My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:08 am

When I saw the letter when I came home from work," Andy said, describing the large red wording on the envelope from his insurance carrier, "(it said) 'your action required, benefit changes, act now.' Of course I opened it immediately."

It had stunning news. Insurance for the Mangiones and their two boys,which they bought on the individual market, was going to almost triple in 2014 --- from $333 a month to $965.

The insurance carrier made it clear the increase was in order to be compliant with the new health care law.

"This isn't a Cadillac plan, this isn't even a silver plan," Mangione said, referring to higher levels of coverage under ObamaCare.

"This is a high deductible plan where I'm assuming a lot of risk for my health insurance for my family. And nothing has changed, our boys are healthy-- they're young --my wife is healthy. I'm healthy, nothing in our medical history has changed to warrant a tripling of our premiums.

"Well I'm the one that does the budget,” said his wife. "Eventually I've got that coming down the pike that I gotta figure out what we're gonna cut what we're gonna do, to afford a $1,000 a month premium."

Their insurance company, Humana, declined to comment, but the notice to the Mangiones carried this paragraph:

" If your policy premium increased, you should know this isn't unique to Humana -- premium increases generally will occur industry-wide.

"Increases aren't based on your individual claims or changes in health status," it continued. "Many other factors go in to your premium including: ACA compliance, including the addition of new essential health benefits."

ACA, of course, is the abbreviation for the President's new law, the Affordable Care Act -- which for the Mangiones will be anything but affordable because the law adds a new tax on every insurance policy and requires a list of additional benefits the Mangiones didn’t want to pay for.

Robert Zirkelbach, spokesman for American Health Insurance Plans, which represents insurers,explained that "for people who currently choose to purchase a high deductible, low premium policy that's more affordable for them, they are now being required to add all these new benefits to their policy.

---------------------------------------------------------------

You're going to hear many, many more stories like this from the people that are insured. Its going to be a tipping point.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:05 am

Absolutely. And by design. People will be demanding Single-Payer.

Savvy move.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:08 am

AlabamAlum wrote:Absolutely. And by design. People will be demanding Single-Payer.

Savvy move.

especially when the fine to opt out is tripled.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:39 am

Yep.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

BAMAFEVER
Recruit

Post by BAMAFEVER » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:19 pm

AA, since you work in the healthcare industry, what happens when someone shows up at the emergency room with an illness that doesn't have insurance because they decided to pay the fine rather than their tripled insurance premiums? Will they be seen like before ObamaCare or turned away?

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:04 pm

They will be seen.
— Abraham Lincoln

BAMAFEVER
Recruit

Post by BAMAFEVER » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:24 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:They will be seen.
OK, who pays?

I just want to understand what the ACA fixed about the uninsured because it definitely hasn't saved anyone $2500 annually on premiums that I'm aware of.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Before, hospitals were given money from the feds (called uncompensated care dollars). This was to offset the cost. If these patients have assets, then there is no difference then pre-ACA. The hospital will go after their assets (the number one reason for personal bankruptcy is supposedly health care costs). But for those with limited assets, there will be a problem for the hospitals. These are the people who would have qualified under the ACA at 133% of poverty line that the ACA expanded medicaid to cover. States that refuse this money (up to 50 billion for Texas for example) will also lose the UC dollars.

Under EMTALA, these patients have to be stabilized. The hospitals in those states will either eat the costs or pass the costs off to the insured in those areas.
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:00 am

AlabamAlum wrote:Yep.
I think this is going to be the biggest political blunder in history of the United States - They've failed to deliver on what they've promised and its turning out they've really only hurt the people that didn't need help in the first place - the working class. There is still going to be a mass of people without healthcare who have been relegated to part time, or whose employers have opted to pay a fine than to provide insurance.

This is going to virtually guarantee a republican president in 2016 and it will put serious wind in the sails of Cruz, Paul and Rubio to be that president.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:48 am

I think it will just increase the "demand" for universal health care. Each side will blame the other for the negative impact of the build-up and intermediate implementation.
— Abraham Lincoln

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:13 am

AlabamAlum wrote:I think it will just increase the "demand" for universal health care. Each side will blame the other for the negative impact of the build-up and intermediate implementation.

if there is demand , its because the available health care paths of 2012 were taken away by either cost increases , providers opting out or insurers bailing.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:15 am

Holloway isn't quite as honorable in his intentions as it appears

The plot thickens in the story of ex-New England Patriots player Brian Holloway ... who went ballistic after his New York home was trashed by a horde of rowdy, drunken teen vandals. Turns out the house was already in disrepair and in FORECLOSURE, and his neighbors smell a rat.

TMZ has learned ... Holloway owes a whopping $1,006,348.80 on the house ... it appears he was delinquent on paying his mortgage and the bank then demanded payment of the entire balance.

Brian hasn't lived in the home for a long time -- he's in Florida -- and neighbors tell us they thought the house was abandoned. In fact, before the blow-out bash, neighbors say kids staged a number of parties in the house -- which has no furniture.

Neighbors think the kids who Brian is now attacking are getting a bad rap. They say there was already plenty of damage to the home before the party in question -- broken doors and damaged floors. And ... there was plenty of preexisting graffiti covering the walls.

Some neighbors are suspicious of Brian's motive in requesting financial help to pay for repairs on his PayPal account. They think he's trying to create sympathy so money floods in and he can save his house.

As for Brian ... he tells TMZ there was some preexisting damage, but the 300 hooligans really trashed his crib. He also says he's been trying to renegotiate with the bank for 2 years.

The clock is ticking -- the foreclosure sale is set for Oct. 29.

He also fucks up a Fox News interview

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/sep ... weird.html

I remember looking at the pics of the grafiti and thinking those kids must have stayed there all day , and who thinks to bring multiple cans of spray paint to a party?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:23 am

Forbes article - 99% increase for young males for insurance premiums. North Carolina could see 4X increase in policies

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapotheca ... r=yahootix

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:01 am

I don't see it becoming a political blunder because the consequences of this are a few years down the road, but it will be a budget buster just like medicare is now.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:05 am

sardis wrote:I don't see it becoming a political blunder because the consequences of this are a few years down the road, but it will be a budget buster just like medicare is now.

I think the consequences of this are happening right now. Imagine how the economy is going to react to the working class Americans seeing an additional hit of $200 - $800 a month going to insurance premiums.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:41 am

eCat wrote:
I think this is going to be the biggest political blunder in history of the United States - They've failed to deliver on what they've promised and its turning out they've really only hurt the people that didn't need help in the first place - the working class. There is still going to be a mass of people without healthcare who have been relegated to part time, or whose employers have opted to pay a fine than to provide insurance.

This is going to virtually guarantee a republican president in 2016 and it will put serious wind in the sails of Cruz, Paul and Rubio to be that president.
I'll send you a $200 check if Cruz, Paul or Rubio make it to the White House. I'll double it if Cruz does, as a matter of fact.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:51 am

Even if they go as guests?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:56 am

Fucking loopholes!

No. Closed. Gotta be POTUS.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Bklyn wrote:
eCat wrote:

I'll send you a $200 check if Cruz, Paul or Rubio make it to the White House. I'll double it if Cruz does, as a matter of fact.

I didn't say they would win, but I think the dynamics will change among the GOP. Before it was the libertarians that kept a Rino from winning (in the eyes of the GOP). Now the roles will be reversed