The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Uncle Bud

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:36 pm

hedge wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:10 am "Caleb interviews a whore on her financial situation"

Yeah, nobody besides you is going to spend an hour (or 5 minutes) watching that. Can you give us the Cliff Notes version?
She maxed out 5 credit cards, she makes the minimum payment on each, she spends $6500/month of the money she gets from her Johns with nothing to show for it, and she has no assets and no willingness to alter her behavior. She has no money to pay the IRS. And she thinks everything is funny.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:53 pm

Is she your daughter? Who gives a fuck?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:54 pm

I know plenty of dumbfucks who do shit like this. Men boys, women, girls. Plenty of stupid people of all types, whats so special about her?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:30 pm

aTm wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:54 pm I know plenty of dumbfucks who do shit like this. Men boys, women, girls. Plenty of stupid people of all types, whats so special about her?
What makes her special? Because she was willing to sit there for 60 minutes while an intelligent human being shamed her irrational, childish behavior, on video recording. All these stupid people of all types that you know do shit like this, are they willing to be man enough or woman enough to be shamed in this way?

I know way too many stupid people as well aTm but they KNOW that what they are doing is stupid and no way would they consent to be humiliated like this.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:32 pm

took my daughter to 5 guys today

2 burgers, 1 order of regular fries (enough for 2 people) and 2 regular drinks plus a 10% tip was $31

$31 for two burgers. Its not a new revelation for me, I've known the prices are up everywhere.

I used to balk at prepared meals at stores as being too pricey. Now I load up.

Last week we got chicken & spinach alfredo lasagna for $14, get a $3 loaf of Italian bread and its a meal for 4 people.

We got a gyro kit with lamb and beef to make 6 gyros for $13

We've really cut back on how much we eat out, especially fast food now. Even Taco Bell , the lowest common denominator food, averages about $9 per.

$4.99 roasted chickens at Costco or Sams, we buy 2, eat one for dinner and then pull the meat off the other for sandwiches or a rice dish.

A $14 lasagna seems like a bargain now

Tonight we had Red Beans and Rice with smoked sausage, and sweet corn bread. It was about $15 and we used name brand on everything.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:49 pm

when minimum wage hits $13/hour (which it has) restaurants make you pay an arm and a leg for a fucking hamburger. Or, don't go out. You can choose NOT to eat out (wife and I have largely done that since becoming empty nesters) but restaurants don't give a fuck if you don't show up to buy since we are in a 0% unemployment situation with the low end "Mc-Jobs" (managers just want the person to show up on time and not high.) They can't even get that anymore. NOW, its I hope the person I hired bothers to show up (even if they are on so much meth their teeth are about to fall out of their gums) to cook you that $9 hamburger or else, DON'T come to patronize. Managers are working 70+ hours a week (10+ hours a day, every day, every week) because they have NO ONE to yell at. They have no authority (none) to reprimand bad workers because they have no workers.

Have you been in a fast food pizza joint lately? Count how many they have on the line painting pizzas. Its like, one, maybe two. And that person is NOT going to answer the phone. The order comes from an APP online and appears on the screen and that is it. They will eventually get to the register to take your order, but you aren't getting the coupons that you get when you order online. And forget the burger joints. There used to be 12 people behind the counter, many of them standing around smiling at you. Now? Heh. Maybe three or four. Only ONE of those four working an actual register. And expensive restaurants it maybe even worse. I have seen 90 minute waits for a table.

Costco is defeating this by forcing (well strongly encouraging) you to use the kiosk for food court ordering. That will only increase geometrically as the demand for labor constantly increases. You want to succeed in food service, be a technology company that sells food or you are likely going out of business (for lack of labor.)

I get it, inflation is killer. So we cook at home just like you do. But more than that, we cook at home because so many of the damn restaurants in my neck of the woods have cut down on business hours such that the manager can actually work every day, from open to close OR so that the manager can have maybe one day off in seven. Its that bad.

I have my suspicious (at a macro-economic level) but there is no one obvious reason as to why we have this insane labor shortage along with this ridiculous rental shortage on affordable apartments. I think there are a multitude of reasons that when you add them all up, it explains why there is a help wanted sign in every damn window.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:58 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:52 pm

that is Chicago
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:34 pm

"What makes her special? Because she was willing to sit there for 60 minutes while an intelligent human being shamed her irrational, childish behavior"

You've been sitting in here for years being shamed for your irrational, childish behavior...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:36 pm

"We've really cut back on how much we eat out"

If only you would take that sentence to heart after leaving out the last word in it...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:16 pm

nope

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:08 pm

Nobody cries when fatty dies....

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:02 am

My wife is a little behind the inflation curve. The only fast food she'll eat is Chick fil A and Panera Bread and doesn't go that often. Every Christmas she likes to put gift cards of our favorite places to eat as stocking stuffers. The card amounts are $10. My son's favorite place is 5 guys and she gives him a $10 gift card and gives me a $10 Waffle House card. That don't cover my Texas Bacon Patty Melt with Hasbrowns and unsweet tea. I told her she is behind about 5 years. I guess the positive thing is that there is no balance left on the cards that you end up never using.

Speaking of CHick Fil-A and Waffle House, they seem to be able to get workers and not miss a beat compared to other places. I know Chick Fil-A draws form the child labor of the homeschool scene, but not sure how Waffle House does it for 3 shifts a day, 7 days a week and there are about ten of them in Greenville SC. Prisons? Mental Hospitals? I don't care how they do it, I'm glad they are still running.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:17 pm

I'm always amazed at the quality of people that Chick-Fil-A gets.

Must be something to being closed on Sundays

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:17 pm

hedge wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:08 pm Nobody cries when fatty dies....
tell that to Golden Corral

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:05 pm

sardis wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:02 am Speaking of CHick Fil-A and Waffle House, they seem to be able to get workers and not miss a beat compared to other places. I know Chick Fil-A draws form the child labor of the homeschool scene, but not sure how Waffle House does it for 3 shifts a day, 7 days a week and there are about ten of them in Greenville SC. Prisons? Mental Hospitals? I don't care how they do it, I'm glad they are still running.
From a restaurant standpoint, I believe their business model is one that requires far less labor than a restaurant of that size. The waitresses often wind up doing the work of cooks. So you could stay open 24-by-7 with a skeleton crew, a shift far smaller that would normally be required to staff that restaurant.

Another benefit is the clientele is almost entirely working men, age 35 to 65. This particular demographic just happens to be the best possible "tippers" in the restaurant industry. Very old people on fixed income tip lightly. Women tip lightly and scrutinize the service too much, and teens rarely tip at all! You don't see them at the Waffle House. So the wait staff knows that the people that come there, they are going to get 20 to 25% (or more) when they turnover the table.

And yet another benefit is how quickly you can turn the tables over. People go to Waffle House (and tip their 20%) and leave in (say) 30 minutes. Or less. Waitstaff working on tips, its not the size of the bill that gets them the money, its the number of customers you serve in your shift. Waffle House's business model is excellent in giving its employees a constant and consistent flow of customers who go in, and leave, non-stop. Compare that to eCat's "golden corral" example and you will see clients who come in, sit around all day, hit the buffet chow line three times, leave after 90 minutes of gorging, and leave a couple bucks for a tip. Where would you rather bus tables?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:38 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:14 pm

planning an event at a hotel next month for several hundred people. Got the menu sent to us today.

part of my job now is to interact more with the event team who does the meal and entertainment planning.

here are some random prices to show you where things are inflation wise

unlimited soda at 2 breaks during the day - out for 30 minute at each break is $25 per person (plus tax and 18% surcharge)

grab and go lunch which consists of a variety of panera type sandwiches, a bag of chips, a cookie and a bottle water - $65 per person (plus tax and 18% surcharge)

cheese and vegetable tray - $33 per person- available for 30 minutes

hummus and fruit spreads - $28 per person - available for 30 minutes

bar drinks - premium $14, house $12 per drink - no open bar is available, plus $200 per hour for servers

I did some quick math - we're going to drop $198,000 plus tax and 18% for 4 days to support two soda breaks and one afternoon snack break

I haven't even looked at the prices of the formal dinner we have planned.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:07 pm

Just wait until your daughter gets married...

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:17 pm

So that's why I'm paying $7 for a carton of eggs.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor