Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: MIT Engineers

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:06 pm

hedge wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:53 pmIs she hot?
A+

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:08 pm

eCat wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:29 pm you guys have probably heard me talk about my job and part of it is training college students.

We have a young woman, very promising person who we put in charge of a team project and unfortunately the pressure has broke her. She has had a mental breakdown where she cannot string together coherent statements. I just spent 2 hours with her in my office and I was so concerned about what she might say or do, I recorded it just to protect myself.
Project management can be very hard. Everyone thinks that they can do it because it requires no technical expertise. But what it DOES require is a mind that can keep track of multiple things happening simultaneously and multiple people responsible for doing them. AND, you are supposed to be the one who is entirely accountable for everything that happens on the project. So yeah, I could see this happening especially in this labor shortage work environment.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:14 am

aTm wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:12 pm Exactly what kind of pressure is she under?
Everyone is taking 8 hours of training a day, they have an individual project , they have weekly deliverables and they have a group project. She is the team lead of the group project that has 14 people on her team. So they are working about 50 hours a week and have been for the last 6 weeks.

I gave her the rest of the week off after her presentation yesterday that went well enough considering what I was afraid would happen.

After some more thought on it, I told her to fly home on our dime, sleep, eat well and on Tuesday we'll talk about what her mental state is.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:15 am

hedge wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:18 pm Working for eCat...
that would do it alright
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:12 am

Working 50 hours a week doesn't seem like something that would push someone over the edge...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:10 pm

We are Gen X . It’s different, especially with stay at home Covid kids

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:15 pm

As I type this I am in a meeting with HR about this person

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:38 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:12 am Working 50 hours a week doesn't seem like something that would push someone over the edge...
Fuck. I wish I could work only 50 hours per week.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:39 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:14 am
aTm wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:12 pm Exactly what kind of pressure is she under?
Everyone is taking 8 hours of training a day, they have an individual project , they have weekly deliverables and they have a group project. She is the team lead of the group project that has 14 people on her team. So they are working about 50 hours a week and have been for the last 6 weeks.

I gave her the rest of the week off after her presentation yesterday that went well enough considering what I was afraid would happen.

After some more thought on it, I told her to fly home on our dime, sleep, eat well and on Tuesday we'll talk about what her mental state is.
So, her ass is as good as gone.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:40 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:15 pm As I type this I am in a meeting with HR about this person
I knew it!

But seriously, is she hot? Do you have some social media pics you could crop the face out of for us? Just erase all of the exif shit in case that were to linger with the file when upload.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:17 pm

Big booty hoes.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:12 am

she believes the hotel is using security footage to spy on her and set her up for human trafficking

she believes the training program she is in is a psychological experiment to see how young people handle stress in a hostile working environment

she believes that we should hire Microsoft to train her because she doesn't understand how the internet works.

she is a college graduate in engineering from a big 10 school.

At the moment, HR believes that anything we do that is different from how we treat anyone else would be grounds for a lawsuit, so we will continue to hold her to the same standards and ultimately she'll fail the program and lose her job.

if you think Caitlin Clark is hot, then you would think she is hot. I do not.

I feel for her, she is obviously troubled and barely hanging on, but if I make a huge investment in helping her get through this program, all I"ve done is handicap the job org she is going into with someone who will never be productive for us and will likely cause disruption. the first step is for her to get help, and if she has any professional help at all, I have to believe they will suggest she take a LOA from her job, center herself and see if she can get back within the boundaries of normal before deciding to come back.

For now, that is not the case and she is grinding it out, thinking god knows what.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:16 am

"I feel for her, she is obviously troubled and barely hanging on, but if I make a huge investment in helping her get through this program, all I"ve done is handicap the job org she is going into with someone who will never be productive for us and will likely cause disruption. the first step is for her to get help, and if she has any professional help at all, I have to believe they will suggest she take a LOA from her job, center herself and see if she can get back within the boundaries of normal before deciding to come back."

Sounds like Rat in drag...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:56 am

Sounds like “A Beautiful Mind 2” to me…
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:35 am

I like how this started out with a picture of a girl who just broke down under the mental strain to now we hear about her having all out paranoid delusions. She won't be centering herself, it wasnt caused by stress, stress just brought it out. She wont be well unless medicated probably.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:55 am

eCat wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:12 am If you think Caitlin Clark is hot, then you would think she is hot. I do not.
Obviously, she’s a little bit on the light side for my tastes, but I’ve bedded far worse. I would make that bush glisten.