Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:44 pm

And didn't all hell break loose when Reagan traded arms to Iran in return for hostages? Will Obama get a similar reaction for trading $400 million to Iran for hostages? I doubt it. Just another coincidence.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:11 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:And didn't all hell break loose when Reagan traded arms to Iran in return for hostages? Will Obama get a similar reaction for trading $400 million to Iran for hostages? I doubt it. Just another coincidence.
He ought to get a medal, given that he paid them with their own money.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:05 am

Most transparent gubment.......EVER!!lll Obamanization emulates Clintonization. Forward!!!

The IRS has so far evaded accountability for its political targeting of conservative groups, but the courts haven’t been forgiving when they’ve considered the issue. On Friday the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals gave the agency its latest comeuppance, reviving lawsuits by dozens of groups discriminated against by the IRS.

In a 22-page ruling by Judge David Sentelle, a unanimous three-judge panel ruled that since it is “plain” to all parties including the Treasury Inspector General and a lower federal court that the IRS “cannot defend its discriminatory conduct on the merits, the governing issue is now whether the controversy is moot. The district court held that it was; we conclude that it is not.”

To establish mootness, Judge Sentelle said the IRS had to show there is “no reasonable expectation” that the targeting will happen again and that events since have fully healed the negative effect of the violation. That clearly hasn’t happened since even the IRS has admitted that some tax-exempt applications caught in the targeting still haven’t been processed.

While the agency has said that “no more than two” applications for exemption are still delayed, the court wrote, “We would advise the IRS that a heavy burden of establishing mootness is not carried by proving that the case is nearly moot, or is moot as to a ‘vast majority’ of the parties.”

Even worse, the court notes, is the IRS’s “puzzling” argument that the pending applications don’t really count because they are from groups that are “in litigation” with the Justice Department over IRS viewpoint discrimination. “It is not at all clear why the IRS proposes that not ceasing becomes cessation if the victim of the conduct is litigating against it. The IRS position is reminiscent of Catch-22 from the novel of the same name.”

The court’s opinion applies to Linchpins of Liberty et al. v. U.S. as well as True the Vote, Inc. v. IRS. The decision remanded the cases to the district court for further proceedings but the Obama Administration may further delay discovery by appealing to the full D.C. Circuit, which the White House has stacked with friendly judges. Stay tuned.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:14 pm

Hillary will give the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Kostinnen and Lerner for their valuable service.

(Preemptive "I wish Hillary gave you the Presidential Medal of Freedom.... posthumously.)
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:10 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
(Preemptive "I wish Hillary gave you the Presidential Medal of Freedom.... posthumously.)
A-
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:18 pm

50 GOP National Security Advisors Sign Letter in Opposition to Trump - Associated Press

Susan Collins Latest GOP Senator to Disavow Trump - CNN

and the beat goes on

and the beat goes on

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:22 pm

and on and on and on

The race will tighten up. Essentially, Trump is looking for an increase in white blue collar workers. But a lot of educated normally Republican white suburban women are going to vote for Hillary, not because she is a woman, but because Trump at a critical time in the campaign turned them off.

If he has a good debate though, things will close. Still think Hillary will win.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:23 pm

Query: What date will the Republicans approve Garland? How will Democrats vote on that debate?
My Dad is my hero still.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:58 am

That SCOTUS seat is reserved for Bill. Even Ruther Bader Ginsberg won't be safe.

The next opening is reserved for Obama.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:28 am

Hillary gaining support from War Hawk bureaucrats, liberal GOP Senators, and terrorist families...

http://www.wptv.com/news/state/orlando- ... -kissimmee

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:34 am

There's an opening in hell reserved for you...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:48 am

Through Priceline?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:25 am

Nope, this will be a full service damnation...

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:11 am

Separating Donald Trump from Trumpism http://www.wsj.com/articles/separating- ... 1470678372

A good article for bedwetters and mouthbreathers alike. Trump the man may be crazy, but not everything he professes to support is. And it's true that a sizeable amount of dems fall into the trumpism category (after all, Trump has been a dem longer than he's been a repub).

The author didn't specifically make the point, but those he describes as followers of trumpism appear to be ripe for building a third party. White blue collar anti-globalist wall-builders and marginalized tea-partiers - plus assorted "anything but the status-quo" fringers...could be a formidable mix. All they need is a catchy name.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:59 pm

Marginalized tea-partiers? I thought tea-partiers were marginalized republicans to start with. But like all such groups, it quickly becomes a contest to see who can be the most marginalized and the most aggrieved. All because of Fox News. Well, maybe not all, but a big part...

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:49 pm

hedge wrote:Marginalized tea-partiers? I thought tea-partiers were marginalized republicans to start with.
Mostly the ones who get butthurt when government shutdowns and defaults on the debt are avoided. The tedcruz-teapartiers, if you will.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:00 pm

sardis wrote:Hillary gaining support from War Hawk bureaucrats, liberal GOP Senators, and terrorist families...

http://www.wptv.com/news/state/orlando- ... -kissimmee
Ironic that Hillary would be the candidate of chicken hawks and neocons. Halliburton must have made a whopping donation to the Clinton Global Initiative:

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:08 am

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:12 am

Hillary was complicit in the rape of that child, plus her body count is up to 51 or 52 as of this writing. Sad that the real news is only coming from tabloids like UK's Daily Mail.

People need to pay attention. http://toprightnews.com/breaking-promin ... -2-months/

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:13 am

Clinton was the rapist's defense lawyer, pleading him down to 'unlawful fondling of a minor'
The 41-year-old drifter served less than a year in prison
The plea came after Clinton was able to block the admission of forensic evidence that linked her client to the crime
Shelton says she's furious that Clinton has been portraying herself as a lifelong advocate of women and girls on the campaign trail
Clinton accused Shelton of 'seeking out older men' in the case and demanded that she undergo a grueling court-ordered psychiatric examination
The presidential candidate later laughed while discussing aspects of the case in a recently-unearthed audiotaped interview from the 1980s
Some basic facts are missing. One, she was assigned this case by the court and asked to be relieved from it and the judge refused. Second, if the forensic evidence should have been allowed, it was up to the prosecutor to object (she did) and the judge to allow the evidence. Don't blame the lawyer for doing her job. Every lawyer in litigation will at some time have a client that they don't like or they disagree with and their job is to represent that client to the utmost under the law because every lawyer is an officer of the court. It has no bearing to personal beliefs. If you can't do that, choose another profession
My Dad is my hero still.