Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Owlman » Tue May 24, 2011 2:57 am

Invest in a company that performs poorly.........

If Flip Flop argues that GM being saved from going out of business and now hiring is bad because the shareholders lost money? That's not going to go over well
My Dad is my hero still.

Gter.mn
Recruit
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Gter.mn » Tue May 24, 2011 9:13 am

Hey I have a question and maybe you can help or know one of the guys from worldcrossing that can.
One of my co-workers went to the Philipines and caught something that made his balls grow big and he had to go to the Dr.
What I want to do is link somehow the song Big Balls by AC/DC as to when he opens a word doc this starts playing.
Let me know if you know a way, this would be priceless!

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue May 24, 2011 9:55 am

In April GM became the world's number one seller of automobiles again. So what if it was because Toyota had their own troubles, or that Chevys are now all the rage in China - number one is number one. It would have been really hard for GM to be in this enviable position if they'd gone the way of, say, Lehman Bros. Too bad the bailout had to happen over the dead body of Richard Shelby - although he still looks pretty spry (must be that diet of raw fish, sushi, and other oriental delights...thank you toyota-san).
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue May 24, 2011 10:05 am

Gter.mn wrote:Hey I have a question and maybe you can help or know one of the guys from worldcrossing that can.
One of my co-workers went to the Philipines and caught something that made his balls grow big and he had to go to the Dr.
What I want to do is link somehow the song Big Balls by AC/DC as to when he opens a word doc this starts playing.
Let me know if you know a way, this would be priceless!
Since this question involves balls, Rat should field it since he has three of them. This makes him something of an expert.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati

Post by TheBigMook » Tue May 24, 2011 10:07 am

innocentbystander wrote:
Owlman wrote:
, he was against the union getting everything (which they did) at the expense of the company and
The bailout worked.
...for the union. NOT for the company (and certainly not for the bond holders or the stock holders.) You think they really want to build these Chevy Volts?

There are more union voters than ownership voters.
THE OG SSG

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue May 24, 2011 10:10 am

Owlman wrote:Invest in a company that performs poorly.........

If Flip Flop argues that GM being saved from going out of business and now hiring is bad because the shareholders lost money? That's not going to go over well
I didn't know Romney was against the bailout but is now for it. I'm not surprised. He never held a policy position he wasn't eager to reverse on a dime if it helps him get elected.

If his polls indicate that his Mormonism will cost him in Bible belt primaries, he'll instantly convert to Pentecostalism and claim he has spoken in tongues his whole life, and never really bought into the magic underwear at all.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue May 24, 2011 10:15 am

Major shareholders are the heart and soul of the country club wing of the Republican party. That argument will work big time with them. They could care less about lazy overpaid hourly working stiffs.

Gter.mn
Recruit
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Gter.mn » Tue May 24, 2011 11:17 am

As far as GM I will never buy another one ever after my last one, plus unions I am against!
10AC I was told you could assist me with my question!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue May 24, 2011 11:26 am

Go over to the MIT discussion at the goatpen and ask.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Tue May 24, 2011 11:48 am

Owlman wrote: This is a market response, not a regulatory one.
Not over there its not. Its a direct result of cutting funding which is all govt knows how to do. Cut cost? Just cut reimbursement.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Tue May 24, 2011 12:02 pm

The last time I showed up at the ER, with a kid with a tourniquet on his leg, the wait was 45 minutes (Park West, puter - surprised?).
So you are comparing a leg injury to suspected heart attacks in the triage order? Really?

They were assessed by ambulance crews as ‘very sick’ and were both suspected of having suffered heart attacks.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Tue May 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Owlman wrote:and certainly not for the bond holders or the stock holders

The exact people it shouldn't have worked for.
Not what the law said. So the people that own the company and hold the debt of the company should get screwed over?

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue May 24, 2011 12:31 pm

They are hiring? Where?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue May 24, 2011 12:33 pm

puterbac wrote:
Owlman wrote:and certainly not for the bond holders or the stock holders

The exact people it shouldn't have worked for.
Not what the law said. So the people that own the company and hold the debt of the company should get screwed over?
Exactly. The President basically broke the law with the bailout by re-arranging the bond order in which people were to be paid in bankruptcy proceedings in order to save his union constituency.

I mean seriously, what the fuck????
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Tue May 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Ahh govt education...nothing to see here..move along...ignore what they say...

Government Education Quote of the Day

By Neal Boortz

There is never a shortage of ways to demonstrate that our government education system was built to promote mediocrity. This time we use the words of one Albert Schanker. Who is Albert Schanker? He was the head of the American Federation of Teachers unions for a long, long time. I’ve told you often that Shanker once said that as president of the AFT he would worry about the children when the children could vote in union elections. Back in 1989, Shanker had this to say about government education ..

It’s time to admit that public education operates like a planned economy, a bureaucratic system in which everybody’s role is spelled out in advance and there are few incentives for innovation and productivity. It’s no surprise that our school system doesn’t improve: it more resembles the communist economy than our own market economy.

Few incentives for productivity … resembles the communist economy … this sounds like the beacon of hope for your children, doesn’t it?

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Tue May 24, 2011 1:09 pm

Lord...these kids are gonna be so fucked up....

Parents keep child's gender secret

.http://www.parentcentral.ca/parent/babi ... der-secret

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Tue May 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Karl Rove's Confidence Crisis

By Neal Boortz

I’ve mentioned this already on the show, but it is worth noting … Karl Rove’s comment that Herman Cain will not will not be the Huckabee of this election. Rove goes on to cite the fact that Huckabee had been governor and lieutenant governor. That’s all well and good. But then Karl Rove turns it back to Obama. Rove said on Monday’s “Fox & Friends”:

“Herman Cain – talk radio guy in Atlanta, former head of a national pizza chain, has a lot of excitement. But look, it’s not just your narrative on Obama. It’s not just your own personal narrative. It is what have you done in your life that gives us confidence that the vision you’re laying out is something that you can actually do.”

Did Karl Rove just imply that Herman Cain does not provide confidence that he can actually get things done ….. while Barack Obama did? What were Barack Obama’s biggest accomplishments upon declaring his candidacy for the White House:

*He was elected as a State Senator where he voted “present” 130 times. Why? Because he didn’t want to take a position on any issue that might be seen as controversial. It might affect his future political plans.

*He was elected to the U.S. Senate after hiring lawyers to kick his opponents out of the race. Again, why? Because he knew he couldn’t beat them. He kept picking them off with legal challenges until the Republicans imported Alan Keyes from Lord knows where to run against him. Didn’t turn out all that well for America.

*Obama was a Community Organizer. We learned during the presidential campaign that most of the projects he promoted and worked on as a community organizer ended up in failure. That’s pretty much where his current project is going.

*He taught in the private sector for a for a brief time … a time in which he described as being “behind enemy lines.”

What made us confident that Obama could execute his “vision” for the United States? Nothing! Meanwhile, Herman Cain has experience leading companies, leading people, being elected by private citizens to run private companies.

*He was a mathematician for the U.S. Navy
*He has an advanced degree in computer science from Purdue.
*He served as a Federal Reserve Bank chairman in Kansas City
*He was Chairman of the National Restaurant Association
*He was the CEO of Godfather’s Pizza, which he managed to turn from bankruptcy into a competitive pizza chain.

While Herman Cain was proving himself in boardrooms and creating jobs, Barack Obama was reading Marxist literature, hanging out with Communist domestic terrorists, listening to the hate-America rantings of Jeremiah Wright and smoking cigarettes. While Herman Cain was beating cancer, Now I ask you again … “It is what have you done in your life that gives us confidence that the vision you’re laying out is something that you can actually do?” While Herman Cain was beating cancer Obama was planning his “radical transformation of America.”

On no planet in our solar system there is no life form so absolutely devoid of reason power as to suggest that Barack Obama, at this point in his first campaign, was as qualified for the office of the presidency as is Herman Cain.

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Tue May 24, 2011 1:22 pm

CHOICE: Study shows girls increasingly aborted in India...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/ ... 4-06-48-11

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue May 24, 2011 1:34 pm

Just like China In both countries, even the ugly girls have lots of suitors.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Tue May 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Gtrmn,

What's your email?
Let 'er Blow!