Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Can I go back to drinking stoli instead of smirnoff now?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Whichever. My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:20 pm

Why? St. Patrick's Day is over.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:34 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Why? St. Patrick's Day is over.
You used to pick up on movie lines. This trump stuff has you off your game.

[youtube]XyvS0zXsDX4[/youtube]

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:37 pm

Touché.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:35 pm

Trump clearly took a direct hit from Comey regarding the accusation that Obama wire tapped him. You can toss this on the pile of other crazy things Trump said (e.g., Obama's birth certificate, the Hispanic judge, the size of his crowd)

Trump also sustained a glancing blow when Comey confirmed that the FBI was investigating Russian ties to Trump aides. I say "glancing" because we don't know much about the contacts yet. If they turn out to be, "I'll have more flexibility after my reelection," then no big deal. If it's "Go ahead and invade Western Ukraine or the Baltics. We won't stop you" then that's another thing.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:11 pm

Are you really saying that accusing a sitting president (or anybody else, for that matter) of a felony is the same as hyperbole about the size of his crowds?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:39 pm

so now comey admits there was wiretapping of trump towers and some Russians who were there.

Id really like to know if trump was recorded during that 2 year period

if he was you have to wonder if comey and/or Obama both knew what was said and if this where trump got the idea he was tapped

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Trump also sustained a glancing blow when Comey confirmed that the FBI was investigating Russian ties to Trump aides. I say "glancing" because we don't know much about the contacts yet. If they turn out to be, "I'll have more flexibility after my reelection," then no big deal. If it's "Go ahead and invade Western Ukraine or the Baltics. We won't stop you" then that's another thing.
Umm..

allegations that Igor Sechin, the CEO of Russia's state oil company, offered former Trump ally Carter Page and his associates the brokerage of a 19% stake in the company in exchange for lifting US sanctions on Russia

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:33 pm

That's a big problem if Paige took the offer. If not, then it isn't.

Remember - THE RUSSIANS! - gave millions to Secretary Hillary, and she took it. She soonafter gave - THE RUSSIANS! - a big stake of US uranium resources. Nobody on the Left cared at all about that.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:46 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
The Russians gave millions to Secretary Hillary, and she took it.
I must've missed that WND exclusive. Did the article also mention how Russians tried to fuck candidate Hillary out of an election win?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:09 pm

NYT, not WND:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/c ... mpany.html

And if the Russians cost Hillary the election, just how did Putin somehow manage to convince just barely enough blue collar white voters in PA, OH, WI, and MI to switch their vote from Obama in one election but Trump the next? How did Putin magically engineer the election so that Trump won the electoral college while losing the actual vote?

Do you think Putin was sitting behind his big desk in his secret lair underneath a volcano, stroking his kitten and hanging with mini-me when he figured all that out?

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:28 pm

This just in.....tick's an idiot.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:23 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:This just in.....tick's an idiot.
lol "This just in?" You've been calling me an idiot for over ten years, you senile bastage.

Prof, Russians can't afford basic cable so naturally they get slow dial-up internet, therefore they can't possibly be a threat to our great Nation. This has all been in fun - more like a dream, really. You'll wake up tomorrow and there won't have been any investigations or secret meetings or ill-advised presidential tweets. Hell, Mike Flynn will still be NSA Director and he'll join his prez at the next campaign stop, leading "Lock her UP!!" cheers, you bet.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:12 pm

By your lack of refutation to my points, I'll take that to mean that you now understand that 1.) Secretary Clinton really did take millions from the Russians just before she gave them a big share of US uranium. If the Russians are so evil, why did she and Obama do that? And 2.) the idea that the Russians "stole the election from Hillary" is logically absurd.

But I agree that the Russians are a threat to our nation. They have a president-for-life that hates us, has a history of messing with the West, invading his neighbors, and they have a gazillion nukes. That's a threat. A real big one. I think so now, and I thought so back during the Cold War. Welcome to the "Russian leaders are thugs" party. You're a tad late, but welcome nevertheless.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:32 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:By your lack of refutation to my points, I'll take that to mean that you now understand that 1.) Secretary Clinton really did take millions from the Russians just before she gave them a big share of US uranium. If the Russians are so evil, why did she and Obama do that? And 2.) the idea that the Russians "stole the election from Hillary" is logically absurd.
Secretary Clinton did not take millions from the Russians (her husband made a speech and got paid 500k by a Russian bank). SHE did not give away US uranium. And had she done so, she would have been in front of the repub Congress at least 18 times. A fair number, based on the fact she was the subject of 9 real investigations, mostly wrt the searing question of what were the true motivations of a horde of terrorist killers. That you goaded me into pointing out these givens gives you a win of sorts. Well done.
But I agree that the Russians are a threat to our nation. They have a president-for-life that hates us, has a history of messing with the West, invading his neighbors, and they have a gazillion nukes. That's a threat. A real big one. I think so now, and I thought so back during the Cold War. Welcome to the "Russian leaders are thugs" party. You're a tad late, but welcome nevertheless.
How magnanimous of you - the Russians are bad dudes, and have been for a loooong time. Except they've outdone themselves this past year, with the biggest attack on America - ever. As in - EVER. I just don't detect in you any enthusiasm for getting to the bottom of this business as it relates to the election. Trumptards see the meddling as ends justifying the means, but I hoped you were above that.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:51 am

Let the record reflect that I am completely in favor of thoroughly investigating the Russians' meddling in our election. It would be irresponsible not to. Dig deep. Name names. Produce relevant documents. If it finds something of substance, I.e. A quid pro quo between Trump and Putin on US policy, then feel free to impeach Trump with my full and complete blessing.

But if all it turns up is the nonsense I've seen so far, e.g. "A US Senator (Sessions) had a conversation with the Russian ambassador In a room full of people after a speech to the Heritage Foundation," then I will continue to not be impressed. I will only be swayed by proven facts, not wild conspiracy theories such as "The Russians stole the election from Hillary."

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:39 am

More fake news.....

New, brutal details emerged Monday in the alleged rape of a 14-year-old girl at a Maryland high school by two male students, at least one of whom was in the country illegally.

The unidentified student at Rockville High School in Rockville, Md. was violently raped, sodomized and made to perform oral sex in a campus bathroom stall by the two males, according to court records.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:52 am

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:58 am

Was it a sanctuary bathroom? If so, the police may not be allowed to investigate anything the illegal did, and they'll have to let him go.