hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by hedge » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:25 pm

"But I had to go to class and earn my grades"

In hog husbandry and moonshine manufacturing? Impressive...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:28 pm

Oh, I forgot the cutting edge arts classes offered at UK...

[youtube]QxS2NOxAHUM[/youtube]

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:30 pm

No easy classes at UK, no siree...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:55 pm

At one time any Kentucky high school graduate had to be admitted into the UK college system. I'm not sure of the details but I'm pretty sure that was a state rule/law at least going back to the mid 80's
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Fifer
Junior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Fifer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:58 pm

I remember watching the Soprano's where they got paid for no show jobs on construction sites. Kinda like getting credit for classes that don't exist. I guess the New Jersey mob must have went to UNC too.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:27 am

I have missed Fifer's whatevegfer.
Let 'er Blow!

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:06 am

eCat wrote:At one time any Kentucky high school graduate had to be admitted into the UK college system. I'm not sure of the details but I'm pretty sure that was a state rule/law at least going back to the mid 80's
That could lead to some pretty interesting scenarios

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:46 am

Fifer wrote:
hedge wrote:"It might also help with this idea of a kid who scores a 20 on the ACT getting into Duke/Carolina which is horseshit."

Of course, a kid getting into UK with a 20 on the ACT wouldn't be surprising at all, that's probably just below the average of what they accept anyway...
I got into UK with a 19.
Surprisingly high.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:04 am

eCat wrote:At one time any Kentucky high school graduate had to be admitted into the UK college system. I'm not sure of the details but I'm pretty sure that was a state rule/law at least going back to the mid 80's
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't see how UK could accommodate every backwoods yokel that managed to graduate from high school. Certainly not every one of them would choose to go to UK (or any college), but it seems like there would be enough of them that would that it would overwhelm UK's resources...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:30 am

hedge wrote:
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't see how UK could accommodate every backwoods yokel that managed to graduate from high school. Certainly not every one of them would choose to go to UK (or any college), but it seems like there would be enough of them that would that it would overwhelm UK's resources...

well, you're assuming every backwoods yokel wanted to attend UK and had the ability to do so even if they wanted to.

plus, I think just about every little burg had a community college that was part of the UK system - I really don't think it was any logistical issue back in the 80s given that maybe 20% of Kentucky high school graduates went on to attend a Kentucky college. I bet those college also included Murray, Eastern, Western, Berea, NKU, and Morehead.

Kentucky knew they had an educational hurdle to overcome. They just didn't want to create a system where a kid who wanted to go to a college was going to be denied. They had more than enough future coal miners.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:02 am

"plus, I think just about every little burg had a community college that was part of the UK system"

OK, that makes sense. That was actually pretty forward thinking of the Kentucky legislature...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:24 am

Yesterday the boy asks me if I want to go to Chipotle which is his way of saying "hey, buy me a burrito" but its quality time with him so I always oblige.

We walk in and the girl behind the counter immediately starts chatting him up - cute little blonde thing, at least to my 50 year old eyes. They went to elementary school together, she moved away and came back. She is asking him questions all this time while making his order and he's grunting answers back to her. I was standing behind him and when there was an awkward pause I leaned in and whispered "this is the point where you are supposed to show interest back". So he asks here where she is going to school, whatever, I didn't pay attention after that.

On the way out I'm like dude - clearly this girl is showing you interest, why didn't you show it back? and I figured his response would be that she was a weirdo or whatever, but no, he tells me he's talking to a girl on tinder...like that's a reason to not talk to a cutie who could set you up with free burritos.

He and I are just on different wave lengths.

I'm from the old school - "oh you're paying attention to me? suddenly you have my undivided attention, what can I say to help expedite separating you from your panties"

he's is from the "the more questions you ask me the longer its going to take for you to make my burrito". The boy is singularly focused to say the least.

Fifer
Junior

Post by Fifer » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:21 am

Here's the latest from Loserville, and that's just this week. You got hand it to them. They're the gift that keeps on giving.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/38038811/univ ... mpensation

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Fifer : I got into UK at 19

Me: Oh good, what did you have to do, open the door???
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:15 pm

eCat wrote:Yesterday the boy asks me if I want to go to Chipotle which is his way of saying "hey, buy me a burrito" but its quality time with him so I always oblige.

We walk in and the girl behind the counter immediately starts chatting him up - cute little blonde thing, at least to my 50 year old eyes. They went to elementary school together, she moved away and came back. She is asking him questions all this time while making his order and he's grunting answers back to her. I was standing behind him and when there was an awkward pause I leaned in and whispered "this is the point where you are supposed to show interest back". So he asks here where she is going to school, whatever, I didn't pay attention after that.

On the way out I'm like dude - clearly this girl is showing you interest, why didn't you show it back? and I figured his response would be that she was a weirdo or whatever, but no, he tells me he's talking to a girl on tinder...like that's a reason to not talk to a cutie who could set you up with free burritos.

I'm from the old school - "oh you're paying attention to me? suddenly you have my undivided attention, what can I say to help expedite separating you from your panties"

he's is from the "the more questions you ask me the longer its going to take for you to make my burrito". The boy is singularly focused to say the least.

There were lots of chicks that I didn't have much interest in when I was 20 but I would pretty much fuck any chick under 30 now that I have zero chance at any of them

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:27 pm

Saint wrote:
eCat wrote:Yesterday the boy asks me if I want to go to Chipotle which is his way of saying "hey, buy me a burrito" but its quality time with him so I always oblige.

There were lots of chicks that I didn't have much interest in when I was 20 but I would pretty much fuck any chick under 30 now that I have zero chance at any of them
I think you mean there were a lot of chicks not interested in you.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:34 am

driving this morning just before 8am to the local coffee shop

going thru the neighborhood and a woman backs out of her driveway without looking and even though I'm only going 25, I choose between stomping the brakes are driving around her, I choose driving around her.

just as see wasn't paying attention to me, I wasn't paying attention if anyone was in the other lane. They were....in a Lamborghini

didn't hit him but I ran him off the road into the flat shoulder. Its sounds like a bigger deal than it was - he didn't stop, I didn't stop but I'm sure he puckered for moment.

Who drives a damn lamborghini in my cracker ass neighborhood anyway. If I did hit him and had to turn it in , my insurance companny would like - no...hell no...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:34 pm

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:30 pm

eCat wrote:Ryall's living the dream

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/loo ... ry-tipton/
Ryall's NJT?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:28 am

yep