Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri May 18, 2012 8:50 pm

The Duke Lacrosse players were just very fortunate that info leaked out or they would be in jail now for something they didn't do either.
The Duke Lacrosse players also had families that could afford top notch legal/investigative talent and access to the media.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 18, 2012 9:57 pm

If Zim was black this wouldn't even be a topic. God Bless America

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri May 18, 2012 11:22 pm

x
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Big Orange Junky
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by Big Orange Junky » Fri May 18, 2012 11:45 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
If Zim was black this wouldn't even be a topic.
Sad but true. You'd think the fact that Zimmerman is Hispanic would provide him some cover.
It would except the MSM already had him convicted based on his last name before they found out he wasn't white. Who would have thunk a name like Zimmerman would have been on a hispanic.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat May 19, 2012 6:24 am

Thus the newly minted description "White Hispanic"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Sat May 19, 2012 8:42 am

Zimmerman will prevail in the criminal court(s). He'll lose to the Martin's on the civil side (and the tussle for tell-all rights).
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Hacksaw
Senior
Location: Pacific Northwest (specifically, the greater portland oregon metropolitan area)

Post by Hacksaw » Sat May 19, 2012 10:19 am

Jungle Rat wrote:If Zim was black this wouldn't even be a topic. God Bless America
Exactly. Young black males are shot and killed every day in this country. Evidently, it's okay as long as it's another black person pulling the trigger.
Deep thought of the day: "I was adopted. I thank my birth mother every day for not aborting me (although I wouldn't doubt her decision if she did)."

10ac
Senior
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by 10ac » Sat May 19, 2012 10:31 am

No justice, no peace!
Let 'er Blow!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat May 19, 2012 1:26 pm

x
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Sat May 19, 2012 5:05 pm

bluetick wrote:Zimmerman will prevail in the criminal court(s). He'll lose to the Martin's on the civil side (and the tussle for tell-all rights).

No, no matter what the evidence shows I feel like he will be convicted. If nothing else the oprama administration will convict him of a "hate crime" for calling the cops on him.

What is so sad is what you say could be true if he ever was aquited in court. It's sad because if he didn't murder Treyvon and the courts prove that then there is no way he should lose a civil suit. They shouldn't be allowed to just rob him like that, but they can and it's no different than pulling a gun and taking the money by force. Its still theft (if he is innocent of a crime which I have no way of knowing).

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat May 19, 2012 7:05 pm

x
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat May 19, 2012 10:10 pm

It won't this time. He'll walk on both once the whole story is played out in court instead of the media. Which brings me to ask the question, when it comes to screening a jury for a trial like this. Sequestered for months away from your daily life, do we know these people can handle the sudden isolation? Do we have tests for people to see if they can handle a major trial or do we just take what we can get?

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon May 21, 2012 12:39 pm

Which brings me to ask the question, when it comes to screening a jury for a trial like this. Sequestered for months away from your daily life, do we know these people can handle the sudden isolation? Do we have tests for people to see if they can handle a major trial or do we just take what we can get?
No way. One side or the other will want to stock the jury with those types if they can.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon May 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Big Orange Junky wrote:
bluetick wrote:Zimmerman will prevail in the criminal court(s). He'll lose to the Martin's on the civil side (and the tussle for tell-all rights).

No, no matter what the evidence shows I feel like he will be convicted. If nothing else the oprama administration will convict him of a "hate crime" for calling the cops on him.
President Obama can not convict Zimmerman of anything. He isn't Muslim.

I'll say it now, I think the DA fucked up in going for Murder-2 in Florida. Zimmermann's defense attorney played it brilliantly by holding firm on NO DEAL to admitting guilt to a lesser charge like manslaughter. Forced the DA's hand if there was ever a deal to be made.

The jury will not convict Zimmerman on a Murder-2 charge in a state like Florida where so many people are walking around packing heat, a charge that any one of us could argue in court might have been nothing more than self-defense, gun or no gun. Not going to happen. What will happen is we will see riots again like what we saw in LA over twenty years ago. So prepare for the not-guilty verditc, get your guns, and shoot the rioters holding the molitov cocktails before they burn down your house.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by crashcourse » Mon May 21, 2012 1:06 pm

meh

I think if the kings win the stanley cup you might see some riots in LA

a murder trial in samford fl where even the parents --mom saying accident and dad saying the voice wasn't his son --are spoon feeding the defense. the only thing prosecution has going is the media. They are the tone that could incite a race riot if they dont do a better job reporting the fact that martin pretty much fucked up zimmerman up before he got shot

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon May 21, 2012 1:13 pm

crashcourse wrote:meh

I think if the kings win the stanley cup you might see some riots in LA

a murder trial in samford fl where even the parents --mom saying accident and dad saying the voice wasn't his son --are spoon feeding the defense. the only thing prosecution has going is the media. They are the tone that could incite a race riot if they dont do a better job reporting the fact that martin pretty much fucked up zimmerman up before he got shot
Exactly.

Jury is not going to convict on Murder-2 in Florida just because the media tells them they have to....
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon May 21, 2012 3:17 pm

Funny how over the weekend I saw the lead prosecutor go off about the case being tried in the media. Said she was worried that the Zimmerman bloody head pics were extremely prejudicial and would make her job all the more tougher.

fuckin' refs!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon May 21, 2012 3:24 pm

The pictures The 9:1 Media doesn't want YOU to SEE! In HD...on 200 channels

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon May 21, 2012 3:25 pm

bluetick wrote:Funny how over the weekend I saw the lead prosecutor go off about the case being tried in the media. Said she was worried that the Zimmerman bloody head pics were extremely prejudicial and would make her job all the more tougher.

fuckin' refs!
She knows that she is not getting a conviction. I hope this doesn't cost her, her job at the DA's office, unless she was the one insisting on Murder-2. If she offered a manslaughter deal and the defense attorney (rightfully) said Fuck you to that, then she had no choice but to prosecute a Murder-2 loser charge. They aren't going to convict.

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Mon May 21, 2012 4:31 pm

So exactly how far into this are we?

The LMSM was caught doctoring the tapes for goodness sake and now after all this time Tick wants to act like they are reporting the news. Those should have been out there at the time and a current pic of Treyvone should have been used as well instead of one where he was 12.

No matter how you try and slice it now the damage is done, the objective to convict the man in the court of public opinon was completed a long time ago.