an SEC team
congrats.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:52 pm

UNC was never ranked $1 this season, much less proclaimed the best team in the country by nearly everyone

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:00 pm

Saint wrote:UNC was never ranked $1 this season, much less proclaimed the best team in the country by nearly everyone
nope, no one would ever think that losing by 21 to Louisville at home.
but they were still overrated

This ESPN inspired ACC bias has to stop. Its ruining college basketball
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:11 pm

Won't argue with that point but most of it goes to dook. UK used to be the flavor of the day but then they started losing recruits to dook.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:13 pm

The ACC “bias” isn’t nearly as bad as the SEC bias in football
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:19 pm

We were in for like $100 each on the bracket pool, right?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:21 pm

Crow is paying mine

CameronCrazy
Freshman
College Hoops Affiliation: Duke

Post by CameronCrazy » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:27 pm

DooKSucks wrote:TAK: good to see you

CameronFaggot, where are you now, you cunt bitch?
I'm here, fartknocker. Maybe they didn't teach you reading comprehension at that fake UNC class you took with the UNCheat FB and hoops teams, but like I said regardless of what happened tonight, Duke had success this season that the choking Holes could only envy: ACC Tournament Title (including a win over your boys) and a trophy in the case, making it to the Elite Eight and not getting ass-rammed in the Sweet 16. #1 seed my ass! I wouldn't trade our season for the underachieving-ass team you and your butt buddies Saint and Hedge pull for. Wallow in your deserved misery!

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:31 pm

DooKSucks wrote:The ACC “bias” isn’t nearly as bad as the SEC bias in football
I won't argue the SEC has bias in football. Clemson is changing that.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:36 pm

what Duke has proved is that OAD in college basketball is a farce

If you land the top 3 players and still can't make it to the final four , much less the tournament championship then OAD is no better approach than developing a veteran team by starting off with 3 and 4 star guys and building them up.

UK in 2012 had 2 great OAD players but also had sophomore Doron Lamb and Terrence Jones, along with senior and Kentucky Mr. Basketball Darius Miller

UK in 2015 had an incredible team and still got taken out by a veteran Wisconsin team, paving the way for Duke to pull their horseshit

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:14 pm

Saint wrote:Won't argue with that point but most of it goes to dook. UK used to be the flavor of the day but then they started losing recruits to dook.
I think that last sentence is what's got eCat and the rest of the UK fans so riled. End of the day, neither UNC, UK nor Duke made the FF, much less sniffed an NC this year. Talk all you want about who was "overrated" or over-seeded or whatever, it means literally nothing. We all shit the bed when it counted, 6 months from now (much less 6 years and beyond) nobody is going to remember jackshit about this season except that it wasn't a FF appearance for any of us...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:20 pm

hedge wrote:
Saint wrote:Won't argue with that point but most of it goes to dook. UK used to be the flavor of the day but then they started losing recruits to dook.
I think that last sentence is what's got eCat and the rest of the UK fans so riled. End of the day, neither UNC, UK nor Duke made the FF, much less sniffed an NC this year. Talk all you want about who was "overrated" or over-seeded or whatever, it means literally nothing. We all shit the bed when it counted, 6 months from now (much less 6 years and beyond) nobody is going to remember jackshit about this season except that it wasn't a FF appearance for any of us...
I'm sure envy is part of it

but there was no logic to putting UNC as a #1 seed other than ACC bias. You had identical records to UK, UK beat you in the head to head , and you didn't win the ACC regular season - at least not outright or the ACC tourney. All UNC did was beat Duke twice without Zion in like a 10 day period - that is literally all UNC did.

Couple that with UNC getting a free pass the largest cheating scandal in the history of college basketball and the likelihood that Duke bought Zion and it gets old

especially when its reinforced in the tournament that the ACC is overrated.