The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: UCLA Bruins

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:38 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 8:11 pm people all over twitter saying they are canceling
We had DirecTV for 19 years. Turned it off in 2020. Too much money. Now for broadcast tv, we use Fubo. We just turn it on over Labor Day weekend and turn it off the Tuesday after the college basketball national championship game.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:13 pm

As a tech idiot, I'll say YouTube TV is great. Unlimited recording is awesome...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:15 pm

yea, not sure why anyone who has internet would choose anything else but Youtube TV.

You just tell it to record every fucking thing you can imagine and you have commercial free television. I have it record every college football and basketball game it televises and I usually get 20 or 30 games a weekend.

I turn if off over the summer and start it back up on labor day - so it just turned back on yesterday in time for college football and I'll watch it over the winter
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:26 pm

I assume it records everything to the cloud?

I just can’t see it working in my house until I get fiber ran…we have 6 TVs streaming or powered on pretty much 24/7/365, plus 5 iPhones, 3-4 iPads, my work laptop, and whatever else is connected and up. My current AT&T 25 or whatever my current plan is struggles at times to keep up.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:53 am

We have YouTubeTV. We got it in 2020 or 2021 when we had fiber installed. It's great. The DVR is unlimited whereas Hulu is limited to 50 hours iirc.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:51 am

Dave23 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:26 pm I assume it records everything to the cloud?

I just can’t see it working in my house until I get fiber ran…we have 6 TVs streaming or powered on pretty much 24/7/365, plus 5 iPhones, 3-4 iPads, my work laptop, and whatever else is connected and up. My current AT&T 25 or whatever my current plan is struggles at times to keep up.
get a $20 firestick and sign up for a free demo - if you can run Netflix, you can run Youtube TV
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:25 am

The idea of no contract streaming or access software - like Microsoft 365 is called Saas - Streaming as a Service, Software as a Service

As I work for a software company we are making the switch to it as well and its kicking our ass. While our consumption model is different, it still makes it very hard to predict revenue. The guy in the office next to me heads up a group and hasn't hit his numbers for 2 years now. He'll be replaced within the next 3 months and he knows it. No surprise that all the no contract streaming companies are losing their ass as well.

I read a couple of months ago that Chevy was discontinuing offering entertainment packages in their cars that had Carplay and Android Auto . I thought that was a stupid idea on their part as I only rent cars that have Carplay, and every car in our house has Carplay on it, either as part of the OEM or I added aftermarket.

Anyways, last weekend I rented a Ford Edge and it had navigation. I fucked up the connection with the Carplay because of using both bluetooth and USB with two phones so my phone wasn't connecting - and since the Ford had navigation I decided to use it - so it lets you see the map and the GPS tracks where you are - but if you actually want to use the navigation features, then it is a subscription service with Ford.

and then I realized why the Big 3 were going to do away with Carplay, because they want to start making money off of Software as a Service in their cars.

BMW tried this 2 years ago with paying for a seat heater by subscription and there was such backlash against them they dropped it.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:30 am

btw, if you don't have apple Carplay or Android Auto in your car and you want a cheap way to add it, if you have an Aux in on your car radio, I would suggest the ATOTO P8. You can pick it up for $120

it mounts on your dash or window like a GPS and it gives you Waze, podcasts, google maps, music - whatever is car enabled apps on your phone. You also get Bluetooth of course so you can answer and call people while driving without touching your phone. That part works really well.

I have one on my SUV because its too costly to add an aftermarket radio. I also have a front facing camera with it that records in a loop.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:53 am

Dave23 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:26 pm I just can’t see it working in my house until I get fiber ran…we have 6 TVs streaming or powered on pretty much 24/7/365, plus 5 iPhones, 3-4 iPads, my work laptop, and whatever else is connected and up. My current AT&T 25 or whatever my current plan is struggles at times to keep up.
6 TV's streaming 24/7? WTF???

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:56 am

my kids are in the mid 20's now. They haven't watched a TV since they were at least 14.

TV"s to them are dinosaurs. You can't carry them around and move from your bedroom to the kitchen to the bathroom to the gym

My wife and I have two recliners in the den with a wood stove (fireplace insert) and a 50" inch TV above the mantle. To us that is a little slice of heaven when its 25 degrees outside (admittedly I'm asleep half the time I am in it now)

for decades I aligned myself with Homer Simpson. Now I realize I'm probably closer to Grandpa Simpson at this point in my life

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:10 am

OK, I laughed at "aligned myself with Homer Simpson"...

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:29 am

TV1 - 37 yo daughter, lives in what used to be my dining room with my 3 yo grandson. Sleeps with TV on, watches E! and whatever channels those rich housewives shows are on

TV2 - den, does get shut off at night occasionally, but always on during daytime hours, usually Nick or Disney or streaming something

TV3 - 28yo son, works 5p-2a at FedEx, sleeps with TV on, has DirecTV box but rarely uses, always streaming something

TV4 - 12 yo grandson, sleeps with TV on, only streams shows, usually YouTube videos of people playing video games or whatever anime he is into that week

TV5 - master bedroom, occupied by wife currently living Peg Bundy lifestyle, sleeps with TV on, and has recently discovered binge watching shows on streaming services when not watching Law & Order or Cold Case reruns for the Nth time repeatedly

TV6 - my home office, my fortress of somewhat solitude, TV comes on at 7am and is background noise thru my work day, then I chill in there for a few hours after work, and I usually end up watching sports in there until bedtime
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:26 am

DooKSucks wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:53 am We have YouTubeTV. We got it in 2020 or 2021 when we had fiber installed. It's great. The DVR is unlimited whereas Hulu is limited to 50 hours iirc.
Considering I have over 100 Cold Case episodes alone recorded, I'd say Hulu isn't limited. Buy they do only keep for 9 months.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:30 am

I finished Succession the other day. Anything recently good on HBO?

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:56 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:26 am
DooKSucks wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:53 am We have YouTubeTV. We got it in 2020 or 2021 when we had fiber installed. It's great. The DVR is unlimited whereas Hulu is limited to 50 hours iirc.
Considering I have over 100 Cold Case episodes alone recorded, I'd say Hulu isn't limited. Buy they do only keep for 9 months.
They must have changed. I seem to recall it being limited when we went to streaming.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 11, 2024 3:48 pm

its kinda sad going out on facebook and seeing all these women I went to school with there now after getting out of a bad relationship with a man.

All they do is talk about how worthless men are.

My best friend got divorced - it was a nasty divorce and for awhile he had a sticker on his car that was Calvin pissing on "my ex-wife"

I told him - why don't you have a sign that says "I hate women". No woman is going to date you with that kind of advertisement on your car. He took my advice and at least got laid once in awhile.

Same with these women on facebook. All of them on the downhill slide to being 60, like they got enough working against them with flabby triceps and stage 1 turkey neck, but they gotta talk shit about how many worthless men they've had in their life. "The more I know men, the more I like my dog" - yea well. I hope that dog has a 401K and can change the spark plugs in your car. You might wanna dust that thing out for cobwebs once in awhile too just case you get a chance to use it. Regardless your assistant manager ass working at the thrift store ain't getting it done

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 11, 2024 3:54 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:30 am I finished Succession the other day. Anything recently good on HBO?
kinda of a lull period

I watched the Lacie Peterson documentary last week, along with a Nascar series.

Now I am watching an AMC series called Dark Wind

but nothing is must watch TV

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:18 pm

Thanks

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:26 pm

Blink Twice was very creepy, dirty, and unnerving. I felt very unwholesome afterwords. If you enjoyed Get Out or maybe Don't Worry Darling then you might like this movie.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:47 pm

Fuck off