same-sex marriage in the ACC

Hizzy III
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by Hizzy III » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 am

I'm going to posit a weekly (though, granted, undesired blog of my Houston Texans' frustrations). I've mellowed tremendously with regards to college football fandom over the years, given UF's two titles and UT's unforgettable, against-all-logic-and-hype title in '06, but my NFL experience has been a nightmare. NO TITLES OR PLAYOFF APPEARANCES AT ALL).

Bob McNair (owner of Franchise #32) is a really good guy, but he's a little too patient with Kubiak, and a better coach would've had this roster in the playoffs in 2008 or so (Christ!). This year, however, is particulary inexcusable. You're healthy. You've got the DC that makes sense, and despite the bogus questions about Mario's ability to rush from a so-called "3-4" rush position, your GM has made moves to solidify your roster, and especially on the defensive side.

This team has the ability win either 13 games or 6 games. And that's disgusting.

I shudder to think what Andy Reid, Belichick or even Tom Coughlin would do with this roster.

Goddammnit! God-fucking-damnit! Godddamnit-to-Hell-And-Okahoma!!!!"

And this is the 10th most profitable sports franchise in the world.

Uggggggghhhhhh!!!
My only hope is that Earl Mitchell is diagnosed with some sort of psychological disorder and turns into James Harrison, where he earns abou $25,000 in fines per week but kills at least 40% of the QBs on the Texans' schedule.

Goddamnit!
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Bklyn » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:41 am

Hizzy III wrote:According to ESPN and the NFL Network... yes.

The Eagles still have questions (serious questions) at LB, and their OL is still fairly mediocre in terms of pass-blocking in Andy Reid's pass-first offense. That said, they're in an (IMO) overrated division and I don't think the Packers and Falcons will be as qood as they were last year. The team to worry about, if you're an Eagles fan, is the Saints.

BTW, Jason Babin has had ONE notable year as a pass rusher, and that was last year. He's goddamn 29 years old. He could very well be a one-hit wonder. OTOH, pairing him with Cullen Jenkins may be pure genius. Then again, the Eagles are so underwhelming at the other two DL positions that you never know.

And who the hell are their safeties???
Once we trade Samuel, we'll get at least a little OL help.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Ron Mexico
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Prairie View A&M

Post by Ron Mexico » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:16 am

Hizzy III wrote:I'm going to posit a weekly (though, granted, undesired blog of my Houston Texans' frustrations). I've mellowed tremendously with regards to college football fandom over the years, given UF's two titles and UT's unforgettable, against-all-logic-and-hype title in '06, but my NFL experience has been a nightmare. NO TITLES OR PLAYOFF APPEARANCES AT ALL).

Bob McNair (owner of Franchise #32) is a really good guy, but he's a little too patient with Kubiak, and a better coach would've had this roster in the playoffs in 2008 or so (Christ!). This year, however, is particulary inexcusable. You're healthy. You've got the DC that makes sense, and despite the bogus questions about Mario's ability to rush from a so-called "3-4" rush position, your GM has made moves to solidify your roster, and especially on the defensive side.

This team has the ability win either 13 games or 6 games. And that's disgusting.

I shudder to think what Andy Reid, Belichick or even Tom Coughlin would do with this roster.

Uggggggghhhhhh!!!
My only hope is that Earl Mitchell is diagnosed with some sort of psychological disorder and turns into James Harrison, where he earns abou $25,000 in fines per week but kills at least 40% of the QBs on the Texans' schedule.

Goddamnit!
I don't think you should give up on college ranting until Florida wins a title by actually going undefeated, instead of some controversial scenario when they're just one of a number of one-loss candidates and win the voter beauty pageant routine despite failing to run the table.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:46 pm

Good Lord. Alan Cutler is back on The Bengals Radio Network. Misery loves company. This team sucks.

Fifer
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by Fifer » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:06 pm

eCat wrote:I had Detroit Lions fans making fun of me being a Bengals fan today :(
I will too if you keep it up.

Fifer
Junior

Post by Fifer » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Ron Mexico wrote:
Hizzy III wrote:I'm going to posit a weekly (though, granted, undesired blog of my Houston Texans' frustrations). I've mellowed tremendously with regards to college football fandom over the years, given UF's two titles and UT's unforgettable, against-all-logic-and-hype title in '06, but my NFL experience has been a nightmare. NO TITLES OR PLAYOFF APPEARANCES AT ALL).

Uggggggghhhhhh!!!

Goddamnit!
I don't think you should give up on college ranting until Florida wins a title by actually going undefeated, instead of some controversial scenario when they're just one of a number of one-loss candidates and win the voter beauty pageant routine despite failing to run the table.

College football pre season polls are worth less than what my dog leaves in the back yard. With all the early season mismatches it's October before a real clear picture develops.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:17 pm

It's no wonder Talent quit these boards. Embarrassment is a horrible thing.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... wristbands

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:23 pm

You aren't going to claim those early years Jacksonville playoff appearances?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati

Post by TheBigMook » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:45 pm

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2011/08/ ... ts-for-uc/

The Bearcats have received verbal commitments from Detroit running back Dennis Norfleet, 5-8, 175 pounds, who chose UC over Tennessee, Michigan State and Pitt; and Southfield, Mich., cornerback Leviticus Payne, who chose UC over Iowa. Norfleet joins Florida quarterback Benny Coney, who committed earlier this week, as the top two recruits so far in the class of 2012.

W00T!!!

Leviticus Payne! What a great name for a football player. Especially a defensive player. He will complement Ticonderoga Jones splendidly.
THE OG SSG

eCat
Mr. Pissant
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by eCat » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:17 am

Did you guys catch Deion acceptance speech?

You gotta love the guys that are bigger than life and in the end don't let you down
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:59 am

Deion and Sharpe each gave a great speech. Sabol's video to start was wonderful. If you are a football fan, go to NFL.com to watch it.
My Dad is my hero still.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:19 pm

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:52 pm

I just watched Prime Time's speech...not bad. Two observations:

1. Did I see Isaiah "JR" Rider in the audience during the speech?

2. Deion had a huge flaw, IMO, when speaking about his mother. Her job situation was the motivation that spurred you to go where you ultimately got to? Cool, no harm in that. However, you made it sound as if her job WAS something to be ashamed of, instead of it simply being a catalyst that did not deserve to be a catalyst rooted in shame.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:13 pm

2. Deion had a huge flaw, IMO, when speaking about his mother. Her job situation was the motivation that spurred you to go where you ultimately got to? Cool, no harm in that. However, you made it sound as if her job WAS something to be ashamed of, instead of it simply being a catalyst that did not deserve to be a catalyst rooted in shame.
agreed
My Dad is my hero still.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:15 pm

Didn't she change poop diapers in a hospital?

Ron Mexico
Sophomore

Post by Ron Mexico » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:48 pm

Owlman wrote:
agreed
I had the same thought. Being ashamed of her job as a kid and even using it as motivation in his career is one thing, but looking back he should realize that there's no shame in any job that was an honest living and provided for her family. He may actually realize that at this point but it wasn't clear from the speech, which was otherwise good.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:01 pm

whatever happenned to that cat whose tagpic was a fistfull of cash and he would post his gambling wins on worldcrossing?

i actually followed his advice a couple times, that dude owes me money!
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Ron Mexico
Sophomore

Post by Ron Mexico » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:06 pm

Sporticus. RIP.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:25 pm

That dude was a fake. No one could really be that stupid besides Onion.