Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed May 17, 2017 10:04 pm

bluetick wrote:And now with the news of Bob Mueller as Special Prosecuter - Comey's pal and confidant...hey, I oughta rub one out right now.
Not so fast, my orange and white checkerboard clad friend. Mueller was selected by the KKK member AG Sessions, and he was certainly approved by Putin's puppet, Trump. How could a good fruit come from such a rotten tree?

If Mueller was picked by Sessions and Trump, then doesn't that just prove Mueller is part of the Russian conspiracy to destroy our country's democracy?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Thu May 18, 2017 6:36 am

Professor Tiger wrote:
bluetick wrote:And now with the news of Bob Mueller as Special Prosecuter - Comey's pal and confidant...hey, I oughta rub one out right now.
Not so fast, my orange and white checkerboard clad friend. Mueller was selected by the KKK member AG Sessions, and he was certainly approved by Putin's puppet, Trump. How could a good fruit come from such a rotten tree?

If Mueller was picked by Sessions and Trump, then doesn't that just prove Mueller is part of the Russian conspiracy to destroy our country's democracy?
it only finds that Mueller is corrupt if he doesn't find Trump guilty of anything. Right now they anti's are operating on the assumption he will, which makes him one of the good guys.

From what I've read, if past history is any indication, as special prosecutor, he'll be interested in justifying his own existence, his budget and the livelihood of several people who get involved in an effort to get a jump start on their political career being part of the team that tried to bring down President Trump.

I will surprised if anything happens anytime soon - even though the justice department and the FBI have been working this case for months. In the end he will neither exonerate nor have enough evidence to prosecute Trump.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu May 18, 2017 6:37 am

Comey's remarks during an interview on May 3rd

Comey pushes this image on integrity - that doesn't really jive with his actions in the last 8 months
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu May 18, 2017 7:01 am

[youtube]iYGsadcBiFA[/youtube]

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu May 18, 2017 7:46 am

Professor Tiger wrote:If Mueller was picked by Sessions and Trump, then doesn't that just prove Mueller is part of the Russian conspiracy to destroy our country's democracy?
Even Fox News is saying Rosenstein made the decision and caught the WH and Sessions flat-footed with the announcement. Seems the Deputy AG is still smarting from the Trump team's attempt to scapegoat him over the Comey firing.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu May 18, 2017 8:49 am

Do you really believe that Sessions and Trump weren't behind the Mueller hiring? Wake up, man.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu May 18, 2017 9:03 am

eCat wrote:It only finds that Mueller is corrupt if he doesn't find Trump guilty of anything. Right now they anti's are operating on the assumption he will, which makes him one of the good guys.

From what I've read, if past history is any indication, as special prosecutor, he'll be interested in justifying his own existence, his budget and the livelihood of several people who get involved in an effort to get a jump start on their political career being part of the team that tried to bring down President Trump.

I will surprised if anything happens anytime soon - even though the justice department and the FBI have been working this case for months. In the end he will neither exonerate nor have enough evidence to prosecute Trump.
Correct. Special prosecutors start off looking for evidence of one crime, find nothing there, and therefore start looking for random dirt elsewhere. Ken Starr started out looking at the Clintons' shady real etstate dealings, but wound up revealing that Bill was banging interns in the Oval Office.

Mueller will probably start out looking at the Russian angle, but who knows where it will wind up. And throughout the long process, any random information he finds will be immediately leaked to MSM.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu May 18, 2017 10:05 am

I hope Trump doesn't get impeached over some mamby pamby bullshit that gets blown up to look like he murdered somebody or something like that, i.e., like they did to Bill Clinton. I have enough faith in our system of government to let him run out his 4 years and then let the voters decide. Now then, if he really has done something worthy of impeachment, obviously he should go, but even as dumb as he is, I doubt he'd leave a trail unambiguous enough to get nailed in a way that even his supporters couldn't defend. Then again, maybe he is that dumb and maybe, like he said about shooting somebody on 5th Avenue, there's absolutely nothing he could do that his supporters wouldn't excuse...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Thu May 18, 2017 10:37 am

In a sane world, the obstruction of justice, the violation of the emoluments clause, and the appointment of Flynn while knowingly under federal investigation should be plenty for an impeachment.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu May 18, 2017 10:46 am

I seriously doubt Trump even knew that asking the FBI director to lay off his guy was against the law.

And that's not necessarily an indictment of his ignorance and inexperience. Its more an indictment of just how corrupt Washington is to the extent that a layman (Trump isn't that but you know what I mean) just comes in thinking thats perfectly OK to do because of the history of his predecessors doing it.

I'm tired of Trumps arrogance, I'm tired of the democrats waking up every morning trying to take him down - and I wish both sides would just shut the fuck up for a few months. Schumer is just as much of an egomaniac as Trump. Even Pelosi can't upstage this guy.

But the goal here is to neuter Trump to the extent that he's toxic and nothing gets done due to the threat of impeachment hanging over him.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Thu May 18, 2017 10:49 am

that is, to say the least, an inadequate defense.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu May 18, 2017 10:51 am

Cletus wrote:that is, to say the least, an inadequate defense.
ignorance of the law is never an excuse

buts its a helluva lot better than contempt of the law.

I think if Trump gets impeached to the extent he is no longer president then people are going to go apeshit. Whatever civility is left will be gone because the one guy that came in trying to fix America in the eyes of his voting base got 5 months before he was taken down by the liberals.

It won't end well.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu May 18, 2017 10:56 am

It's not going to end well irregardless...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu May 18, 2017 3:56 pm

So Trump wanted Cronyn for the FBI, who chose to stay in the Senate, then he wanted Jared from Subway fame, but he has to stay in prison. Betsy Devos already has a gig,
so the job is apparently Old Joe Lieberman's. Mother of six.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu May 18, 2017 4:19 pm

"There's two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacker and Trump," said McCarthy (R-CA), according to the recording. There was some laughter heard in the background, and then McCarthy said "swear to God." House Speaker Paul Ryan stepped in at that point to demand secrecy about McCarthy's comment, saying "No leaks...This is how we know we're a real family around here."

GOP "family" over country. Listen to the tape for yourself.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu May 18, 2017 5:06 pm

bluetick wrote:So Trump wanted Cronyn for the FBI, who chose to stay in the Senate, then he wanted Jared from Subway fame, but he has to stay in prison. Betsy Devos already has a gig,
so the job is apparently Old Joe Lieberman's. Mother of six.
I never figured you to be an anti-Semite.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu May 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Seinfeld for FBI Director!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu May 18, 2017 9:42 pm

.... Soup Nazi!

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri May 19, 2017 8:43 am

President Trump complains repeatedly about leaks in Washington. He’s got a bit of distinguished company.

“What I have found appalling is the number of leaks that have taken place over the last several months,” former CIA Director John Brennan said at the SALT conference in Las Vegas, the annual gathering of hedge-fund managers and other financiers. “This needs to be stopped.” Brennan was CIA director during President Obama’s second term, stepping down in January, when Mike Pompeo replaced him.

Brennan said Trump made a “serious mistake” when he reportedly shared sensitive intelligence with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, in an Oval Office meeting in early May. But this mistake wasn’t sharing intelligence; it was violating the protocol for doing so. “I shared intelligence with the Russians when I was the director of the CIA,” Brennan said. “But you share that through intelligence channels, and you make sure you word it in such as way as to not reveal sources and methods. President Trump didn’t do that.”

Brennan said the press coverage of Trump’s impromptu intelligence reveal was “hyperbolic” and possibly more damaging than anything Trump revealed. “The damage that was done is what was leaked in the aftermath, what was put in the media. The real damage to national security is the leaks.” He suggested, without saying so explicitly, that news accounts revealed more sensitive information than Trump did.

“The real damage to national security is the leaks,” Brennan said. “These individuals who still stay within the government and are leaking this stuff to the press need to be brought to task.”

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Fri May 19, 2017 8:45 am

eCat wrote:
Cletus wrote:that is, to say the least, an inadequate defense.
ignorance of the law is never an excuse

buts its a helluva lot better than contempt of the law.

I think if Trump gets impeached to the extent he is no longer president then people are going to go apeshit. Whatever civility is left will be gone because the one guy that came in trying to fix America in the eyes of his voting base got 5 months before he was taken down by the liberals.

It won't end well.
The true working class of America has spoken. We do not give a shit how you identify. We do not give a shit what bathroom you want to use. We do not care about any of these things. What we do care about is when your force someone to build a bathroom at the expense of either the business and/or taxpayers. What we do care about is when you are forcing all these ideas down our throats and telling us you we are racist, ignorant, and bigots for not believing what you believe. What we care about is if we pray to God, you call us dumb but all the while stand up for Muslims in this country. You have women screaming about right and equality while protecting the Muslim religion. Ummm...HUH? I wonder what they would say if someone wanted to marry their 8 year old daughter?

In other words liberals, you can't have it both ways. One thing that everyone should learn, it is about personal responsibility. Be accountable and responsible for your own actions. ANYONE and I mean ANYONE can achieve what ever they want in this country as long as they want to work for it and make it happen. Proof is all around. Just look. But not, liberals will tell you how everyone but white people are being held back.

Go ahead and impeach Trump. See what happens over the next 10 years of elections. You will not be pleased.

Also when these young college kids get out in the REAL world and start living on their own, I believe their attitudes will change once they discover they are no longer the special snowflake they thought. Businesses will demand results and work ethic. There will be no safe zones, warm blankets, and group hugging sessions.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.