eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by eCat » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:27 pm

Dan Kane is awesome
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:23 pm

No. He is a hack who keeps repackaging the same bullshit and acting like it is new for two years.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:03 pm

DooKSucks wrote:No. He is a hack who keeps repackaging the same bullshit and acting like it is new for two years.
no, I'm pretty sure he is awesome.

What should be more troubling is that the UNC faculty keeps disputing the facts that the UNC administration keeps laying out in an attempt to put the scandal to bed.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:00 pm

What has that hack said now?
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:15 pm

DooKSucks wrote:What has that hack said now?

For the first half of the last decade, independent studies offered by the Department of African and Afro-American Studies were a regular go-to class for men’s basketball players at UNC-Chapel Hill.

In one year alone, when the team won the 2005 NCAA championship, basketball players accounted for 15 enrollments, university records show.

Two years later, members of the team all but disappeared from those classes, which did not meet and typically required a paper or research project at the end. UNC-CH records show just one basketball player took an independent study from the department in the past five years.

A university athletic department spokesman attributed the decline to a waning interest in African studies among basketball players. But evidence is emerging that officials within the department and within the academic support program for athletes started having concerns about independent studies in 2006, just as The New York Times published a lengthy story about an independent study scandal involving athletes at Auburn University.........................................

For the first half of the last decade, independent studies offered by the Department of African and Afro-American Studies were a regular go-to class for men’s basketball players at UNC-Chapel Hill.

In one year alone, when the team won the 2005 NCAA championship, basketball players accounted for 15 enrollments, university records show.

Two years later, members of the team all but disappeared from those classes, which did not meet and typically required a paper or research project at the end. UNC-CH records show just one basketball player took an independent study from the department in the past five years.

A university athletic department spokesman attributed the decline to a waning interest in African studies among basketball players. But evidence is emerging that officials within the department and within the academic support program for athletes started having concerns about independent studies in 2006, just as The New York Times published a lengthy story about an independent study scandal involving athletes at Auburn University.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/12/08/ ... rylink=cpy

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:14 pm

DS is partly right. A lot of the information has been known for two years. What he's missing is that faculty are now coming out and saying that U*NC's administration knew about the fraudulent classes and did nothing about them. U*NC's party line has always been that there were a couple of individuals that made some honest mistakes that were a little outside the rules but that everything else in Hole-land was pure as the driven snow. What the new articles are showing is that that not only was the fraud known about, but that it was condoned, supported and planned by the U*Nc administration all the way up to the chancellor, and that the fraud was for the express purpose of keeping athletes eligible, and that it was truly fraud. Not a mistake, not a clerical error, but pure-T fraud. This my friends is the true Carolina way. Win at all cost while promoting yourself as a bastion of academic/athletic purity all while making a mockery of the idea of the "student-athlete".
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:19 pm

augie, if the admin at UNC knew about these issues and the athletic dept. knew about these issues, I agree that UNC should be hammered down for, as you say, pure-T fraud and cheating.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:21 pm

but I also think the idea of "student-athlete" pertaining to big money sports, ie, men's bb and football, well, mostly football, is also a fraud. it's time to pay football players or else end the tax-exempt status of university athletic departments

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:27 pm

Saint wrote:augie, if the admin at UNC knew about these issues and the athletic dept. knew about these issues, I agree that UNC should be hammered down for, as you say, pure-T fraud and cheating.

you need to read that link to his article

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:42 pm

"Win at all cost while promoting yourself as a bastion of academic/athletic purity"

How should you portray yourself if that's what you're doing? As a cheater? "Hey, look at us! We're breaking the rules and we don't care who knows it!" I'm not saying we knowingly broke rules up to the highest levels of the administration (I don't know), but I am saying anybody doing such a thing would be a fool to not obfuscate about it. Nobody likes a cheater, but a cheatin fool is even worser...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:03 pm

I like the obfuscatin'. it keeps the Augies of the world hot under the collar.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:17 pm

talk about obfuscatin'

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball- ... --nba.html

the bigger lie in this story is that Jordan was the 3rd pick of the '84 draft. everyone knows he was No. 1.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:40 pm

hedge wrote:"Win at all cost while promoting yourself as a bastion of academic/athletic purity"

How should you portray yourself if that's what you're doing? As a cheater? "Hey, look at us! We're breaking the rules and we don't care who knows it!" I'm not saying we knowingly broke rules up to the highest levels of the administration (I don't know), but I am saying anybody doing such a thing would be a fool to not obfuscate about it. Nobody likes a cheater, but a cheatin fool is even worser...
true, but you don't have to go around bragging about how great you are when you're actually cheating worse than anybody. However I understand that the misdirection is part of what makes the whole scheme works but don't act surprised at the schadenfreude of your victims.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:49 pm

Saint wrote:augie, if the admin at UNC knew about these issues and the athletic dept. knew about these issues, I agree that UNC should be hammered down for, as you say, pure-T fraud and cheating.
Stu, who do you think Prof Nagyaro's boss was for the majority of the fraud classes? Do you really think there's any possibility that thousands of athletes went through hundreds of fraud classes bolstered by hundreds of tutors in a multi-million dollar academic support facility without the powers that be knowing about it? Who told Nagaro to set up the fraud classes? Who authorized payment to him for classes he didn't teach? Who told Crowder to forge signatures and change grades? Who set up the system of independent study classes with limits of one student only for those classes to be filled with dozens of athletes?

There are 88! articles about U*NC's cheating linked from the N&O, read a few of them.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:11 pm

I have and Kane has cut a few corners

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:27 pm

and those are?

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:55 pm

I'm more interested in what Gov. Martin and the commission has to say than what Dan Kane writes for entertainment purposes.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:06 pm

Why? Martian is just going to follow the script given him by Thorpe and the other PTB. We've already seen that dozens of times and we know it's complete bullshit.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:33 am

"true, but you don't have to go around bragging about how great you are when you're actually cheating worse than anybody."

That's almost a textbook definition of obfuscation...

"However I understand that the misdirection is part of what makes the whole scheme works but don't act surprised at the schadenfreude of your victims."

Victims!! LMAO...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.