Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Uncle Bud

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:28 pm

It's for me to decide if you're stupid and I decided that a long time ago. And you've done nothing in the interim to disabuse me of my conclusion. Quite the contrary...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:37 pm

Does marriage matter? Does marriage give people a leg up in life? If it does, then why do you want a law on the books in every state that essentially takes marriage away from the specific demographic of people who need marriage, the most? Because that is what that law has done, prevented so many would be marriages from ever being created.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:41 pm

"Does marriage give people a leg up in life?"

It certainly makes it harder to get some leg, but you wouldn't know anything about that, you sniveling, groveling eunuch...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:13 pm

staying together for the sake of the children isn't always a good idea.
Inevitably the anger between the two parents comes out in front of the kids, maybe the dad cheats, maybe the mom cheats, maybe there is violence - your kids get to see the worst of you and could very well be on the receiving end of that in a particularly bad time.

Then think about the life lessons it teaches the kid - its ok to cheat on your spouse, its ok to berate your spouse and demean them, you don't respect the person you are with, and god forbid a child sees domestic violence. They grow up with a very warped definition of love.

I"m not the morality police but if you are putting your kids first by staying together then you owe it to them to raise them in a happy loving home.

At the same token, you want your daughter in a marriage where the husband cheats on her, comes home drunk and wails on her? To stay with a man who turns out to be a worthless son of a bitch because of some notion of staying in a bad marriage based on some 1700's notion of manhood?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:35 pm

all of those are reasons for divorce based on FAULT. I am talking about getting rid of no-fault-divorce. Divorce because you are no longer haaaappppppy anymore or not in love anymore of if-you-don't-do-this-or-that-for-me-then-I-will-divorce-you-and-take-half, that doesn't work for me.

yes, sometimes we need divorce. but all your reasons were fault based. That law has always been on the books and with good reason. But that was not part of this discussion. apples and oranges, eCat.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:53 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:53 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:35 pm all of those are reasons for divorce based on FAULT. I am talking about getting rid of no-fault-divorce. Divorce because you are no longer haaaappppppy anymore or not in love anymore of if-you-don't-do-this-or-that-for-me-then-I-will-divorce-you-and-take-half, that doesn't work for me.

yes, sometimes we need divorce. but all your reasons were fault based. That law has always been on the books and with good reason. But that was not part of this discussion. apples and oranges, eCat.
yea, but at fault is just about being punitive

he fucked around so I get the porsche

no, whatever happened, it was a shitty marriage, end it, divide up the assets and get on with your life
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:38 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:53 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:35 pm all of those are reasons for divorce based on FAULT. I am talking about getting rid of no-fault-divorce. Divorce because you are no longer haaaappppppy anymore or not in love anymore of if-you-don't-do-this-or-that-for-me-then-I-will-divorce-you-and-take-half, that doesn't work for me.

yea, but at fault is just about being punitive

he fucked around so I get the porsche

no, whatever happened, it was a shitty marriage, end it, divide up the assets and get on with your life
if he "fucked around" then there is FAULT. you do not need to get a "no-fault-divorce" if he "fucked around."

The whole point of divorce is to BE punitive. Its supposed to be that way. Its punishment. It is granted because the state government must intervene in a marriage because at least one person was behaving terribly toward their spouse. What is wrong with getting something that is punitive against someone who deserves it?

No-fault-divorce is created by state government to alter the dynamics of the marriage. It exists because in so many cases, no one has any grounds for divorce. They are just not happy and they want out. If you don't make me happy at all times, I'll take half, fuck you. That is not marriage eCat. That is bullshit. NO ONE should be able to hold a threatpoint over their spouse to make them happy at all times. Don't you get it?

If a couple gets married, and one person wants OUT, but the other person hasn't done anything dreadful, then you leave with the clothes on your back. You get ZERO. That is the way it is supposed to be.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:43 pm

Why do they get to keep the clothes on their back? Why not make them leave naked?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:41 am

well, that's not going back on the shelf

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:46 am

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:47 pm

#1 reason why primary and secondary education is RUINED in the United States illustrated in just 56 seconds

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:14 pm

I'm kinda surprised you didn't come right out and say that the #1 reason primary and secondary education is so fucked up is b/c we started letting black people attend school, but we all know that's what you meant. Or maybe you meant it's b/c we started letting little girls go to school. Probably both...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:19 pm

yeah you would think that.

(sigh)

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:02 pm

"Cookie dough can explodes in woman's vagina".

Wonder if she needs some frosting on those cookies.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:58 pm

Lady, when a policeman asks you any questions, do not answer them.

And do not let them look in your backpack without a warrant.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:58 pm

Bet she was pretty wet.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:58 pm

I'm kind of in the mood to eat a clam now.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:59 pm

Sounds like the cops were the ones with some sand down there.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:59 pm

Hope the red tide wasn't in.