Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon May 21, 2012 6:01 pm

x
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 21, 2012 6:03 pm

I think.IB is a heroin addict..

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon May 21, 2012 6:08 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:I think.IB is a heroin addict..
I'm afraid of needles.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue May 22, 2012 1:28 am

Pussy

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue May 22, 2012 11:42 am

Big Orange Junky wrote:So exactly how far into this are we?

The LMSM was caught doctoring the tapes for goodness sake and now after all this time Tick wants to act like they are reporting the news. Those should have been out there at the time and a current pic of Treyvone should have been used as well instead of one where he was 12.

No matter how you try and slice it now the damage is done, the objective to convict the man in the court of public opinon was completed a long time ago.
According to a report from South Florida TV News, the person allegedly responsible for the misleading edit to George Zimmerman's 911 call was a local reporter/producer named Jeff Burnside , and he has been fired by Miami NBC affiliate WTVJ. The edited tape gave the false impression that Zimmerman told the 911 operator, unprompted, that now-slain teenager Trayvon Martin "looks black," while the full tape reveals he was asked about the young man's race.

Intentionally misleading? Then the guy was too stupid to know he'd never get away with it and was committing career suicide. More likely was the excuse he gave - "editing for time constraints" - and was too stupid to see the contextual ramifications of the cut. Either way it was blatant dumbassery and he's out the door.

Already convicted in the court of public opinion? BS - not your public, and certainly not mine. At the risk of inviting another dubious anecdote, I'm betting you don't know a soul who thinks Zimmerman didn't shoot in self-defense.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Cletus » Tue May 22, 2012 4:59 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
Jungle Rat wrote:I think.IB is a heroin addict..
I'm afraid of needles.
Then smoke it. Or snort it.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue May 22, 2012 5:52 pm

Romney and Obama tied in national poll:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... hpt=hp_bn5

This part doesn't surprise me at all:
A marked enthusiasm gap opened between the two candidates in the new poll. Forty-eight percent of Obama's supporters said they were "very enthusiastic" about the president's candidacy, compared to 23% of Romney's backers who said they were "very enthusiastic" about supporting the Republican candidate.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed May 23, 2012 12:11 pm

President Barack Obama continued to have trouble on Tuesday performing in Democratic primaries in traditionally conservative states, barely eking out wins in Kentucky and Arkansas.

The president didn’t even have an opponent in Kentucky, but with 99 percent of the vote counted, Obama took just 57.9 percent of the vote, with the remaining more than 42 percent of ballots cast for “uncommitted.”

Carter's second term is coming to an ignominious end.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Romney and Obama tied in national poll:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... hpt=hp_bn5

This part doesn't surprise me at all:
A marked enthusiasm gap opened between the two candidates in the new poll. Forty-eight percent of Obama's supporters said they were "very enthusiastic" about the president's candidacy, compared to 23% of Romney's backers who said they were "very enthusiastic" about supporting the Republican candidate.
Bah. Who cares about enthusiasm. As the redhead says on The Weakest Link, its votes that count. And right now, I'm liking the way this may count (particularly in Florida, Ohio, NC, VA, NH, NV, IN, and MI)!

Political pundits worrying about enthusiasm is like major league baseball scouts worrying about fielding and batting average in players and then speculating on those numbers to justify their livelihood. As Billy Bean demonstrated (and the Red Sox proved) the only thing that matters for these players is on base percentage. You want that number as high as it can be. That is how you win. On base percentage in elections is the percentage of the people who are inclined to vote for your guy actually showing up to vote at the polls. We need high on base percentage in the battle ground states. I don't care how enthusiastic those voters are when they vote for Romney. Just get on first base, get to the polls, grudgingly cast that ballot for Willard Mitt.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 23, 2012 6:41 pm

IB has killed this place.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Wed May 23, 2012 6:53 pm

I miss klaatu
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 23, 2012 6:56 pm

You're high

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:IB has killed this place.
awwww, what the fuck did I do?

you actually have college football discussion going on now

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed May 23, 2012 9:18 pm

I don't care how enthusiastic those voters are when they vote for Romney. Just get on first base, get to the polls, grudgingly cast that ballot for Willard Mitt.
I think you're missing the point. The basic issue behind all those unenthusiastic Willard voters is precisely that they are less likely than enthusiastic voters "get to the polls and grudgingly cast that ballot for Willard Mitt." A lot of them might be too busy mowing their lawn or mastering "Call of Duty" or doing laundry to vote for a RINO.

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Wed May 23, 2012 9:57 pm

bluetick wrote:
Big Orange Junky wrote:So exactly how far into this are we?

The LMSM was caught doctoring the tapes for goodness sake and now after all this time Tick wants to act like they are reporting the news. Those should have been out there at the time and a current pic of Treyvone should have been used as well instead of one where he was 12.

No matter how you try and slice it now the damage is done, the objective to convict the man in the court of public opinon was completed a long time ago.
According to a report from South Florida TV News, the person allegedly responsible for the misleading edit to George Zimmerman's 911 call was a local reporter/producer named Jeff Burnside , and he has been fired by Miami NBC affiliate WTVJ. The edited tape gave the false impression that Zimmerman told the 911 operator, unprompted, that now-slain teenager Trayvon Martin "looks black," while the full tape reveals he was asked about the young man's race.

Intentionally misleading? Then the guy was too stupid to know he'd never get away with it and was committing career suicide. More likely was the excuse he gave - "editing for time constraints" - and was too stupid to see the contextual ramifications of the cut. Either way it was blatant dumbassery and he's out the door.

Already convicted in the court of public opinion? BS - not your public, and certainly not mine. At the risk of inviting another dubious anecdote, I'm betting you don't know a soul who thinks Zimmerman didn't shoot in self-defense.
Why yes Tick I do personally, not internet "know" or "know through someone else" or whatever, personally know people that are convinced that Zimmerman just comitted cold blooded murder on a poor innocent black teen who did nothing wrong and was just minding his own business. I know plenty that personally went out and bought hoodies and skittles. Of course that was within the first couple of weeks when the LMSM was only releasing photos of a 12 year old and mug shots of Zimmerman along with the doctored 911 tape, but it convinced them and they just KNOW he is guilty.

Personally I reserve judgement either way. I don't know enough to know what happened. He may have murdered him, he may have shot in self defense. If he murdered him I hope he sizzles, if he only killed him in self defense I hope he gets off scott free (but he won't).

What I do know is that the LMSM did everything in their power to convict a white sounding name who killed a black kid by their selective reporting and editing.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed May 23, 2012 10:05 pm

As the redhead says on The Weakest Link, its votes that count. And right now, I'm liking the way this may count (particularly in Florida, Ohio, NC, VA, NH, NV, IN, and MI
According to Real Clear Politics, Obama has likely or leaning 227 electoral votes to Romney's 170.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... e_map.html

Now of those states where you're "liking the way this may count" towards Romney's chances:

Florida: (29 electoral votes) is statistically tied. If Obama just wins THIS ONE swing state, he only needs 14 more electoral votes to win.

Ohio (18 electoral votes) Not sure why you, a Romney supporter, are "liking the way this may count" since Obama's winning 4.6%.

Michigan (16 electoral votes) Not sure why you, a Romney supporter, are "liking the way this may count" since Obama's winning 5.3%.

Virginia (13 electoral votes) Not sure why you, a Romney supporter, are "liking the way this may count" since Obama's winning 3.2%

Nevada (6 electoral votes) Not sure why you, a Romney supporter, are "liking the way this may count" since Obama's winning 7.4%

New Hampshire (4 electoral votes) Not sure why you, a Romney supporter, are "liking the way this may count" since Obama's winning 6.4%

I could go on, but you get the picture. Or at least should.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu May 24, 2012 1:56 am

Professor Tiger wrote:
As the redhead says on The Weakest Link, its votes that count. And right now, I'm liking the way this may count (particularly in Florida, Ohio, NC, VA, NH, NV, IN, and MI
According to Real Clear Politics, Obama has likely or leaning 227 electoral votes to Romney's 170.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... e_map.html

Now of those states where you're "liking the way this may count" towards Romney's chances:

Florida: (29 electoral votes) is statistically tied. If Obama just wins THIS ONE swing state, he only needs 14 more electoral votes to win.

Ohio (18 electoral votes) Not sure why you, a Romney supporter, are "liking the way this may count" since Obama's winning 4.6%.

Michigan (16 electoral votes) Not sure why you, a Romney supporter, are "liking the way this may count" since Obama's winning 5.3%.

Virginia (13 electoral votes) Not sure why you, a Romney supporter, are "liking the way this may count" since Obama's winning 3.2%

Nevada (6 electoral votes) Not sure why you, a Romney supporter, are "liking the way this may count" since Obama's winning 7.4%

New Hampshire (4 electoral votes) Not sure why you, a Romney supporter, are "liking the way this may count" since Obama's winning 6.4%

I could go on, but you get the picture. Or at least should.
your polls are old. Romney is already ahead in Florida by 7

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu May 24, 2012 4:22 pm

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -1883.html

Polling Data

Poll Date Romney (R) Obama (D) Spread
RCP Average 4/15 - 5/21 45.3 44.8 Romney +0.5
NBC News/Marist 5/17 - 5/20 44 48 Obama +4
Quinnipiac 5/15 - 5/21 47 41 Romney +6

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu May 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Big Orange Junky wrote:
I know plenty that personally went out and bought hoodies and skittles. Of course that was within the first couple of weeks when the LMSM was only releasing photos of a 12 year old
Liar, liar..
Big Orange Junky wrote:Personally I reserve judgement either way. I don't know enough to know what happened. He may have murdered him, he may have shot in self defense. If he murdered him I hope he sizzles, if he only killed him in self defense I hope he gets off scott free (but he won't).
pants on fire.
Big Orange Junky wrote:What I do know is that the LMSM did everything in their power to convict a white sounding name who killed a black kid by their selective reporting and editing.
Oh so wrong. Zimmerman is jew-sounding...and you know who owns the MSM.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu May 24, 2012 4:39 pm

your polls are old. Romney is already ahead in Florida by 7
This is released today (i.e., not "old"):

Obama Edges Romney In Three Key Battleground States

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 ... tates?lite
In Florida and Virginia, Obama leads Romney by an identical four-point margin, 48 percent to 44 percent, among registered voters, including those who are undecided but leaning toward a particular candidate.

In Ohio, the president is ahead by six points, 48 percent to 42 percent.