crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by crotch » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:48 am

eCat wrote:
crotch wrote:If Ulis was playing on any other team except Kentucky, he'd be back for his junior year, but Calipari is pushing him out of the program to satisfy his own ego of puttiing X number of players in the pros each year. Kentucky would be the overwhelming choice to win it all next year if Ulis returns, but Calipari would rather put his 'ego' above another championship banner. Can't wait 'till Cal goes pro himself.

so Cal is pushing the SEC POY, contender for NPOY and the PG who broke John Walls single season assist record to the pro's when he isn't ready?
Not saying he isn't ready, just saying if he was on unc's, kansas's or dooks team, he'd be back for another season. They want banners, not pics on the wall of players in the pros.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:50 am

crotch wrote:Just a reminder of how poor a bench coach Calipari is, how many coaches could have this much talent on their roster and only win 1 National Championship??

Dean Smith and Roy Williams?

I know, I know - you long for the Gillispie or Tubby days right?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 am

Or crotch's god, Izzo...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:27 pm

Doesn't appear to be much of a crowd at the Iowa/Villanova dust-up. On another note, I've gotten alot of texts from folks wanting to go to Philly next weekend. That would be very doable...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:47 pm

crotch wrote:
eCat wrote:
crotch wrote:If Ulis was playing on any other team except Kentucky, he'd be back for his junior year, but Calipari is pushing him out of the program to satisfy his own ego of puttiing X number of players in the pros each year. Kentucky would be the overwhelming choice to win it all next year if Ulis returns, but Calipari would rather put his 'ego' above another championship banner. Can't wait 'till Cal goes pro himself.

so Cal is pushing the SEC POY, contender for NPOY and the PG who broke John Walls single season assist record to the pro's when he isn't ready?
Not saying he isn't ready, just saying if he was on unc's, kansas's or dooks team, he'd be back for another season. They want banners, not pics on the wall of players in the pros.
so you think he should stay and give up a couple of million to get UK a banner- and Cal should make that happen
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:00 pm

Just watch and see if Calipari won't be pushing Willis to declare before the draft........and btw, If you remember correctly, I was the FIRST one at the GP to call for Tubby's ouster long before any of the other UK fan on here that came to their senses and decided that I was correct. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Cal in the near future if he stays advising a few of the student managers to declare... gotta love that ego though, right??

......and I won't even respond to the silly Gillispie mention.
Last edited by crotch on Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:05 pm

crotch wrote:Just watch and see if Calipari won't be pushing Willis to declare before the draft........and btw, If you remember correctly, I was the FIRST one at the GP to call for Tubby's ouster long before any of the other UK fan on here that came to their senses and decided that I was correct.
if Willis becomes a millionaire I'm fine with it.

I think your expectations are a bit high

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:07 pm

Cal pushed Wiltjer out of the program and look what he's done for his team... UK sure could have used his shooting yesterday against UI. A couple of made 3's would be the difference in the outcome.

...and Calipari pushing Dakari Johnson out of the program. He would have been the difference maker this season but Cal was putting all his eggs on Skal. How is Dakari doing in the pros?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:17 pm

I don't think Cal pushed Wiltjer anywhere. He didn't want to sit behind Devon Booker and Trey Lyles

Think what you want, but if you think another coach is going to come in here and recruit like this and get us final fours with regularity - that's a pipe dream.

We are the top program in the nation and you're still not happy with it.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:25 pm

eCat wrote:I don't think Cal pushed Wiltjer anywhere. He didn't want to sit behind Devon Booker and Trey Lyles

Think what you want, but if you think another coach is going to come in here and recruit like this and get us final fours with regularity - that's a pipe dream.

Glad you happy with us winning the recruiting wars..... :mrgreen: That should put a big smile on your face while you're watching Kansas and UNC play in the championship game...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:29 pm

crotch wrote:
eCat wrote:I don't think Cal pushed Wiltjer anywhere. He didn't want to sit behind Devon Booker and Trey Lyles

Glad you happy with us winning the recruiting wars..... :mrgreen:
I guess 2012 didn't happen.

How many titles did Pitino have at Kentucky in that amount of time? Tubby? Joe Hall?

you're arguing that another coach could do more with less and we should replace Cal with who? Shaka Smart? Brad Stephens? Greg Marshall?

Where were Kansas and UNC last year?

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:15 pm

UK isn't the top program. Kansas and Duke can lay claim to that as well

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:23 pm

Saint wrote:UK isn't the top program. Kansas and Duke can lay claim to that as well
as long as we can agree UNC can't

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:51 pm

"and btw, If you remember correctly, I was the FIRST one at the GP to call for Tubby's ouster long before any of the other UK fan on here that came to their senses and decided that I was correct. "

In fairness, you've called for the ouster of every coach not named Izzo. Which is kinda odd, if you look at how many NC"s Izzo has won...

Bluecat
Sophomore
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bluecat » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:25 pm

It's not his "ego", Crotch. It's his recruiting strategy. It's how he gets top 10 recruits to come to Lexington - the promise of changing the family's generational poverty as quickly as possible. And it works. If you think they are coming for the campus, the school or the fan support you are delusional. Today's recruit doesn't give a shit about any of that. When Cal leaves, the influx of talent to Lexington goes with him. And then you can bitch about that.

He definitely is lacking in the bench strategy department - but I think the solution to that is getting a better top assistant. Payne and Robic aren't Antigua and Strickland. But bitching about Cal and wishing for a new coach is ridiculous. The greatest runs in UK history are:
Rupp from '48-'51 (3 NCs) and we live in a far, far different world.
Pitino/Tubby from '92-'99 (4 FFs, 2 NCs, 1 Runner-Up, 7 Elite Eights)
and Cal's current run '10-'16 (4 FFs, 1 NC, 1 Runner-up, 5 Elite Eights).

But you can't wait for that to end, huh?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:29 pm

A refreshing breath of truth from Blue. As much as Dean (and to a lesser extent, Roy) have been criticized for "doing less with more", the fact remains that it takes a lot of factors to win an NC. Sure, Dean should've won more. Hell, maybe Roy should've won more. But that's one of the many things that makes college hoops great.

UK was a stone cold lock to win it all (and go undefeated) last year, and yet they lost to Wisconsin in the FF. It would take two hands to count the times I've thought Carolina was going to win the NC and came up short. But that's college hoops. And that's why Carolina fans (and, as UK fans are learning now) cherish FF appearances so much.

Yeah, you always want to win it all, but "just" getting to the FF is a major accomplishment. And Cal has done that since he's been at UK. Yeah, there are going to be the Crotch's in the fan base that won't be satisfied with anything less than an NC, but as Blue said, it's not the 1940's anymore, or, for that matter, the early 70's (all praise to Wooden irregardless).

UK fans are going to look back on the Cal era as one of the greatest ever, even if he only wins one more NC. Or hell, even if he doesn't. Having a FF caliber team pretty much every year, year in and year out? Any college hoops fan would give their left nut for that. Or, in Rat's case, his third nut...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:33 pm

That "refreshing breath of true from Blue" wasn't a swipe at Blue, as if he is an inveterate liar (although he is an active cuckholder), just an huzzah for his post...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:43 pm

The odds tracker graph for this SF Austin game is the best yet...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:50 pm

Fuck Notre Dame, goddamn fuckers..

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:52 pm

I think ginger chin strap made himself some money, though...