Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by Saint » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:48 pm

so Lamb is coming back but why is Brendan Knight calling out Cal?

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by aTm » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:48 pm

hedge wrote:Do we really need the stats on how many times or even if somebody edited their post? Jeez...
I'm about to permanently change your board rank from "Recruit" to "Whiny Bitch"
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:48 pm

I'm just trying to help...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Anybody checked out klatz's place yet?

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:50 pm

I check it every now and then. One of Moulton's pseuds is listed as the forum owner for the Goat Pen.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Ron Mexico
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Prairie View A&M

Post by Ron Mexico » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:18 pm

hedge wrote:"And funny that you made me waste 30 seconds of my time on that shit."

You know you watched the whole thing. And wept...
I almost wept after 30 seconds. Seriously, I thought you cited that time frame for some particular reason and figured I could give just about anything that much time before abandoning ship, but that put me to the test...

Cats rule
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by Cats rule » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:41 pm

agree, mexico...that shit was beyond the pale, and a banishment wouldn't be out of line. set some parameters early

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:59 pm

Why on earth anyone would ever click on any link, video or whatever hedge puts out there is beyond me.

Stormaktstiden
Freshman
College Hoops Affiliation: Presbyterian

Post by Stormaktstiden » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:08 pm

hedge wrote:Yes, I added that parenthetically for sass purposes, but the original point (which still stands) referred to stud players, i.e., first round (minimum) type of players. I should've just left it at that, b/c it's obvious that somebody like, say, Dakota Euton would be raving about how much he loved his college experience in Lexington if Cal hadn't unceremoneously (sp?) shown his pimply fat white ass the door as soon as he arrived. UK was made for grits like him and I'm sure he and his bowl-cut brethren love nothing better than shooting at road signs on the lonely late night byways of rural Kentucky. But that's b/c he's a grit and UK is almost wholly populated by grits. And Doron Lamb, who actually should be leaving like his smarter compatriot Jodie Meeks. Lamb gets lost in the shuffle next year and his stock drops. Cautionary tale for all future potential UK recruits. Yep, the wheels are falling off in Lexington. Your fear is palpable and I'm just glad to be here to watch it...
Kentucky has 5 first round draft picks (most notably Demarcus Cousins and John Wall) that still "rave" about how much they miss UK. Cousins has downright blubbered over it.

All major programs worth their salt manage at some level to bond with their players so this whole line of smack reeks of fear and desperation at the ass whuppings to follow next year and all your little excuse building and Duke-esque "education is important to our kids. We do it the right way. We want to be worthy champions." bullshit isn't going to save you.
Where vice is vengeance follows.

goldenbear
Senior

Post by goldenbear » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Hedge you said it perfectly 5 out of Uk returners played 30 minutes

UNC Freshman fit better Macadoo take Knox spot and Harriston takes Watts minutes.

ANd now UNC as a decent option as 4th big in Simmions.

Kentucky as two dived 120 minutes by 6 players in Teague, Lamb, Knight, Liggins, Miller and Gilchrist. That is 20 minutes each that does not work out too well

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:09 pm

Stormaktstiden wrote:
hedge wrote:Yes, I added that parenthetically for sass purposes, but the original point (which still stands) referred to stud players, i.e., first round (minimum) type of players. I should've just left it at that, b/c it's obvious that somebody like, say, Dakota Euton would be raving about how much he loved his college experience in Lexington if Cal hadn't unceremoneously (sp?) shown his pimply fat white ass the door as soon as he arrived. UK was made for grits like him and I'm sure he and his bowl-cut brethren love nothing better than shooting at road signs on the lonely late night byways of rural Kentucky. But that's b/c he's a grit and UK is almost wholly populated by grits. And Doron Lamb, who actually should be leaving like his smarter compatriot Jodie Meeks. Lamb gets lost in the shuffle next year and his stock drops. Cautionary tale for all future potential UK recruits. Yep, the wheels are falling off in Lexington. Your fear is palpable and I'm just glad to be here to watch it...
Kentucky has 5 first round draft picks (most notably Demarcus Cousins and John Wall) that still "rave" about how much they miss UK. Cousins has downright blubbered over it.

All major programs worth their salt manage at some level to bond with their players so this whole line of smack reeks of fear and desperation at the ass whuppings to follow next year and all your little excuse building and Duke-esque "education is important to our kids. We do it the right way. We want to be worthy champions." bullshit isn't going to save you.
Hmmmm, maybe this extenda quote thing isn't so bad after all. By hitting the quote button, every time somebody wants to address the smallest point in one of my posts, they'll repost my whole, entire, glorious post, giving the entire forum a wonderful opportunity to read (aye, greedily) yet again (and again! and again!) word for word the manna that dripped from my keyboard. Good thinking, aTm...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Welp, looks like Woody Durham, voice of the Tar Heels, is retiring. He was a class act and an intelligent man, not like that grit faggot Lefford Caywood or whatever the fuck that retarded grit's name was who "called" games for UK by drooling and farting and fondling women and children with a stob up his arse. I'm glad he's dead. Woody will be missed, though...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:55 pm

Great - GREAT - fucking thread on Tyler Hansbrow on some Pacers board. Somebody better make a salient comment about it (besides the snippet I'm fixin to post) or I'm going to post the whole goddamn thing in here. Here;s a sweet taste, faggothi:

"It was during the worst stretch of Pacers basketball that I can remember that Hansbrough showed his heart, by throwing out 17, 26, 21, 20, 29, and 30. When everyone else got worse, he got better, when no one thought he could. He can. Few players have this ability.

That's the heart of a champion. His level of play stirred everyone, from players to fans. And we played ourselves back into the playoffs the rest of the way. What if Tyler Hansbrough hadn't have happened? Would we be talking playoffs today?

When the experts were predicting that we'd be swept, I thought "you may be right". But there's one player that I can't count out. I was thinking, "It's the playoffs. Post season. That's Tyler Hansbrough time." You KNEW this guy was going to show up. This is where he made a living in college."

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=63673

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:01 pm

"Old 04-18-2011, 12:06 PM #11
Lou Bega

Default Re: Hansbrough!
Kidd Minneapolis, I would not be suprised at all in Tyler Hansbrough won a league MVP in his career. I believe in him that much. I like his game more than Blake Griffen's.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:02 pm

I'm glad he wasn't talking about Blake Griffin. I, too, like Hansbrow's game better than Blake Griffen's...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:04 pm

LMAO at the finale here...

Deflated

So I walk into work today and the first thing said to me is "the Pacers came that effing close. I want to get me a Tyler Hansbrough jersey."

This from a guy who only watches a few games a year and does not follow the NBA much at all. However, he has seen Tyler play a few times this year. Never saw him in college. But he immediately fell in love with the way Tyler plays. An intensity level that is unmatched.

Tyler is just one of those human beings that you should never bet against. Some people are just winners. Tyler and Charlie Sheen are those type of people.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati

Post by TheBigMook » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:10 pm

I'm just looking forward to a 1000 Macadon't sasses in the years to come.
THE OG SSG

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati

Post by TheBigMook » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:12 pm

We can only pray he gets busted with pot so we can also add "Macadoobie".
THE OG SSG

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:41 pm

Here is the path of the tornado that went thru me and Stu's hometown this weekend. My parent's house is about a tenth of a centimeter east (i.e., second house to the right of) of the "Raleigh Rd. Parkway and Ward Blvd." point, and the MIF's house is almost directly across the street. Stu's house is about half an inch directly south of that point. We got damn lucky...

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:46 pm

hate to tell you hedge but we are down 2-0 could have won both those games easily

losing collison is the killer but hansborough and that whole team have dominated chicago........well except that rose dude