Moderators: Dr. Strangelove, AlabamAlum, innocentbystander

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: North Carolina Tar Heels

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:03 pm

Gentlemen, despite the consensus Top 25 rankings and Phil Steele losing his damn mind when it comes to UNC (he has a history of doing this), the Tar Heels are in serious fucking trouble.

There is a high likelihood that the starting left tackle will be a true freshman.

The center position and right side of the line is in some transition as well.

There will likely be two redshirt freshmen starting on the defensive line. Yes, the 4-2-5 runs a de as a hybrid de/lb (not unlike an outside LB in a 3-4), but the small stature of this line is astounding.

Fall camp concluded today and despite the fact that Marquise Williams showed a lot of promise against scrub competition in the second half of the season (Dook--FUCKING DOOK--was the best opponent we played in the second half, and it wasn't even close.), no starting quarterback has been named.

Liberty (August 30): Win. The Fighting Falwells may be hoping for a miracle out of the Book of Revelation, but it isn't happening.

San Diego State (September 6): Likely Win. This has trap game written all over it. The Heels should win on paper, but this team is young and will overlook opponents. This game scares me.

East Carolina (September 20): Toss Up. This could be a barn burner. If the Heels don't stop Carden, it will be a long night in Greenville. The Heels should win this game if they focus and prepare accordingly, but they didn't last year. It was sad.

Clemson (September 27): Likely Loss. This won't be as bad as the past two trips (two trips I regrettably made), but I don't see how the Heels pull this one out unless they have a lot of lucky breaks go their way and move the ball. Clemson loses a lot on offense, but they're going to have a stellar defense.

Virginia Tech (October 4): Toss Up. This one is too close to call. I am hoping the Heels do the Lord's Work and trounce that lying sack of shit Beamer, but VT has a fucking horseshoe up their arse.

Notre Dame (October 11): Toss Up. Yeah, Notre Dame is better on paper, but aside from the four leaf clover that was lodged up Brian Kelly's ass in 2012, Kelly has consistently failed to impress there. The Heels' spread offense might just lead the Heels to victory for the first time ever in South Bend and set the wheels in motion for another Notre Dame coaching search debacle.

Georgia Tech (October 18): Win. There. I said it. The Heels will beat Georgia Tech for the first time since 2008 and only the third time since the 90's (Yeah, we have really sucked). The years of recruiting woes will leave Georgia Tech without the horses to run the option effectively. The GT Defense will have issues with the UNC offense. Carolina will win 34-27. Paul Johnson will have a heart attack and enter cardiac arrest.

Virginia (October 25): Likely Win. Is Mike London still the coach in Charlottesville? I just don't see the Heels dropping this one, but after three straight losses to UNC, the 'Hoos will be ready. I am hoping they are dejected and in the midst of coaching turmoil by the time UNC rolls north.

Miami (November 1): Toss Up. The Heels will be hungry, and there is no way that Miami will have as much luck as last season. However, they have Duke Johnson at running back, and Mother Teresa's corpse could run for 100 yards against the UNC DL. So, UNC could lose this one late in a game where Miami just wears the Heels down by pounding the ball.

Pittsburgh (November 15): Win. Yes, Pitt will want revenge for last year, but I just don't see them pulling it off in Chapel Hill.

Dook (November 20): Toss-Up. I miss the days when this was a guaranteed win. That bastard Cutcliffe (I only call him a bastard because of his employer. He seems like a decent person) has done more there than anyone thought possible. The Heels will be coming off of a game five days earlier against Pitt, but Dook will have a big game against VT. There is a possibility for a letdown from both teams (especially Dook since they will be playing a pivotal division game...that's sad but true), but I don't see it happening. This game will be filled with cheap shots from Dook and a few sporting actions from Tar Heels players.

NCSU (November 27): Win. Doeren has Shadrach Thornton at RB, but Thornton will likely find a way to get arrested between now and then. This game will have all of the love and affection one would expect from such an in-state rivalry. State will be pumped up after the Heels thoroughly mocked the Woofies (and deservedly so) following last year's game, but I don't see State having the horses to stay ahead long term without some major UNC miscues.

Best Case Scenario:

Overall: 10-2 (6-2) Coastal Champions

Bowl: Orange. FSU goes to the Final Four and we go to the Orange (Orange has to have an ACC team even if the conference champion is in the semi-finals) to party on South Beach like Don Johnson circa 1986.

Homer Projection:

Overall: 9-3 (5-3)

Bowl: Russell Athletic. Get your mouse ears out, bitches. We're going to Orlando.

Realistic:

Overall: 7-5/8-4 (4-4) (ECU is the swing game)

Bowl: Nashville. Hee Haw. Let's stop by Dollywood on the way into town!
Last edited by DooKSucks on Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by aTm » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:14 pm

I thought you were a fan of the other Carolina fan when it came to football...
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:18 pm

That preview is coming later...

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:10 pm

Hey DS, you are not nearly as fucked as BC is.

Did your starting offense have nine fucking turnovers in your intra-squad scrimmage on Saturday? If not, would you care to guess which ACC team did?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:20 pm

How are we in serious trouble if the best case scenario is 10-2?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:35 pm

That's the best case scenario, and it is highly unlikely. This is a 7 or 8 win club, and when your coach is in his third year, that is concerning. Then again, Spurrier's third year at SC was a 6-6 disaster, and Saban "only" went 10-3 in his third year.

KeviNole
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by KeviNole » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:18 am

Jesus H Christ, you play in the easiest division in the P5. I'm just hoping every damn team in the division goes 4-4....hell it's possible.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:56 am

KeviNole wrote:Jesus H Christ, you play in the easiest division in the P5. I'm just hoping every damn team in the division goes 4-4....hell it's possible.
Well, with our lines in flux like they are, I would call 5-7/6-6 in a good division. However, we're headed to 4-4 in conference and 3-1 in non-conference with a loss at ECU.

JRB
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Michigan

More trouble for UNC football...

Post by JRB » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:30 am

"Reserving judgements is a matter of infinite hope." F. Scott Fitzgerald

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:08 pm

Jesus. This team needs help. Fedora needs to scrap the two qb bullshit and let a starter established a rhythm. The defense fucking sucks. I hope this was just a case of Week One jitters, but I am afraid this is just a continuation of past issues. The stupid penalties are still killing us as well.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:07 am

DooKSucks wrote:Jesus. This team needs help. Fedora needs to scrap the two qb bullshit and let a starter established a rhythm. The defense fucking sucks. I hope this was just a case of Week One jitters, but I am afraid this is just a continuation of past issues. The stupid penalties are still killing us as well.
uuuuhhh, didn't you just kick the living crap out of Liberty?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

dave_rickart
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Virginia

Post by dave_rickart » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:55 am

DS is back to rooting for UNC football?
Home of the 2019 National Champions.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:05 am

Confusing

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:50 am

Liberty was ahead by one midway through the third quarter. UNC then scored 21 in three minutes to put the game out of reach. Liberty put together some long drives and was able to run against the DL. UNC never put together any clock eating drives. The eight scoring drives took a total of ten minutes. The defense needs more help and production. We are in trouble.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:39 pm

ECU just scored again...

billy bob bocephus
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by billy bob bocephus » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:22 pm

too bad augie is no longer around to add insightful commentary on the current academic issues

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:48 am

What are we up to? Something like 13,000 cases of academic fraud over 20 years?

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:54 am

Anyone have a clip of SNL making fun of the UNC scandal?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

SnoodGator
Sophomore

Post by SnoodGator » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:57 pm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:29 pm

20 years of cheating, now it all makes sense. I'd never heard about North Carolina in 1994.