Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:40 am

Rick Tyler (formerly of the Ted Cruz campaign) theorized on MSNBC this morning that the Trump campaign has pivoted from trying to win the election and is focusing on maintaining and leading an Anti-Hillary bloc post-election that will allow Trump to control the Republican party.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:09 pm

The main lesson from this election is that a white nationalist/supremacist party with a little more polish and political savvy than the current Trump organization can win a national election. I don't want to raise my kids in this country anymore.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:47 pm

News of the day:

NBC/Wall Street Journal National Poll: Hillary 46% Donald 35%

Paul Ryan convenes a conference call with GOP congress, tells listeners to do what's best for themselves in their districts (ie: get as far away from Trump as you like), and that Ryan himself would no longer associate with or campaign for DT. Ryan's goal moving forward is to "keep Clinton from getting a mandate from this election" - meaning Ryan has already conceded the race to her.

All that's a relief, but I still smh that the guy is still polling 35-40%. Granted my state is as red as you can get and Trump will still win the South and we're all mostly a bunch of fucking rednecks down here......anyway, I'm glad other areas of the country invest in education and champion critical thinking.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

10ac
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by 10ac » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:00 pm

...and will vote for a reckless, access selling lying piece of shit. Finished your post for you. Rumor is the establishment GOP released the audio. Good -bye government of the people etc.
Let 'er Blow!

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:07 pm

Cletus wrote:The main lesson from this election is that a white nationalist/supremacist party with a little more polish and political savvy than the current Trump organization can win a national election. I don't want to raise my kids in this country anymore.
I hear a lot of evangelicals say the same thing. You may want to hang around a bit. It may become more to your liking.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:24 pm

sardis wrote:
Cletus wrote:The main lesson from this election is that a white nationalist/supremacist party with a little more polish and political savvy than the current Trump organization can win a national election. I don't want to raise my kids in this country anymore.
I hear a lot of evangelicals say the same thing. You may want to hang around a bit. It may become more to your liking.
You've got to be fucking kidding me. Your and your kind are the reason this disgrace is even happening. The evangelicals couldn't be happier that their racist, hateful shit finally has a national voice. They aren't going anywhere. This is their movement. Trump will be replaced by a real politician and then those of us who don't want to marginalize the gays, the women, the brown people, and the foreigners are right fucked.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:56 pm

You're insane. In 5 years evangelical universities/hospitals who don't adhere to LGBT rights will lose their tax exemption and effectively shut down. You have 8 more years of Supreme Court reengineering and stuffing the citizenry with illegal, now soon to be legal voters. This is your utopia.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:42 pm

Cletus sounds like he thinks he's living in Birmingham in the 60's. He's actually living in Havana on New Years Eve 1958. He and his fellow leftists should be dancing in the streets. He's about to get those horrible terrible evil Christians right where he wants them.

I wonder if the liberal, tolerant, pluralistic and inclusive liberals will force us to wear yellow stars of David in public.

Islam is FAR more intolerant brutal in their treatment of women and gays than Christians, but liberals love Muslims for some inexplicable reason. Muslims will certainly be exempted from the coming liberal Nurenburg laws against Christians. I think we should all start calling ourselves "Messianic Muslims" and start calling our churches mosques.
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:51 pm

sardis wrote:You're insane. In 5 years evangelical universities/hospitals who don't adhere to LGBT rights will lose their tax exemption and effectively shut down. You have 8 more years of Supreme Court reengineering and stuffing the citizenry with illegal, now soon to be legal voters. This is your utopia.
Here's a crazy idea. How about evangelical universities/hospitals adhere to LGBT rights and keep their tax exemptions.

Harris Poll: Two-Thirds of Americans Don't Think Churches Should Be Exempt From LGBT Discrimination Laws (10/31/2014)
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:54 pm

I've got a better idea. Continue to abide by the 1st amendment of the Constitution. You know, that whole freedom of religion thingie?

America was founded on the principle of allowing people to practice the religion - or non religion of their choice, without government interference. It lasted over 200 years. You liberals want to kill it.

We know you also want to kill the second amendment. Any other fundamental Constitutional rights you want to kill? Freedom of speech, like on college campuses? Freedom of the press? Right to due process?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:06 pm

bluetick wrote:
sardis wrote:You're insane. In 5 years evangelical universities/hospitals who don't adhere to LGBT rights will lose their tax exemption and effectively shut down. You have 8 more years of Supreme Court reengineering and stuffing the citizenry with illegal, now soon to be legal voters. This is your utopia.
Here's a crazy idea. How about evangelical universities/hospitals adhere to LGBT rights and keep their tax exemptions.

Harris Poll: Two-Thirds of Americans Don't Think Churches Should Be Exempt From LGBT Discrimination Laws (10/31/2014)
Nope, better to kill themselves than treat the gays like real people.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:51 pm

"Harris Poll: Two-Thirds of Americans Don't Think Churches Should Be Exempt From LGBT Discrimination Laws (10/31/2014)"

Thank you for proving my point.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:22 pm

I doubt Trump will win. But if he did, how would you liberals feel if he began the process of nullifying the tax-exempt status of NOW, NARAL, AFL-CIO, NAACP, The Rainbow Coalition, The Urban League, Greenpeace, Sierra Club, GLAAD, Lambda, etc.?

Despite Cletus' apocalytic vision, the Republican Party never attempted anything like that when they controlled all three branches of government. I they ever did it again, even under a President Trump, I don't think you have to worry about restoration of slavery and Jim Crow.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:36 pm

up 11 pts in the NBC/WallStreetJournal poll out today and Paul Ryan basically conceded the race to her in a conference call to GOP representatives. Good news for a Monday

He didn't concede, he gave it to her. That's the establishment GOP's plan all along. Both political parties are terrified of an outsider. The fear of losing their self aggrandizeing positions is unacceptable. The fear of being unable to name bridges, roads and public facilities after each other for doing the job they were hired for and getting paid for favors, tax payers be domed, is more than they can stand. The Republic's only hope is that enough of Cletus and his ilk leave. But that won't happen. The being offended about everything and whining about it will continue. When you realize there is no real difference between the parties you will see they are playing you for the suckers you are.
Let 'er Blow!

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:48 pm

"The being offended about everything and whining about it will continue."

You certainly contribute your share of it...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:59 pm

"Any other fundamental Constitutional rights you want to kill?"

The only fundamental right having to do with the constitution is that a certain sized majority rules. The Constitution can be amended if that majority decides to. Of course, I seriously doubt any part of the constitution is going to be amended, much less abolished, but if the mandated majority decided to, whatever resulted would then be the new "fundamental" right. If a right can be rescinded, is it really a right? The only truly fundamental Constitutional right is the right of a certain sized majority to make whatever rules they want...

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:28 am

[youtube]7yU7UqXF68M[/youtube]
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:44 am

It's getting ridiculous

(Birmingham News) Endorsement: We're with Hillary Clinton. Frankly, Donald Trump's dangerous.
http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/201 ... inton.html

Who's next? The White Citizen's Council? The Daughters of the Confederacy?? The NRA???

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:34 am

Johnette's Daddy wrote:[youtube]7yU7UqXF68M[/youtube]
This video raises an interesting question: if Trump had said what he said on those tapes in a rhyme, and maybe throw in a couple of "ho" and "bitch" mentions, could he have called it art, and therefore be immune to any criticism?

Many of critics of Trump's language on those tapes then put in their earbuds and listen to rap music, which dwarfs Trump in terms of misogyny and objectification of women. Double standard?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:13 am

It's a double standard if you hold rappers and presidential nominees to the different standards when it comes to things like that. I suspect most people do...