Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Fifer
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Fifer » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:45 am

I spoke at length last evening with a friend who is a funeral director. He said that hospitals receive $ 35,000 from the Federal government for every Covid patient, for cleaning and testing. He said they are tacking on covid to nearly every dead body they get. Including drug ODs, cancer, very elderly people in hospice, dementia patients, even accidents. People that are going to die anyway. He said the death numbers being reported are wildly inflated. It's a very rare case where someone dies from COvid 19 alone without serious underlying conditions.

Tree
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Tree » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:41 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:11 am you think the GOP is horrible in providing rights while at the same time demand they manage your health care
Hell no I don't want the GOP anywhere near my healthcare. DNC either for that matter. That may sound contradictory on the surface because of how powerful the two parties are, but ask yourself who is the better choice to run it, a non-political government agency or cutthroat corporate sociopaths looking to squeeze out every bit of profit possible.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:54 pm

"a non-political government agency"

there is the flaw in your thinking

The FCC, HUD, CDC, SEC, VA, EPA - all supposed to be non political, yet politicians control their money and who is assigned to run them.

and you think turning over a trillion dollar a year industry to be regulated and served the government is going to help people.

Think about this - take the existing private health care industry out of the picture - the for profit, capitalism to the hilt health care industry and then think about how well Medicare and Medicaid would be run. Its like saying the free lunch program works so well the government should be responsible for feeding everyone.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:57 pm

Looks like Louisville is expecting the policemen that shot Breonna Taylor to be exonerated. While I think its a tragedy, it may very well be a situation where the police executed a no knock warrant, a shot was fired and the police shot back which on the surface would be pretty standard procedure, and Breonna was a casualty of her boyfriend shooting a gun (and I'm not saying he wasn't justified in the shooting the gun).

At any rate, they, the powers to be , think Louisville is going to get sporty very soon. Even the liberal governor has said he isn't going to tolerate any bullshit and will have the National Guard ready.

Hell, I think they should be there somewhere downtown ready to be deployed (maybe they are for all I know)
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:35 pm

I read someone else say a cop was fired and fined $15K but no jail - wanton endangerment

I'd hate to own a footlocker in Louisville tonight.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:18 pm

Fifer
Junior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Fifer » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:43 pm

Maybe they'll burn down U of Loserville. No great loss.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:17 pm

"I spoke at length last evening with a friend who is a funeral director."

I wish it had been your fambly speaking to him about arrangements for you...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:41 pm

Why are people still rioting? Why not just find the cop who fired all those shots and lynch him? And by lynch him, I mean literally pull him apart. Then all the problems would be solved.

If it had been my kid who was killed by that dumbass, he'd be trying to claw his way out of a box 6 feet under the ground right now with stumps for arms.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:47 pm

at least 2 cops shot in Louisville, possible a 3rd and it isn't 10pm yet.

goddamn, when are we going to start mowing these motherfuckers down?

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:51 pm

You mean the rioters or the cops that illegally shoot citizens in their homes? I could do both.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:55 pm

actually that narrative has changed

we were told it was a no knock warrant,it wasn't - they knocked, independent witnesses confirm it, Breonna Taylor was on the warrant, she was managing her ex-bf's drug money while he was in jail - and when they entered the apartment they (the police) were fired upon, and what world do any of us live in where you get served a warrant , fire a gun and you don't get shot by police?

so, at the moment, its rioters who showed up today with shields, clubs and batons before the verdict was announced - and had every intention of inflicting harm on people tonight.

society doesn't need these people.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:58 pm

What world do any of us live in where people break down the door of your home in the middle of the night and you're not allowed to defend yourselves? She was on the warrant because of police incompetence. There were no drugs found in her home.

Like I said, if that was my kid who was shot, the one who did it would be suffering horribly for as long as I could make him suffer, whether he was wearing a badge or not. Believe that.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:00 pm

and the problem is, even knowing these facts about Breonna and the Louisville police, and even with the city of Louisville paying her family $12m - people still want to kill cops and burn the city down.

these people rioting aren't interested in justice, they want anarchy, they want destruction,death and the system that everyone relies on for stability and safety to be torn down.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:01 pm

Saint wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:58 pm What world do any of us live in where people break down the door of your home in the middle of the night and you're not allowed to defend yourselves? She was on the warrant because of police incompetence. There were no drugs found in her home.

Like I said, if that was my kid who was shot, the one who did it would be suffering horribly for as long as I could make him suffer, whether he was wearing a badge or not. Believe that.
lets hope your kid never manages drug dealer money and hangs out with a violent offender who has a warrant out for their arrest

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:07 pm

He wouldn't have to if cops are randomly firing their weapons like Hankson did. That's why they charged him. I guess you've changed your stance on Ruby Ridge now?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:16 pm

whats Ruby Ridge got to do with it?

a sniper at 300 yards shooting a man running for cover is a different situation than entering into an apartment and taking fire from a man in bed with a woman next to him.

The wanton endangerment is due to him spraying the room. But it doesn't change the fact that they legally served a warrant and took fire.

You think they shouldn't serve a warrant? or that they should just accept that getting shot at is part of the job and keep their guns holstered?

Look, I was all on the Breonna Taylor , no knock warrant band wagon until I heard the facts - facts that weren't being reported in the media.

Lets say a guy was going to get pulled over and he has a parole violation,he decides he isn't going back to jail, and he drives at excessive speed from the police ,they give chase, he loses control and runs over a couple sitting outside at a local cafe, killing them both.

Are the cops to blame for chasing the guy?

So why isn't anyone blaming Breonna Taylor's bf for firing on police when they *legally* entered his apartment serving a warrant? He endangered the lives of police and everyone with him.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:22 pm

Her boyfriend was the one firing back at the cops who busted through the door while they were asleep.

They had the wrong apartment. Period. They fucked up and killed an innocent lady by mistake. There's no justification for it and the cop who started shooting indiscriminately has to go. I'm sick of the rioting too but of all the instances of cops killing black people in the last 5 years, this is the most indefensible. Like I said, if that happened to my kid (and it could happen to anyone's kid if cops are that incompetent), I would probably not only torture and kill the cop who did it, I would kill his family, too.

But at least they hit the Louisville taxpayers with a hefty bill for their incompetence. That will do more to get police behavior in line than anything else.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:26 pm

Cops will make a full recovery and things are currently quiet in Louisville.

Meanwhile, President Idi Amin Trump says "get rid of the ballots" and made it perfectly clear he won't leave the WH. It's on.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:32 pm

Trump knows better than that. Just another smokescreen probably to hide his latest malfeasance.

Whichever way this election goes, the next 4 years are probably going to suck for most of us.