Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:14 pm

Is it too late for me to join the bracket pool?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

CameronCrazy
Freshman
College Hoops Affiliation: Duke

Post by CameronCrazy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:18 pm

The Anti k* wrote:Welp, the TV execs got EXACTLY what they wanted...

1. All of a sudden, christian laettner is EVERYWHERE. From an ESPN 30 for 30 feature, to commercials with three NBA Hall of Famers (Doc, Shaq, and Glide). Which one does not belong here, indeed.

2. The NCAA selection committee figured it didn't matter how tough they made Kentucky's side of the bracket, as they were a shoe-in for the Final Four. But dook*? Let's see, the toughest team on their half of the bracket was...umm...er...WHO?! There was NOBODY worth a k*rzyt on that entire side of the draw.

3. So how do they go about ensuring their Dream Final Four? Give dook* an easy bracket, then set up a pathetic Eastern Regional, where their favorite blue-collar underdog, Tom Izzo, could be k*rzytler's foil once again in the Semifinals. On the other side? Set up a super power showdown with Kentucky and either Wisconsin or Arizona.

And now, we'll be force fed a steady diet of the laettner shot from 1992...the 1998 Kentucky 17 point comeback vs. dook* to get their revenge...and Soviet era grainy footage of the 1978 NCAA Finals. So CBS is guaranteed one of the following outcomes now (from least to most preferred):

• Wisconsin plays giant killer and takes down both Kentucky and dook*

• Izzo shocks the world and takes down dook* and Kentucky to become their new Valvano/Massimino

• Kentucky completes their Undefeated National Championship season with an epic final over dook*

• k*rzytler takes down the unbeatable Kentucky squad, just like he did UNLV in 1991 to get a ring for his thumb

I wish I'd gone to meet my maker after the 2009 Title. NOTHING has gone my way since.
You're looking at this all wrong my little shithead. All of this is a good thing. Pinheads like you are destined to wallow in misery as you watch your archrival program eclipse your Tar Holes. Embrace your misery, boy!

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by eCat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:21 pm

Saint wrote:Duke can't and won't beat Kentucky. I'd like to think Wisconsin could and would, since they're by far the most palatable choice left. I've come to hate Izzo and Mich. State. They're like the stinky little turd that just won't flush down the bowl, forever hanging around when they're not wanted. Except of course, when UNC plays them because then they get beaten like a drum without fail.
The game everyone wanted at the start of the season was UK /Duke - then Virginia eclipsed Duke for awhile.

I think UK can hang with Duke. Wisconsin just makes me sick. They are going to be playing out their ass against us to take us down after last year.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

The Anti k*
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by The Anti k* » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:45 pm

Fuck you, k*aMORON k*rASSHOLE.

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:13 am

eCat wrote:
Saint wrote:Duke can't and won't beat Kentucky. I'd like to think Wisconsin could and would, since they're by far the most palatable choice left. I've come to hate Izzo and Mich. State. They're like the stinky little turd that just won't flush down the bowl, forever hanging around when they're not wanted. Except of course, when UNC plays them because then they get beaten like a drum without fail.
The game everyone wanted at the start of the season was UK /Duke - then Virginia eclipsed Duke for awhile.

I think UK can hang with Duke. Wisconsin just makes me sick. They are going to be playing out their ass against us to take us down after last year.
Shut the fuck up, lowballer. "UK can hang with Duke." UK will beat Duke senseless. Wiscy might make UK work if the game was during the regular season. This one will be ultra-hyped all week long and half the country will believe that those big, white drips have the formula but they will be battered by the athleticism of those Kentucky bigs. And if it does get close, those little Harrison fucks will not miss at the end. They might be little shits and they might not last 2 years in the NBA but they have shown to be pretty damn good at the end of games in March and April.

I've come to the point where I don't care if UK wins it all and goes unbeaten. To be honest, I don't care if Duke wins it all. None of it will change my life anyway and I'm too old and jaded to believe in fan rivalries anymore. I do think that Calipari should rightfully get credit for not only landing the top talent for 5 straight years but managing to win it all without losing a game. But I don't think this will validate him as an exceptional coach. I don't know that just anyone could win with the talent he's had and coaching at one of the top destinations in the country in any sport, but more coaches than not could pull it off. The year he guides a so-so team into the FF will make me change my mind but that will never happen. As soon as he can't get the top talent to Lexington, he'll be gone to the NBA.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:11 am

I have all my final four left in the bracket and am in 99.3 percentile in our work's espn contest. We have about 60 entrants and I was first after the first weekend and am first again this morning. Problem is, with the point system the way it is, I still have to win all three remainng games to win it all. My other problem is I have Michigan State making it to the finals and losing to Kentucky. After watching Duke, I don't think Izzo's tournament magic is enough to beat them.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:05 am

revenge from last year does not work
just ask arizona

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:06 am

Hard to think that MSU could win this thing, it would be an upset on par with NCState in '83 and Villanova in '85. Of the other three teams left, I don't think it would be considered even a slight upset if any of them won it all. UK has all the hype, and they are indeed a very good squad, but if they lose to either Wisconsin or Dook, I don't think it will be considered an upset. They are both very good teams capable of beating UK. Obviously the best outcome for UNC fans is Wisconsin winning it all...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:16 am

Correction: I only got 3 out of 4 thanks to onion jinxing his team, but, fortunately, no one in our group picked all four.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:10 am

Who is the "Winning Picks" bracket in the goat pen pool?

Scenarios:
Winning Picks wins with UK over Duke, or winning a score tiebreaker with the result of any UK/MSU final.
Spacer wins if Wisconsin wins the title.
Crash wins with a Michigan State victory over Wisconsin
I will win if Duke wins the title.
eCat must get a MSU/UK final and win a tiebreaker over winning picks on the score of that game.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:11 am

Is it too late for me to join?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:12 am

The fact that crash's bracket is still capable of winning is fucking amazing to me.

https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/701108
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:26 am

Me too. Something about crash and winning seems unnatural. Bet the debil is involved.
— Abraham Lincoln

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:37 am

Damn. I'm in third? Just Saturday I only ahead of Blue and you never want him to be right behind you.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:26 am

Gary Parrish reporting the Bama AD is meeting with Greg Marshall this afternoon.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

SnoodGator
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida

Post by SnoodGator » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:57 am

I have the Winning Picks.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:04 pm

As amazed as I'd be if Marshall decided to take the Alabama job, I'd be even more amazed that he wouldn't go to Texas over Alabama.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:12 pm

I just saw that Jack Haley died a couple weeks ago. So Dennis Rodman lasted longer. Surprising.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:33 pm

hedge wrote:I haven't seen many UK games this year. I know they are loaded with a lot of raw talent, but I have to agree with goldie that the Anthony Davis UK team would beat these guys (I doubt by 20, but still). Or maybe this will be the wake up call they needed and they will now run Whiskey and Dook out of the gym and nobody will remember the Notre Dame game. Also have to agree with Stu, Cal looked like he was about to shit his pants for much of the second half...
2012 UNC (with Marshall) or UK would beat this team by 5-10. 2009 UNC would be all three squads by 10-15.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:36 pm

CameronCrazy wrote:
The Anti k* wrote:Welp, the TV execs got EXACTLY what they wanted...

1. All of a sudden, christian laettner is EVERYWHERE. From an ESPN 30 for 30 feature, to commercials with three NBA Hall of Famers (Doc, Shaq, and Glide). Which one does not belong here, indeed.

2. The NCAA selection committee figured it didn't matter how tough they made Kentucky's side of the bracket, as they were a shoe-in for the Final Four. But dook*? Let's see, the toughest team on their half of the bracket was...umm...er...WHO?! There was NOBODY worth a k*rzyt on that entire side of the draw.

3. So how do they go about ensuring their Dream Final Four? Give dook* an easy bracket, then set up a pathetic Eastern Regional, where their favorite blue-collar underdog, Tom Izzo, could be k*rzytler's foil once again in the Semifinals. On the other side? Set up a super power showdown with Kentucky and either Wisconsin or Arizona.

And now, we'll be force fed a steady diet of the laettner shot from 1992...the 1998 Kentucky 17 point comeback vs. dook* to get their revenge...and Soviet era grainy footage of the 1978 NCAA Finals. So CBS is guaranteed one of the following outcomes now (from least to most preferred):

• Wisconsin plays giant killer and takes down both Kentucky and dook*

• Izzo shocks the world and takes down dook* and Kentucky to become their new Valvano/Massimino

• Kentucky completes their Undefeated National Championship season with an epic final over dook*

• k*rzytler takes down the unbeatable Kentucky squad, just like he did UNLV in 1991 to get a ring for his thumb

I wish I'd gone to meet my maker after the 2009 Title. NOTHING has gone my way since.
You're looking at this all wrong my little shithead. All of this is a good thing. Pinheads like you are destined to wallow in misery as you watch your archrival program eclipse your Tar Holes. Embrace your misery, boy!
STFU, you Star Trek loving buffoon. Shouldn't you be off mewling in a corner as my sister barks orders at you? I hope you're packing everything correctly, because, if you don't, she will make you do it again to her satisfaction, but you already know that since she emasculated you twelve years ago.

See you next week!
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.