Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed May 25, 2011 11:10 am

In prison, you get healthcare you know.
Take it from somebody who works in a prison. If you have a serious illness, you don't want to be treated by prison medical staff.

The only exception is HIV. Inmates get the full monty for that at thousands of dollars a month, 100% funded by the taxpayer. There are illegal immigrant inmates who have AIDS that finish their sentences, get deported, cross the border back into the US, point a gun at a bank teller, and wait for the cops to show up and take them back their old cells. They say US prisons are preferable to dying slow and painful deaths back home in Guadalajara.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed May 25, 2011 11:20 am

San Francisco may ban circumcision:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162- ... 91704.html
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2011 11:48 am

Dora wrote:I'm paying more than $500 a month for mediocre healthcare coverage. It's not terrible... they did play $$$$ for my cancer treatments. But I'm really looking forward to Medicare. If they do away with it, that would be the one thing that might lead me to buying a gun & resorting to assasination. In prison, you get healthcare you know.
Dora, I am very sorry to hear about your cancer and thank God you are still with us. That said, how does it make you feel to know that your future healthcare entitlement is impoverishing your own children and grandchildren? Because that is exactly what is happening, you are stealing from them. Because you didn't save a healthcare nest egg (but you vote) you are able to extract future wealth from your own children and grandchildren by getting government paid health care now, floating government debt, that your children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren must answer for with with their income tax dollars just to cover the interest on the debt you created.

That is Medicare, a government ponzi-scheme used to impoverish your descendants, something YOU are looking forward to....
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2011 11:56 am

Professor Tiger wrote:San Francisco may ban circumcision:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162- ... 91704.html
Guess they don't like male genital cleanliness in San Francisco.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati

Post by TheBigMook » Wed May 25, 2011 12:18 pm

They are just tired of not being able to dock properly.
THE OG SSG

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed May 25, 2011 12:18 pm

Prisoners get health care, but the price is even higher than Obammer Care imo.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2011 12:24 pm

TheBigMook wrote:They are just tired of not being able to dock properly.
man-on-man, "docking" properly (sigh)

they are missing the point on San Francisco. circumcision is an advantage, both as a young child (cleanliness) and later in adult life. in all my sexual encounters, I've never met one woman that didn't LOVE the fact that I was cut. and 3 admitted to me that they never would have done it with me if I was still wearing the birth-turtleneck. the foreskin grossed them out

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed May 25, 2011 12:30 pm

The Justice Department is set to indict former presidential candidate John Edwards on charges that he violated campaign finance laws trying to cover up an extramarital affair during the last presidential campaign, according to multiple reports.

A source close to the investigation told ABC News that Edwards is aware of the Justice Department's plans and could try to arrange a plea deal to avoid a trial.

The probe into Edwards' conduct has been ongoing for two years, and according to the Associated Press, the investigation covered his days in the Senate as well as on the presidential campaign trail.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Dora
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Dora » Wed May 25, 2011 12:31 pm

IB, I paid for my parents' Medicaid without being impoverished by it. In fact, it would have cost oodles more if I had to pay for their health care without Medicaid. I was a great mom & I did it on my own. I always made sure my kids lived in a nice home, in a decent neighborhood & got a good education. They went to college on *my* dime & graduated without humongous debts to pay off. I gave them $$ for a down payment on their house & just got back from taking the grands to Disney World. They both tell me repeatedly how grateful they are to me for all I've done & what I continue to do. They have said many times there is nothing they would not do to help me... so no I don't feel bad at all if they contribute to my healthcare in my old age.
Take life with a pinch of salt, a wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2011 12:43 pm

Dora wrote:IB, I paid for my parents' Medicaid without being impoverished by it. In fact, it would have cost oodles more if I had to pay for their health care without Medicaid. I was a great mom & I did it on my own. I always made sure my kids lived in a nice home, in a decent neighborhood & got a good education. They went to college on *my* dime & graduated without humongous debts to pay off. I gave them $$ for a down payment on their house & just got back from taking the grands to Disney World. They both tell me repeatedly how grateful they are to me for all I've done & what I continue to do. They have said many times there is nothing they would not do to help me... so no I don't feel bad at all if they contribute to my healthcare in my old age.
They are also giving you Social Security. That is another debt-based ponzi scheme. And yes, you were financially inconvenienced by your parents Medicaid because it came out of your income tax dollars. SSI, Medicare, & Medicaid, make up over 65% of our government budget (national defense another 20 to 25%.) That is 85 to 90% of ALL federal government expenditures!

Here's the deal with me, I would feel like shit to take any financial entitlement from government. I will give my children everything that I have, everything that I saved, all the things that you have done for your children. They do NOT have to give to me (nor should they feel guilty about giving to government to give to me.) It is a one-way-street, only.

Part of Christianity for me is the Protestant Work Ethic. Part of that work ethic is working and saving for the unknown future. I started building health care and retirement nest eggs when I was 19. I did that of my own free will because I was responsible. And I would have felt ashamed of myself (in my 60s) if I had to pussy-out and throw myself on the charity of government.

Dora
Sophomore

Post by Dora » Wed May 25, 2011 12:54 pm

IB, you don't have to take SS & Medicaid. Me, I've been paying all my adult life & I intend to collect until I die. If the younger generation has a problem with this, they will need to effect a change.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2011 1:07 pm

Dora wrote:IB, you don't have to take SS & Medicaid. Me, I've been paying all my adult life & I intend to collect until I die. If the younger generation has a problem with this, they will need to effect a change.
You wont let us effect change. You vote. You "get in the way." You already said you will start killing people if Paul Ryan gets his way.

I am at peace with the fact that I will probably have to pay into SSI and Medicare/Medicaid all my life and not take a penny of entitlement. But if I do that, then I want it to STOP so my children and grand children do not have to pay what I have paid. Have the Fed take all those SSI bonds and throw them in the trash.

Why can't elderly work, save, retire, sell their homes for nest eggs, and move in to a single room of the house that is owned by one of their children? No electric bill. No heating bill. No mortgage or property taxes. Nothing but their food and health care expenses (which they can cover with their nest egg.) Plus, their children get built in free baby-sitting service for the grandkids AND they have a 70, 80, or 90 year old person in their home, taking in the mail, watching the house, feeding the pets, so the kids can take their kids on vacations. It's a win-win (and doesn't cost government a dime.)

Dora
Sophomore

Post by Dora » Wed May 25, 2011 1:18 pm

IB, when you get to be old like me, you can do whatever you want. I'm also gonna do whatever I want. There is nothing you can say to change my mind. But as we old folks die off, you will be able to effect a change in the voting booth before you get to be old yourself.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Owlman » Wed May 25, 2011 3:07 pm

That said, how does it make you feel to know that your future healthcare entitlement is impoverishing your own children and grandchildren?
That said, how does it make you feel to know that your support of the military is impoverishing your own children and grandchildren?

FTFY IB.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Wed May 25, 2011 3:10 pm

That said, how does it make you feel to know that your future healthcare entitlement is impoverishing your own children and grandchildren?
That said, how does it make you feel to know that your support of health care for the impoverished is impoverishing your own children and grandchildren?

FTFY again, IB.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Wed May 25, 2011 3:11 pm

That said, how does it make you feel to know that the continuing Bush tax cuts is impoverishing your own children and grandchildren?

FTFY one more time, IB.
My Dad is my hero still.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2011 3:23 pm

Owlman wrote:
That said, how does it make you feel to know that your support of the military is impoverishing your own children and grandchildren?

FTFY IB.
(shrugs shoulders)

My children/grandchildren are incapable of killing people who mean them harm. They are capable of financing their own retirement and health care.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2011 3:23 pm

Owlman wrote:
That said, how does it make you feel to know that the continuing Bush tax cuts is impoverishing your own children and grandchildren?

FTFY one more time, IB.
This remark is asinine as they will be RICHER as a result of a tax cut.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Wed May 25, 2011 3:31 pm

nice theory, but so was the theory that the earth was flat. Both are untrue.

The Bush tax cuts massively increased the deficit (big change immediately from the Clinton administration) and the Iraq war was financed by China buying our debt.
My Dad is my hero still.

Dora
Sophomore

Post by Dora » Wed May 25, 2011 3:33 pm

they will be RICHER as a result of a tax cut
Cool. Then all you have to do is give them tax cuts while I collect my SS & Medicare. It will even out that way. :D