Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:27 pm

Um. Maybe he could tell the truth for once?

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:31 pm

the truth is the corona virus has been in the United States for weeks before we knew it, its probably wide spread with thousands of cases not being reported, it has a 15% mortality rate for people in their 80's or older and mass gatherings of people will cause it to likely spread among families with elderly in that situation, and short of common sense hygiene and self isolation , there isn't much that can be done about it short term.

Now if Trump says that the markets will tank even further.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:32 pm

As has been noted before, I hate Trump's guts mostly because the lazy fatass drives his cart onto the greens. So if a couple million have to die in order to get him out of the WH, I'm cool with that.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:34 pm

In the immortal words of the late not-so-great The Talent: "Go terrorists!!!"

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:38 pm

Obviously the Democrats wanted this, because its a hit to Trump's campaign messaging. That said, neither they nor Trump have any kind of impact on this. The economy is fucked, all entertainment related and big event related business is going to go in the shitter. Tourism, hotels, airlines, are all going to have an off year, on top of whatever supply chain related hit for manufacturing. The only thing the US government could have done to stop this was to truly shut down the borders (which is illegal anyway, allegedly) back in like early January. The economy would still be fucked then, but for slightly different reasons.

It is "hilarious" to see the same Karen's on twitter railing on the lax border security/screening for sick people, who were retweeting about any number of other outrageous fake news like Iranians getting stopped at airports or whatever when they claimed we were on the brink of war with Iran.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:58 pm

I don't think that's true at all, but irregardless, what difference does it make what democrats purportedly wanted or not? Unless you're suggesting that somehow all "democrats" somehow got together and released a previously unknown virus onto the world...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:33 pm

"Fake news"
"Democrat hoax"
"Flu kills people?"
"People go on to work...and they get better."
"Doctors ask me why I know so much about this stuff...really."

Hey, how's everybody's 200.5k doing?

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:51 pm

hedge wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:58 pm I don't think that's true at all, but irregardless, what difference does it make what democrats purportedly wanted or not? Unless you're suggesting that somehow all "democrats" somehow got together and released a previously unknown virus onto the world...
While most people are rational, the fanatics that make up vast swathes of political commentary and media are not. There are many who are happy this is happening.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:25 pm

While most people are rational, the fanatics that make up vast swathes of political commentary and media are not. There are many who are happy this is happening.
Let's refer to these as idiots... and a few reside right here at TGP

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:39 pm

Yes, there are idiots out there like this looney woman..

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:47 pm

Cheeto is doomed. His lack of knowledge, his arrogance about most everything is finally coming back to bite him in his shriveled ass. Yes unfortunately now it's between two old fart crotches for the dems but hey, at least it's an improvement over this moron.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:48 pm

Down 2k. Amazing

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:25 pm

He's still harping on Obama. 3+ years later.

"The Obama/Biden Administration is the most corrupt Administration in the history of our Country!" Trump, one of three presidents ever to be impeached, said.

Fucking clown

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:21 pm

I don't want people to die from corona virus just b/c it would make Trump look bad, but I would LMAO if Trump came down with it and died...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:43 pm

Average age is 81?

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:20 pm

.....just in case you Trump bashing liberal Obummer loving misfits forgot

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:30 pm

I've got a neighbor - also an alderman - who recently proposed a bill to make every member of our burg a gun owner. Mandatory - even for minors.

If that CA bill somehow passes, get back to us. Then I'll regale you with some crazy shit that has been written into law in my very red home state.
I am proud that the city of Kennesaw, in great state of Georgia, and about ten minutes from my house, has had a mandatory gun ownership law for years:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

Try to keep up, Tennessee.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:40 pm

I could live without Trump going to his golf course or going on twitter posting a pic of him playing a violin

His base won't hold him responsible for the stock market but I believe there is a limit to their tolerance

but really, it would take alot more blatant arrogance on his part ....ALOT more to make be lose interest in voting for him over Biden or Sanders
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:22 pm

hedge wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:40 am Probably not much, at least in the short term, but I think it's pretty obvious that the market has zero confidence in this clown's ability to understand what's going on, much less take the necessary steps to calm the fears of the general population. In fact, just the opposite. Stupidity of his kind will always find a way to make bad situation worse, and it seems the market agrees...
I know it’s liberal dogma that:

1. Everything bad in the world that is, by definition, Trump’s fault.

2. The more bad it is, the more it’s Trump’s fault.

3. Everything good in the world is either not really happening, or Trump didn’t do it. Obama did it it.

But please allow me to pour a little reality therapy into the volcano of Trump Derangement Syndrome, which is still erupting these days.

Wall Street freaked out today, not because of the coronavirus, but because of a three-way petro-economic war, started by the Saudis. Remember them? They used to be the world’s largest oil producer. Who is the new world’s oil producer? Oh that’s right. It’s the US. We don’t need the Middle East’s oil anymore. That’s because of fracking. That’s because of Trump. You’re welcome.

The Saudis, are also the world’s third largest oil exporter. They have declared petro-economic war on the Russians. Remember them? They are the world’s largest oil exporter. Russians also have nuclear weapons. I would have thought you liberals would like somebody doing so damage to the country you do despise, and STILL believe colluded with Trump.

The Saudis’ petro-economic war is also doing massive damage to the third country, the Iranians. Remember them? I would have thought you liberals would be angry at anybody messing with the Iranians.They are Muslims, they hate America, and they hate Israel. In short, the Iranians are everything you love. They are also the world’s fifth largest producer, but don’t export much of it. They are also on the verge getting nuclear weapons, thanks to Obama.

THAT is why Wall Street is freaking out, and for good reason. The whole world’s oil market is suddenly in crisis. Trump had nothing to do with any of that. Unless you’ve got a new look conspiracy theory that Trump and Putin are behind all this, which you probably do.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:28 am

"His base won't hold him responsible for the stock market but I believe there is a limit to their tolerance"

Nah, the more he tests the limits of their masochism, the more they love it. That's just the way these things work. I blame both sides equally...