Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Uncle Bud

Post by sardis » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:24 pm

DS, my wife had a similar situation with her father. The guy abused her mother and after the divorce he was bitter that he had to support his own 3 children that he didn't speak to her hardly the rest of his life. But when he got parkinson's and was getting in car accidents with his house in such disrepair that it was condemned when he moved out, she had to deal with getting him into a home despite his antics and calling the cops on her, etc. Her and her sister felt it was their duty to society to get him in a home. He was only in his 60's, but had zero friends. There was only 7 of us at his funeral. His brother wouldn't even show up.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:26 pm

I just rolled my mom out onto the highway.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:45 pm

When I am finally taking meds, can't drive, and I'm shitting myself, put me in Depends and send me to some senior village, somewhere. I don't care if it cost $6000 or $7000 a month, it will be worth it. Give me a golf-cart (where I am not going to run anyone over) that drives along a paved path to the senior center cafeteria so I can get my shrimp and lobster dinner at 3 o'clock. I'll sign up for all the senior center sponsored cruises and vacations with all the other old farts, just bus us all to the airport and chaperone our fat, flabby, octogenarian asses, right to the ship.

I am all over this shit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Villages,_Florida

That is the way to finish up your life.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:19 pm

yea, we all have to go thru this at some point I guess

I know when my sister decided to ask my mom to move in with her she was in her early 50's and probably thought she could handle it. You don't think about your mom living to be 90 and your facing 70 and can barely get around yourself

They turned part of their basement into a really nice apartment for her - crown molding, etc

Mom's had a couple of strokes and can't focus very well now. She left something on the stove and burned up her kitchen. They are lucky she didn't burn down my sister's house.

I kinda got a taste of that as a recipient when I had that amnesia issue 2 years ago. I suspect my wife was already thinking of having to put me in managed care about 2 hours into it. I know if the situation was reversed I would have been "you're gonna have to shut the fuck up with repeating the same question every 20 seconds". She was a saint for putting up with for a day. I guess the silver lining of that would have been every 30 seconds or so I would have forgot where I was so there's that.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:21 pm

I forgot that you and Cameron Crazy are somehow related/connected
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:57 pm

Aren't we all related to DS?

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:02 pm

DS, I'm sorry to hear that about your mom. That sucks. No parent should ever say shit about an adult child's spouse/significant other or even boyfriend/girlfriend, unless there is some sort of abuse going on. We're not thrilled about the oldest child's fiance (they're getting married in May) but would never say anything to her about how we feel. She seems happy with this dork and that's really the only thing a parent should worry about...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:26 pm

An adjunct professor who wasn't granted Tenure?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/forme ... d=msedgntp
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:19 am

I always knew my family was odd and different, but I never knew what a fucked up shit show of dysfunction it was until I married my wife and was around some far more adjusted families and peers.

I’m still luckier than most, and I am thankful for the any good things.

My childhood wasn’t always pleasant in terms of what I saw / heard / experienced at home, but in my line of work, I see situations far more fucked up. Despite how fucked my family is and how bad things were in my home at times, I was far luckier than most in that I was given great opportunities and experienced many things that most of my peers back home in Grantham did not.

I tried multiple times to make things right, but my mother told me she would never apologize each time. She has no relationship with our daughter because I refuse to allow someone in my child’s life who is disrespectful of my child’s mother, and I make it abundantly clear my wife takes priority. I have told my mother I wanted her in our lives but just wanted an apology. She told me she would never apologize. My mom married some big eared faggot who is a self-righteous retired officer and religious nut job along with being fucking weird, and he has worsened things. Now the sycophantic bastard child raised by my great uncle has slithered her way into my mom’s life, and my half sister is happy to stir the pot to make sure I don’t get my family’s home place without having to buy part of it from my sister because she’s a cunt.

So, even though my mom and I don’t talk, I’m still thankful for the good things, and the same goes for my half sister.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:40 am

my best friends brother had their mom change her will, clearly with some level of dimentia, letting her believe that the family farm, 400+ acres and a nice 2 story house, a guest house they rent, and a multi-year farming contract was worth what they paid for it in 1951, and giving it to him in the will while she gave the son the money she had in the bank - something like $150K which she is spending on nursing care, etc. and to add insult to injury, when the sister found out about the arrangement and realizing the brother had screwed her out of her getting the guest house with the adjoining land, she took $60K out of the mothers savings as a down payment on her own place.

The brother then , for reasons unknown to anyone, decided to trash the place, like filling the swimming pool in with garbage , letting his cats live in the house unsupervised, his wife taking the good furniture in the house and swapping it out with their white trash shit.

After some heated arguments, my friend decided to get the mother and bring her back to her home under the guise of "wouldn't it be great to see the homeplace" and showed her what the brother had done. She threw a fit, the brother got pissed about the ambush, and everyone hated each other. Lawyers got involved at some point.

last year the brother's wife died. The brother died 3 weeks ago while Mom is still going strong in assisted living at the age of 99. I asked my friend if he went to the funeral and he said yes, only because I'm responsible for mom. He also told me the brothers kids were so ashamed of what their parents had done, they all stayed a few days after the funeral to help clean up the property with him. They rented a dumpster.

I believe in karma

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:49 am

Today is 2/2/22. Numerical palindrome!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:26 am

I made my mom put my sister back in her will. I hate the bitch and she didn't do a fucking thing to help but I just couldn't do that to her. Still wish I didn't.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:18 pm

hedge wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:49 am Today is 2/2/22. Numerical palindrome!
2/22/22 is on a Tuesday. Take the day off.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:41 pm

My half sister has always been the favorite despite being lazy and manipulative, and my half sister convinced my mother I was trying to screw my mother out of money and the house when I convinced my mom to see a neurologist about memory issues. Then, my mother became enraged that we did not name our daughter after my mother and because I refused to allow my half-sister attend the two-planned baby showers (only one happened because of this) because my half-sister has been so rude to my wife and disrespected my grandmother and father while they were dying and at their funerals. So, that's when everything started in full.

A lot of shit has happened and this was just the tip of the iceberg. My mother has seen my child one time, when the baby was four days old, and has not seen the child since. My mother claimed she had covid a few weeks prior and did not need to hold the baby (this was late March 2020) and then flipped out when she saw pictures of my mother in law holding the baby. I have told my mother that she is not going to be a part of my child's life when she refuses to acknowledge the child's mother, refuses to apologize to the child's mother and refuses to stop lying about the child's mother. I have tried to make peace multiple times. In April, I met with my mom in person and she told me that she would never apologize to my wife and that if she never saw my child or me "then so be it," but at the same time, I am always receiving screenshots from people showing my mother, half-sister and the cretin bastard harridan ranting on facebook about how I am a horrible person because I keep my child away from my mother for no reason. So, there are lot of people who think I am a bastard because they don't know what has happened.

Every now and then my mother will call to say she is going to give me the farm and my family's home as promised because it is the right thing to do, but I know it is a lie. She just wants to hang it over my head to manipulate me. Then, a few days later, my mom will call screaming and cursing and telling me I will never see my farm and will never have one dime of the money, and her husband has done likewise. They then start calling me a coward because I didn't join the army because a real man is someone like that lunatic husband because he was wounded in combat (I hope his troops fragged him). So, yeah....

My half sister has always been rude to my wife, refused to come to my grandmother's death bed when my grandmother asked to see her one last time ("i'm too busy" to make it), showed up late to my grandmother's funeral wearing shorts and some sort of tank top, refused to bring the children to see my father as he laid dying because he wanted to see them one last time and would cry begging to see them (again "I'm too busy"), and then showed up to my dad's funeral late. My grandmother treated her with the same love and affection she showed her biological grandchildren. Despite the fact that they had a rocky relationship for the first twenty years of my parents' marriage, my father bought that girl a car when her own piece of shit dad was too sorry to do it (and she lived with her dad at that time), and my father treated those grandkids like they were his own. I dealt with my sister's selfishness and bullshit until that happened.

There is so fucking much I could talk about, and this stuff isn't even the tip of the iceberg.

Still, I am lucky. Things weren't always horrible, and I was far more fortunate than the majority of children in terms of the opportunities afforded me. However, I refuse to allow my family's craziness to continue and my child will not be raised in a household like I experienced.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:52 pm

My sister moved to California just as my dad got sick in 91 and didn't move back until mom was finally in a home in 13. You know how those years went for me. When she moved back it was under the cover of darkness while I was with my kids on Hilton Head for 2 weeks. I found out via my ex. The only time I've seen her since 94 was the weeks surrounding moms passing in 15 and a week out there in 06. I have no interest either.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:27 am

This almost seems staged, but who would do such a thing?

Video captures wild road rage encounter on NC highway. ‘He’s going to kill somebody!’

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/state ... 04398.html

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:48 pm

Babushka Battalion

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ba ... d=msedgntp

79 year old women defending Ukraine.

Yes. Yes, this is what happens when you live in a nation where the Total Fertility Rate is a Black Death level 1.23 births per woman and all the men in your country are dead at age 66 to alcohol psychosis and the few men that remain, they see their hottest women exported into the United States to marry some fat, 45 year old, techie nerd, virgin, US marriage Visa style. The Ukranian Babushkas are all that remain to wield a rifle.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:56 pm

Clueless

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:46 am

hedge wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:27 am This almost seems staged, but who would do such a thing?

Video captures wild road rage encounter on NC highway. ‘He’s going to kill somebody!’

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/state ... 04398.html
I watched that a few days ago, a cop pulled him over at the end. I didn't know about any follow up afterward. I guess it could be staged but it was crazy wreckless if it was considering the other people on the interstate

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:35 am

That's real life right there