also the 1982 Tarholes

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by AugustWest » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:28 pm

U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:17 pm

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu ... eyre-real/

Step 1 to being a college: make sure you have classes.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

The Anti k*
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by The Anti k* » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:49 pm

Step 1 to being a legitimate College Basketball Program: Win ANYTHING of relevance in the past quarter century.

{Remember, Augie, I'm the win at all costs Carolina fan.}

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:01 pm

Well I tell you what. Let's give NC State alums the same ratio in the UNC BOG that U*NC currently enjoys and then we'll see how U*NC comes out of this scandal and does over the next twenty years. BTW, The "U" in UNC stands for "university" not "basketball", if you want to call yourself a basketball fan go right ahead, but you definitely aren't a fan of the university.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:06 pm

Class of 1989 right here. But I'm not a hypocrite when it comes to collegiate athletics. It's a joke, man. It has been for nearly 50 years. And I am NOT just saying that because of the shit we've done.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:10 pm

And Augie, I'll even concede that I understand your bitterness after what happened in Raleigh at the end of Valvano's tenure. But the "student" part of college basketball and football has been a farce since at least the early 60's, probably the 50's.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:27 pm

K, I feel like a university has a duty to try to provide an education to anyone who attends that school. Some people can make it some people cant. U*NC is under no obligation to make it's athletes actually learn anything. My problem with U*NC (and you may see this as either a very fine line or utter bullshit as is your right) is that U*NC has been dishonest about what it's athletes are achieving on campus. If U*NC wants to recruit morons that cant read or write to play sports, and function as a minor league for the pros that's fine. BUT U*NC has presented itself as a special place where great athletes and great academics combine in some mystical wonderland where jocks with 2.1 gpa's in high school suddenly can earn a degree from a prominent university and it's utter bullshit. U*NC cheats to keep athletes eligible and then gives them a degree more easily earned than a certificate from a community college. All the while looking down there noses at and criticizing schools that actually make their athletes earn their degrees. Kentucky, Bama, KSU, and USC(west) are honest about what their athletic programs are. U*NC's athletic success and apparently it's academic stature are built on lies. Be a factory, I dont care, but at least be honest about what you are. It's the hypocracy I cant stand.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:29 pm

The Anti k* wrote:And Augie, I'll even concede that I understand your bitterness after what happened in Raleigh at the end of Valvano's tenure. But the "student" part of college basketball and football has been a farce since at least the early 60's, probably the 50's.
fine, play 'em for couple of years and send 'em to the pros. dont give 'em a fucking degree.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:39 pm

Point awarded to Anti.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:40 pm

Well, I talk my share of shit here about basketball, but I'm not one of the "look down my nose" types when it comes to academics. I actually agree with a lot of what you said.

Now let's enjoy this ass kicking that Virginia is laying on the blew devils*!

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:02 am

here's where we're going to have a falling out K. IMO over the last 20+ years U*NC has won a lot of games, conference and national titles by cheating. Now that the cheating has been exposed those wins, and titles should be forfeit. GT lost an ACC championship over a $316 jersey. U*NC has set up a multi-million dollar, multi-decade system to circumvent NCAA rules. I'm not mad, I'm not jealous, common sense, and common decency says that those banners achieved by cheating should come down. U*NC if it has any sense of honor at all should voluntarily take down the banners, report honestly to the NCAA, take it's medicine and move on.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:28 am

Heh. Honor.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:29 am

notice K disappears as soon as I suggest that U*NC should actually pay a price for it's cheating.

"yeah college sports are fucked up"

"yeah we treat athletes like cattle"

"I dont care if our jocks can read or write"

"if you aint cheating you aint trying"

"whoa, whoa whoa! take down our banners? what the fuck? oh hell no!" we cheated for those fair and square! fuck that."

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:32 am

Bklyn wrote:Heh. Honor.
exactly.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:53 am

the big dogs do their version

[youtube]Ir2TdfSwH8g[/youtube]
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

goldenbear
Senior

Post by goldenbear » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:25 am

What year did UNC basektball players take those classes they only evidence they have is Peppers right now,

if it comes in 09 that Danny Green or Tyler H took a fake class then they can take down the banners

goldenbear
Senior

Post by goldenbear » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:28 am

Duke game was great last night , Coach K did not get the calls and he and his team totally lost composure that is how every Duke came would be if they did not get the calls, to that is cheating and every won of Coach K 950 wins should be taken away he is nothing with out the officials.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:36 pm

goldenbear wrote:What year did UNC basektball players take those classes they only evidence they have is Peppers right now,

if it comes in 09 that Danny Green or Tyler H took a fake class then they can take down the banners

Do you honestly think that U*NC doesnt know who was in the classes? And do you not think that if they knew that basketball players weren't involved they would have said so by now? U*NC has admitted that multiple classes had only basketball classes in them. U*NC admits that basketball players benefitted from the fraud classes. Their defense that "regular" students took the fraud classes too and therefore it's not an athletic scandal.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by crotch » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:55 pm

Are we all in agreement that unc is no doubt the 'cheatingest' college sports program of the 21st Century? If this had been Kentucky, the NCAA would have already removed the championship banners from that time period... can't understand how unc gets a pass on this. Also, UCLA should have at least 2/3 of their championships vacated because of their admitted paying of players during their golden years.