Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by AugustWest » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:20 pm

So was Iraq and frankly our face aint worth that much any more.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:41 pm

this is about AIPAC pushing paid for congressmen to go to war when the polling is telling them that US citizens are against it to about a 9:1 ratio
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:12 pm

67% of Israelis want the US to fire missiles at Syria, yet 77% don't want Israel to fire any missiles. Now, I am very pro-Israel and believe Israel should be able to keep the territory it received in 1967 and should defend them if attacked; however, if they arent willing to bomb Syria then there ain't no way we should do it for them.

http://www.jpost.com/National-News/Poll ... ion-324787

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:16 pm

AugustWest wrote:So was Iraq and frankly our face aint worth that much any more.
Iraq was not about saving face...at all. That was a mixture of Daddy Issues, Oil and Neocon academic papers being brought to life. It wasn't much about saving face.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Saving the face of who?

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:26 pm

Bklyn wrote:
AugustWest wrote:So was Iraq and frankly our face aint worth that much any more.
Iraq was not about saving face...at all. That was a mixture of Daddy Issues, Oil and Neocon academic papers being brought to life. It wasn't much about saving face.
Take your points one step furthur and they become saving face. Particularly the Daddy issues. Iraq was all about Saddam threatening Bush 1 and Bush 2 finishing the job Bush 1 started. Not that I had a problem with taking out Saddam, I just think we really fucked up the aftermath.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:32 pm

sardis wrote:67% of Israelis want the US to fire missiles at Syria, yet 77% don't want Israel to fire any missiles. Now, I am very pro-Israel and believe Israel should be able to keep the territory it received in 1967 and should defend them if attacked; however, if they arent willing to bomb Syria then there ain't no way we should do it for them.

http://www.jpost.com/National-News/Poll ... ion-324787

I"m not pro Israel, but I'm not anti- Israel either, but this highlights the biggest problem I have - Americans should not die or fund a fucking piece of soil in the middle east. Either Israel stands or falls but they do it on their own.

Take out the religious connection to that land and look at it objectively and you just shake your head at how much our of lives - every American - has been affected by our continued unconditional support of that nation - from American deaths to the American economy.

There is only 1 reason why congress is attempting to push forward a strike against Syria. Its because Israel wants us to, and that's a veiled attempt to go for the bigger prize - American taking down Iran.

This has nothing to do with saving face for Obama, or America, or embolding future dictators to cross a line.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:40 pm

Israel provides a non-muslim thorn square in the broad side of the middle east. Its a nice check to avoid hegemony in the region; supporting them is a strategic play under Obama now - just as it was under Ike more than half a century ago.

Look, its not as if we actually care about the lox-eating yarmulke-wearing Jesus-deniers. They serve a purpose. Nothing more.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:44 pm

Israel is doomed anyway. The jews in Israel are being out-bred 3 to one by muslims in their own country. They either become a oligarchy they claim to despise or give control to muslims in twenty years anyway. This is a no win situation for them.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:58 pm

It's not just Israel, it's the oil rich arab sheiks who have offered money to carry out the strikes. They don't like Assad for some reason and want him gone. I bet if you polled religious folk in this country, most will not be for the strike.

I disagree with eCat about congress. They want nothing to do with this. The handful of pro strike congressmen are trying to use their clout to strong arm the rest. I don't think it will work this time, at least I hope it doesn't.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:06 pm

It's the Saudis. Those fuckers are the biggest supporters of terrorism in the region yet we follow them more blindly that we do the Israelis. Iran is closer to a western style democracy than Saudi Arabia is.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:29 pm

Israel has nothing to do with this. Why should they join?

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:31 pm

Damn. That was pretty stupid even for you.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:44 pm

They don't. Just the same as Turkey doesn't Saudi Arabia doesn't & Mexico doesn't. Not their red line.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:02 am

wtf are you talking about? That statement is almost as stupid as U*NC claiming to run a clean athletic program.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:05 am

Anyway, I'm staying away...

Seems my protestations about corporate cash in politics is misplaced...

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/09/04/bu ... tw-nytimes&
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:03 am

AlabamAlum wrote:Israel provides a non-muslim thorn square in the broad side of the middle east. Its a nice check to avoid hegemony in the region; supporting them is a strategic play under Obama now - just as it was under Ike more than half a century ago.

Look, its not as if we actually care about the lox-eating yarmulke-wearing Jesus-deniers. They serve a purpose. Nothing more.
why should we care? we'd have a very simple relationship with the middle east without Israel. We'd pull up a boatload of money and in return we'd get a boatload of oil. End of day.

We have this idea that because they are a democracy (that just happens to invoke something worse than apartheid on about 1.5 million people) that they are this beacon of American idealism in the middle east but its meaningless to us and its a one sided relationship.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:48 am

And to think Israel was almost established in Africa. How different things would be if that would have gone through...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:14 am

Bklyn wrote:And to think Israel was almost established in Africa. How different things would be if that would have gone through...

we'd be hearing how Somali Pirates are a threat to our national security

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:25 am

The U.S. has intercepted an order from Iran to militants in Iraq to attack the U.S. Embassy and other American interests in Baghdad in the event of a strike on Syria, officials said, amid an expanding array of reprisal threats across the region.

Military officials have been trying to predict the range of possible responses from Syria, Iran and their allies. U.S. officials said they are on alert for Iran's fleet of small, fast boats in the Persian Gulf, where American warships are positioned. U.S. officials also fear Hezbollah could attack the U.S. Embassy in Beirut.

While the U.S. has moved military resources in the region for a possible strike, it has other assets in the area that would be ready to respond to any reprisals by Syria, Iran or its allies.

and there it is. Israel's fait accompli