Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Uncle Bud

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:31 am

Most of those set deals include the tip. Double check with RChris mgmt.

With tipping, the issue is, many corporate accounts will only allow 18% on the pretax total. So, if the tip and tax are not in included in that price, the calculus would be 124 x $67 = $8308 x.18 = $1500 to be divided amongst the waitstaff.

If the tax is included in that price, and eCat's corporate account will only pay 18% pretax, then the tip would be as follows: 124 x $67 = $8308 (and assuming a 10% sales tax) x .90 = 7477 x .18 = $1350.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:34 am

Please submit the appropriate paperwork in triplicate.

Ummm, yeah. I need you to work this weekend and we need to talk about your TPS reports. Ummmm, yeah.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Dr. Nostron
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by Dr. Nostron » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:39 am

I would think the tip would be greatly dependent upon the quality of the cheesecake.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:43 am

Well, if they commit an act of blatant fraud and try to stiff you on any agreed upon and prearranged component of said meal - and give you sass on top of the larceny- you bet your sweet creme brulee, you adjust the tip down accordingly.
— Abraham Lincoln

Ron Mexico
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Prairie View A&M

Post by Ron Mexico » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:55 am

But what if some of the other attendees disagree with the tip adjustment and leave their own tips on the table?

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:14 am

Then, I wish them luck in the job market.
— Abraham Lincoln

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:46 am

AA don't fuck around when it comes to restaurant protocol.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:36 am

Son, we dine in a restaurant that has cheesecake specials, and that cheesecake is ordered by men who tip. Who's gonna tip for cheesecake promised but not delivered? You? You, Lieutenant Saint? I have a greater appetite than you can possibly fathom! You weep for the waiter and you curse my cheesecake. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that the waiter's reduced tip, while tragic, probably saved other diners from being stiffed their desert. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves disappointment! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me at that restaurant! You need me on that restaurant! We use phrases like "I'll have the special" or "here's my AAA card for the 10% off." We use these phrases as the backbone of a life spent pursuing optimal value for money spent. You use them as a punchline! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of discounts that I make the restaurateurs provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide them! I would rather you just said "Thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a fork and start eating. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
— Abraham Lincoln

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:48 am

Brio's restaurant slammed a Gorgonzola steak special on my table, Chief. Eleven men went into the restaurant. Didn't see the first waiter for about a half an hour. 6-footer. You know how you know that when you're in the restaurant, Chief? You tell by looking from the apron to the loafers. What we didn't know, was our meeting had been so secret, no e-mail had been sent. They didn't even wonder where we went. Waitstaff come cruisin', so we formed ourselves into tight groups and ordered dinner. You know, it was kinda like old squares in the battle like you see in the calendar named "The Battle of Waterloo" and the idea was: waiter comes to the nearest man, that man he starts orderin' and askin' about specials and screamin' for the dressing to put on the side and sometimes the waiter got the order right... but sometimes he don't. Sometimes that waiter he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about a waiter... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn't seem to be bringing the cheesecake...
— Abraham Lincoln

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:51 am

Aye, leave no tip and you may not get served promptly next time. Tip, and you'll eat... at least a while. And eating at your tables, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our waiters that they may take our Amex, but they'll never take... OUR FREE CHEESECAKE!
— Abraham Lincoln

It's me Karen
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Michigan

Post by It's me Karen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:48 am

Bravo, AA.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:08 am

McAdoo could certainly learn something from AA.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:12 am

AlabamAlum wrote:Son, we dine in a restaurant that has cheesecake specials, and that cheesecake is ordered by men who tip. Who's gonna tip for cheesecake promised but not delivered? You? You, Lieutenant Saint? I have a greater appetite than you can possibly fathom! You weep for the waiter and you curse my cheesecake. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that the waiter's reduced tip, while tragic, probably saved other diners from being stiffed their desert. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves disappointment! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me at that restaurant! You need me on that restaurant! We use phrases like "I'll have the special" or "here's my AAA card for the 10% off." We use these phrases as the backbone of a life spent pursuing optimal value for money spent. You use them as a punchline! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of discounts that I make the restaurateurs provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide them! I would rather you just said "Thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a fork and start eating. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
I'm ashamed to admit I didn't know about AAA discounts at restaurants...

Dr. Nostron
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by Dr. Nostron » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:24 am

lol - thats some shameful shit right there

CAT
Sophomore

Post by CAT » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:02 pm

AA--as you stated in an earlier post, when you book groups in a restaurant you usually have it priced to include tip and tax, if the service is very good and the people in the group wish to leaf an extra tip--I am sure the waiter would be thrilled--just leave cash not on credit card as they are taxed on an estimated tip base and all credit card tips are evident. Realise that, because of this, in some states servers wages are $1:85 an hour! BTW--when I tried to use the 'quote' it kept throwing me back to a login page saying I couldn't reply until I logged in--I logged in and it threw me back to same page--3 times. I finally just did a 'reply' and no 'quote'.
I try not to limit my madness to March

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Sardis,

It's not at all restaurants, but there are several who do. Although, with Groupon, LivingSocial, and Restaurant.com, I haven't used a AAA discount in a good while.
— Abraham Lincoln

It's me Karen
Junior

Post by It's me Karen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:48 pm

Btw, my bravo was on his writing.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Whose writing?
— Abraham Lincoln

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:56 pm

It's me Karen
Junior

Post by It's me Karen » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:24 am

AlabamAlum wrote:Whose writing?
Yours...unless this is a trick question.