Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Prof Tiger & Sardis "All Things Considered" Theology Hut

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:09 pm

"Whatever happens, Christians must prepare to live in a culture that is hostile to us, and likely to become more so."

Again, if you really took the words of Jesus seriously about expecting to be mocked for your beliefs, you would already have been prepared. In fact, it would've been your starting point...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:44 pm

Coming here has been giving me practice for years.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:35 pm

hedge wrote:I don't think that "the masses" giving lip service to drunkenness and adultery, etc., as being biblically wrong is anything close to the same thing as the moral outrage we see in some quarters over homosexuality. For that matter, divorce is considered biblically wrong too, isn't it? And yet half the people that get married end up getting divorced, and nobody seems to mind at all.
I mind it. I want an Amendment to the Constitution taking away a state's right to permit unilateral divorce.
hedge wrote:Certainly you don't see many people trying to outlaw it or say that divorced people shouldn't be allowed to remarry (multiple times, even), as they are trying to say homos shouldn't be allowed to get married, although there seems to be just as much or more biblical precedent for such a opinion (i.e., that married people shouldn't be allowed to get divorced and then remarry). Why do you think that is?
The feminist imperative is why.

The cardinal virtue to feminism is a woman's right to nuke a marriage at any moment and collect cash and prizes (alimony and child support.) This is the system working as designed to keep men on their toes to make sure the woman is in total control of the household and the marriage. Lookie here...

https://dalrock.wordpress.com/2012/04/14/threatpoint/

There has actually been some studies done on how unilateral divorce law transfers headship from the man to the woman IN marriage. It is about transferring power.

http://www.eea-esem.com/papers/EEA/2005 ... e_2005.pdf

Before unilateral divorce law, if the wife wasn't haaapppy, she was not granted a divorce. So she couldn't get cash and prizes from her beta male husband in a divorce and then go live with her alpha male Chadmcstudlycock. Now, women are empowered (by law) to do this dastardly thing, thus reducing the desire that men have for marriage.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:28 am

What if the man isn't happy in the marriage?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:37 am

Jesus permitted divorce in case of sexual immorality (Matthew 5:32). Paul permitted divorce in case of abandonment (1 Cor 7:10-16) IB, on your planet, would you allow divorce in these situations? Or would they only be allowed in case the husband wants a divorce in these cases, while the wife can't divorce her husband even if he and his mistress run off to Mexico?

I would also point out that the Bible's restrictions apply not so much to divorce, but remarriage after divorce.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:55 pm

Widows are expected to become nuns, I believe, so they can be married to jesus...

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:14 pm

hedge wrote:Widows are expected to become nuns, I believe, so they can be married to jesus...
Only if their over 60. Before then they're still into fucking.

1 Timothy 5:9-11:
No widow may be put on the list of widows unless she is over sixty, has been faithful to her husband, 10 and is well known for her good deeds, such as bringing up children, showing hospitality, washing the feet of the saints, helping those in trouble and devoting herself to all kinds of good deeds. 11 As for younger widows, do not put them on such a list. For when their sensual desires overcome their dedication to Christ, they want to marry.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:40 am

hedge wrote:What if the man isn't happy in the marriage?
Too bad. Its supposed to be a CONTRACT. I believe in contracts (particularly when God is the 3rd party in them.)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:42 am

Professor Tiger wrote:Jesus permitted divorce in case of sexual immorality (Matthew 5:32). Paul permitted divorce in case of abandonment (1 Cor 7:10-16) IB, on your planet, would you allow divorce in these situations? Or would they only be allowed in case the husband wants a divorce in these cases, while the wife can't divorce her husband even if he and his mistress run off to Mexico?
If she is unfaithful, then in that case is the only grounds for divorce. That is Biblical. There are NO GROUNDS for women divorcing their husbands.
Professor Tiger wrote:I would also point out that the Bible's restrictions apply not so much to divorce, but remarriage after divorce.
Luke 16:18 is very clear.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:38 am

How do you religious types feel about Unitarianism?

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:06 am

How many Unitarians does it take to change a light bulb?

None, they accept the light bulb the way it is.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:22 am

The Unitarians built a church in Alabama. The Klan didn't like it and burned a question mark on its lawn.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:29 am

IB, Luke 16:18 is indeed very clear and proves my assertion that divorce is not so much the issue. Divorce AND REMARRIAGE is the issue. That's why Jesus said, "...and marries another..." in the verse you cited.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:34 am

And I want to make sure I understand you: If a wife runs off to Mexico with her boyfriend, her husband can divorce her. But if a husband runs off to Mexico with his mistress, the wife can't divorce him. Is that correct?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:18 am

What's wrong with adultery?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:51 am

Professor Tiger wrote:And I want to make sure I understand you: If a wife runs off to Mexico with her boyfriend, her husband can divorce her. But if a husband runs off to Mexico with his mistress, the wife can't divorce him. Is that correct?
That is correct. He ran off to Mexico with another woman so he has ABANDONED her, so that gives her an entirely new set of protections and rules that enable her. It's all in there Tiger. Wives get ONE HUSBAND unless they BURY their husbands (death.) Only death allows a woman to have a second (or third) husband.

God's word is not intended to seem fair or equal Tiger, you know that. But you also know that God's wisdom is infinite and He understands us (both men and women) far more than you or I could ever understand ourselves. So what might seem unfair or "unequal" to you or I actually makes perfect sense.... to God. That is unless you and I know a prophet who get direct revelation from God where we get an entirely NEW set of rules and regulations, right JD?

Tiger, you still haven't answered my Biblical question from many months ago about why it is so important that the wife be virgin on her wedding night? Its not a trick question but answering it might make you feel horrible about yourself which is probably why you wont answer it. Actually, you never answer ANY of my questions so what difference does it make?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:44 am

Dear lord you are a fucking nut job.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:58 am

"Wives get ONE HUSBAND unless they BURY their husbands (death.)"

What if they bury them alive?

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:04 pm

For the love of God, Montresor!
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:10 pm

"Actually, you never answer ANY of my questions so what difference does it make?"

You'd think you could take a hint...