hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Mon May 13, 2013 4:37 pm

"Megan didn't take a position on same-sex marriage."

I know that, that's why I said "And yet I'd bet." What do you think her position is on gay marriage, given her poetic waxing about the benefits of marriage in general? For that matter, you have done plenty of talking about the benefits of marriage for society in general. What is your position on gay marriage? Are you willing to put your religious beliefs ahead of what you believe to be beneficial for society?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Mon May 13, 2013 10:11 pm

And what is your position on marriage between a man and a goat?

U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 13, 2013 11:21 pm

Nothing wrong with it.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Tue May 14, 2013 6:07 am

AugustWest wrote:And what is your position on marriage between a man and a goat?
His position is as goat.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue May 14, 2013 7:41 am

I don't think Obama directed the IRS to go after the Tea Party, but this is just indicative of our government at this point.

Alot of these people don't get up in the morning thinking they are working for the taxpayers.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue May 14, 2013 7:49 am

and in other Obama news

Internal cost estimates from 17 of the nation's largest insurance companies indicate that health insurance premiums will grow an average of 100 percent under Obamacare, and that some will soar more than 400 percent, crushing the administration's goal of affordability.

New regulations, policies, taxes, fees and mandates are the reason for the unexpected "rate shock," according to the House Energy and Commerce Committee, which released a report Monday based on internal documents provided by the insurance companies. The 17 companies include Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield and Kaiser Foundation.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue May 14, 2013 7:55 am

Even though I do think that the cost of Obamacare is alot more than the administration lets on, I think those "100%" increases are an exagerration. Maybe they mean that over 7-10 years, which would be more believable.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue May 14, 2013 8:50 am

sardis wrote:Even though I do think that the cost of Obamacare is alot more than the administration lets on, I think those "100%" increases are an exagerration. Maybe they mean that over 7-10 years, which would be more believable.
I don't know what they mean , and I don't really care if its Obamacare or just insurance companies taking advantage of the situation - regardless, the working American gets screwed over by government involvement.

of course, will electing the GOP mean my rates go down? of course not, but they'll use that to beat people over the head to get the white house in 2016. Breaking the health care system with a very unpopular draconian system in place is a perfect storm to get a moderate GOP elected.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue May 14, 2013 9:01 am

This IRS thing - I think I understand what has happened and I don't see it as some huge government conspiracy but it does speak volumes about where we are as a country.

This is the danger of giving the government an inch.

10 years ago it was "muslim Americans" that were the threat and it was justified with illegal wire taps, redefining torture, outsourcing interrogations, suspension of habeas corpus, even killing Americans on foreign soil. It took a filibuster just recently by Rand Paul to get our government to admit it can't kill Americans on American soil.

Now the government doesn't see the enemy with the same set of Toby Keith eyes anymore. The enemy is not just the guys with that crazy religion, the enemy is also the tea party, anyone who uses Liberty , is dedicated to teaching Americans about the constitution, or "is against big government". Just like those Muslims, they all want to bring down our (current) government.

This didn't start with the IRS - 2 years ago Homeland Security was targeting American "terrorists" that belonged to state or homegrown militias as potential threats. If you hung out at a gun club and belonged to a right wing grass roots organization, you couldn't be trusted per Obama's new Gestapo headed by Mrs. Neopalitan. Who the fuck started this "homeland security" anyways - that has Dick Cheney all over it. An organization who purpose appears to be to identify Americans as threat to the government. Seriously, how far are we from homeland security stopping people and asking to see their papers (say that with a thick Eastern European accent for added dramatic effect).

After 9/11, Americans opened the doors to allow the government to do this stuff. Ron Paul warned of it and he was ridiculed for it. Most didn't care because the bad guys were brown , didn't know how to groom a line beard and worked in electronics stores. They wanted those people taken care of. Then they changed the locks at the white house and a guy who might know what it feels like to be on the other side of the fence got put in charge and he doesn't seem to care too much for all the little Dick Cheney's out there. Funny how that works out, eh?

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue May 14, 2013 11:01 am

Short post...chickens coming home to roost.

On the IRS thing, it seems really local. The head of the IRS is a Bush appointee and resigned last November. The current head (who did not preside over the scandal) is just acting chief (not sure why no full chief is appointed...maybe that's caught up in filibuster too). The head of the Cincy division of the IRS also put a full stop to it once she heard that it was going on. It seems to be a very local and stupid issue.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue May 14, 2013 11:42 am

Bklyn wrote:Short post...chickens coming home to roost.

On the IRS thing, it seems really local. The head of the IRS is a Bush appointee and resigned last November. The current head (who did not preside over the scandal) is just acting chief (not sure why no full chief is appointed...maybe that's caught up in filibuster too). The head of the Cincy division of the IRS also put a full stop to it once she heard that it was going on. It seems to be a very local and stupid issue.

local as in my backyard. Glad I didn't contribute to any of those groups

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue May 14, 2013 12:05 pm

You contributed emotionally...

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue May 14, 2013 12:12 pm

LOL

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Tue May 14, 2013 12:21 pm

well, the Tea Party is the enemy, to begin with. its currency is ignorance and jingoism. 240 years ago, they would have been tories and they're too stupid to realize it.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue May 14, 2013 12:42 pm

Saint wrote:well, the Tea Party is the enemy, to begin with. its currency is ignorance and jingoism. 240 years ago, they would have been tories and they're too stupid to realize it.

they may be misguided but they aren't the enemy. A government that starts singling out its critics is the enemy of the republic.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue May 14, 2013 12:44 pm

no, the TPers are the enemy because they don't realize the true enemy which is the corporations that run the gov't. if you're not my friend, you're my enemy. should I draw up a flow chart?

BAD
Corporations>>>gov't>>>morons who side with corporations over gov't without realizing they're one and the same

GOOD
Me>>>anyone who agrees with me

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue May 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Saint wrote:no, the TPers are the enemy because they don't realize the true enemy which is the corporations that run the gov't. if you're not my friend, you're my enemy. should I draw up a flow chart?

BAD
Corporations>>>gov't>>>morons who side with corporations over gov't without realizing they're one and the same

GOOD
Me>>>anyone who agrees with me
so you'd tell those corporations to fuck themselves if one of them offered you a 150K a year job?

They wouldn't be evil if our government had the integrity to not take influence money from them.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue May 14, 2013 1:01 pm

so if you can't find someone to take part in your evil scheme then you're not evil? you need to rethink that one.

nobody's going to offer me a $150K job so that's a moot point but it doesn't change how I feel. greed is the major currency of American business and it's going to cause it to devour itself and the rest of us. it's probably nothing new in this country but it's at an extremely dangerous level now and part, a big part, of the problem is people thinking there is an inherent altruism in big business and the gov't is the bad guy. they're all bad guys.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue May 14, 2013 1:08 pm

Greed is good, but only when combined with pollution...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue May 14, 2013 1:14 pm

and nachos