Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Uncle Bud

Post by eCat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:09 pm

I've been pro union since I felt I was capable of understanding the economy and wages.

but when you have both parties readily willing to let millions of unskilled labor flood the market, then you will have low wages as a by product. We are importing poverty to this country.

We have politicians who are paid $180k a year in Washington but leave as multi millionaires on both sides of the aisle. They aren't getting rich off the voters. its the business that pays thems, and in part its because business doesn't profit from a worker shortage and increased wages.

To say any of this is the fault of one party , IMO, is a severe lack of understanding as to what goes on in Washington
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:11 pm

Of course it's both. The Repubs are the radicals and the Dems the controlled opposition. Both funded/owned by the same corporations as everyone knows.
Butt juice

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:14 pm

so why rant about the vision of the GOP when you admit the Dems are contributing to the wage stagnation and generally poorer working conditions?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:20 pm

I spend plenty of time calling out both parties for what they are. In many real ways the Dems are worse, because they're supposed to be the party of the people. They're the real reason we got Trump.
Butt juice

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:06 am

The reason the nation got Trump is because Obama divided the country.

The reason the nation got Obama is because Bush corrupted the goodwill of 9/11 into Wolfowitz's domino theory of the middle east and then refused to see a bubble in the market.

What I can't figure out is how Trump led to Biden - the democrats electing yet another old boomer, who is senile, a liar, incompetent and just as corrupt as Trump.

If the dems elected Bernie Sanders, I'd understand. If they elected Elizabeth Warren I'd understand, to some extent I'd even understand Harris , although it would be 100% token. But to elect an old racist white guy to replace the old racist white guy? no logic at all.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:28 am

If you can't tell the difference b/w Biden and Trump (or really, almost anybody and Trump), there's nothing else to say...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:39 am

Yeah. I guess e still believes the big lie.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:06 am

You're really going to tag Obama with Trump? Not decades of working class people getting pushed down the social ladder. NAFTA taking jobs to the point where entire industrial centers are now dead zones on the map, banks taking millions of people's houses ultimately due to financial deregulation. Sorry but a non-establishment conman bigot windbag would have had no chance if the country wasn't in shambles and getting worse every year.
Butt juice

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:07 am

I can't tell the difference, and if you were honest, you'd agree.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:09 am

Tree wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:06 am
You're really going to tag Obama with Trump? Not decades of working class people getting pushed down the social ladder. NAFTA taking jobs to the point where entire industrial centers are now dead zones on the map, banks taking millions of people's houses ultimately due to financial deregulation. Sorry but a non-establishment conman bigot windbag would have had no chance if the country wasn't in shambles and getting worse every year.
Trump was elected for two reasons - immigration and supreme court justices

and Trayvon Martin set the tone

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:01 pm

The problem with America is that Trump is still breathing. Blaming Obama for Trump is ridiculous and typical white racist bullshit. 74 million idiots voted for this guy. Bitching about 160k Mexicans. Trump put this country in an 8 year tailspin. We're in year 6. God help us.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:01 pm

eCat wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:06 am The reason the nation got Trump is because Obama divided the country.

The reason the nation got Obama is because Bush corrupted the goodwill of 9/11 into Wolfowitz's domino theory of the middle east and then refused to see a bubble in the market.

What I can't figure out is how Trump led to Biden - the democrats electing yet another old boomer, who is senile, a liar, incompetent and just as corrupt as Trump.

If the dems elected Bernie Sanders, I'd understand. If they elected Elizabeth Warren I'd understand, to some extent I'd even understand Harris , although it would be 100% token. But to elect an old racist white guy to replace the old racist white guy? no logic at all.
The United States got Dubya because of morals given that a very married Clinton finger/cigar-fucked a fat, little, hypergamous, gold-digging, Jewish, unpaid, intern in the White House when she wasn't sucking him off.

The United States got Obama because he was the first black man to run for President that inspired white people to vote for him (mostly because he didn't speak in Ebonics.)

The United States got Trump because of immigration (and his willingness to define 3rd world Hispanics living their 3rd world, mud hut, rapist lives.) No PhDs from Mexico were illegally crossing our border.

The United States got Biden because the left cheated. No candidate running for re-election to be President that got millions more votes in the next election, lost, until Trump. Trump got 10,000,000 more popular votes in 2020 than he got in 2016 and lost? No. That is called cheating. Its is mathematically impossible for 20,000,000 more new democrat votes to be created out of thin air to give the election to Biden. And none of you have defined who those 20,000,000 people are.

Sanders is as un-electable as Pat Buchanan. Same could be said of quite a few of the insane candidates that ran for office. Biden only won the primary because of loyalty. He got the entirety of the black vote since he was the XO for the black community's savior for 8 years. No one could define exactly what Biden believed, nor did they care what he believed.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:38 pm

LMAO. IB is predictable. I will give him that.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:43 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:38 pm LMAO. IB is predictable. I will give him that.
There is nothing inaccurate in what I wrote. If it was inaccurate, you would have quoted its inaccuracy. You didn't. And don't even start with me about Biden winning fair and square if you refuse to do the math and define who whose 20,000,000 "mysterious votes" that he got over HRC were. Remember DS, Trump got 10,000,000 more votes in 2020 so NONE of his 2016 voters (none) voted for Biden in 2020.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:05 pm

eCat wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:09 am
Tree wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:06 am
Trump was elected for two reasons - immigration and supreme court justices

and Trayvon Martin set the tone
eCat is correct. And his 3 picks for the court are awesome.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:18 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:56 pm And the Port of Savannah was not backed up at all.
That might change

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/e ... erm=second
With congestion at the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach causing massive backups, shippers have started to send more freight to the East Coast instead, according to Supply Chain Dive. The major ports on the East Coast, such as New York/New Jersey, Virginia, Charleston, and Savannah, are reporting higher cargo volumes as other West Coast alternatives, such as Seattle and Vancouver, are becoming congested as well.

To get from East Asia to the East Coast of the United States, ships must pass through the Panama Canal. That adds about seven days to a ship’s journey and about $3,000 to the price of a container, but backups are so severe that those costs are becoming worthwhile.

Supply Chain Dive reports that East Coast ports are more confident they will be able to handle increased cargo loads. The Florida Ports Council is practically begging shippers to send their freight through Tampa or Miami instead of waiting in line off the coast of Southern California. In a rhetorical flourish, the council’s president and CEO said, “Our seaports are the solution to ensure the cargo shipping logjam doesn’t become the grinch that stole Christmas.” The Port of Charleston has invested about $2 billion in infrastructure improvements over the last few years. The Port of Savannah’s capacity will increase when a major construction project is completed in December. As Rich Lowry noted in his recent piece for Politico, the Port of Virginia is more automated than other American ports and is better equipped to handle increased volume.
Okay if you are a shipping company operating out of China, and your containership idling for days at Long Beach is carrying 10,000 containers, are you going to cut a check to the nation of Panama for millions of dollars and spend the $30,000,000 to sail through the canal assuming your ship can fit through the locks? Maybe.

If it weren't for the USA that canal wouldn't even exist. Those 3rd world peasants couldn't build a fucking canal back in the day. We had to do it for them. And thousands of US citizens perished down there, died from Malaria while they were doing the work. And now Panama gets the money.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:59 pm

The Trump issues are still popular.

Stop illegal immigration - Building the wall
Tough on China
Turn away from globalism to protect jobs.

Problem is people hate Trump, the man. Not totally fair because the rest in DC are just like him, but hide it better. I wish he would not run and let DeSantis take the torch.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:18 pm

IB forgets I already schooled him once on this vote thing. So bad he vanished for a few days. I give the putz credit though. He keeps trying. It's cute.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:51 pm

I think he won't run and DeSantis will be the GOP candidate - unless they do a hit job on him between now and then

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:53 pm

It won't matter. America has had enough of Republicans.