Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:12 pm

bluetick wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:We may have made a tragic mistake giving women the right to vote, and I even described why. You made no effort to disagree with my position or reasoning.
I'm thinking your mom made a tragic mistake with rat. What...about 22 years ago? 25?
your refusal to take what was a serious point that Toe made (that I continued) serious, does not take away the seriousness of it.

If Romney loses (God help us all if he does, but IF he does) we have one gender to blame, the same gender that gave us the Obamanation. One gender votes for the candidate that they believe is the best person for their wives and their children. The other gender votes based on specific issues centered around their gender specifically. That is what has happened since 1920, don't deny it. But long before that 19th Amendment, women (who had no use for the right to vote) could clearly understand exactly why they didn't want their gender anywhere near the voting booth. They knew that women voting would hurt the sacrament of marriage. It would pit a wife against her husband. It would hasten the destruction of families. Today, you don't even see families forming. It has gotten so bad now that the family unit (with 41% of children being born out of wedlock, with only 30% of black women over the age of 18 married) is simply ceasing to exist. Perhaps you don't see this as a problem, but you are an Obama voter.

The sad thing Tick, is this is a very basic Civics lesson. I don't think for one second, that you even had a CLUE as to why anyone (women in particular) would have not wanted women to vote.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:16 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
If you poll married women, almost (but not quite) 50% of married voting women, will vote GOP. Marriage makes it a wash. All the single ladies? Its like 85% to 90% of unmarried women vote for Democrats.
That's because moderate and conservative women are sexually attracted to men. Liberal women are not.
You got it backwards.

Women are attracted to most men. Almost all (dare I say, ALL) women want to be "wives." But men are not attracted to all women. And those women who are single (remain single into their 30s, 40s, maybe give up on men altogether) they want to BE married. But they have no options other than....

...marrying a rich and powerful "state" (by voting Democrat.) And that is what you do when you derive much of your housing, earning power, your personhood, from electing public officials to make you "whole" at the expense of the "other." Married women do not have this problem as they already have access to the mainstream of society.

A woman with a loving husband gravitates more conservative in life. She is already "in" so to speak. Not having a husband, tends to put a woman on the path of remaining "liberal."
Last edited by innocentbystander on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Have you ever thought about writing fantasy?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:27 pm

aTm wrote:Have you ever thought about writing fantasy?
I have 4 books writen. I will not publish them.

They aren't rooted in fantasy though.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:33 pm

Damn glad to meet you, AlabamAlum. Kindly fill out the registration form..

and have some punch.
Over there is Terry Auerback, captain of the swim team.

That's Carl Phillips, editor of the Daily Faberian.

And...Clayton... Sidney...Jugdish... Mohammet... Lonny--

-We already met.

-Super! Then you'll have lots to talk about.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:38 pm

You got it backwards.

Women are attracted to most men. Almost all (dare I say, ALL) women want to be "wives." But men are not attracted to all women.
Men who are not sexually attracted to women are also liberal democrats.

Ann Coulter definitely has a thing for Romney. She's about 50, and has never been married, by the way.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:40 pm

On my patio. Drinking Pappy. Smoking a Davidoff. Miles Davis on my fancy-pants wireless soundsystem to drown out Jose finishing the grass cutting. In a bit, I'll throw a steak on the grill.

My life is good. It will be regardless of the moron in the White House. But Barrack Romney? Mitt Obama? C'mon. Is this the best that both sides can trot out? America deserves better.

Seems like I've been saying this for a while.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
You got it backwards.

Women are attracted to most men. Almost all (dare I say, ALL) women want to be "wives." But men are not attracted to all women.

Ann Coulter definitely has a thing for Romney. She's about 50, and has never been married, by the way.
My first wife Ann Coulter has been asked/proposed-to multiple times. She is just very-very choosy.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by sardis » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:42 pm

Poor tick, watching his nanny state ideals crumble in the face of the hard reality in Europe and here have him babbling in a corner..

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:43 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
Damn glad to meet you, AlabamAlum. Kindly fill out the registration form..

and have some punch.
Over there is Terry Auerback, captain of the swim team.

That's Carl Phillips, editor of the Daily Faberian.

And...Clayton... Sidney...Jugdish... Mohammet... Lonny--

-We already met.

-Super! Then you'll have lots to talk about.
They can't do that to our pledges. Only WE can do that to our pledges.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by sardis » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:44 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
You got it backwards.

I guess political correctness says to call them kind a she....

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:49 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:On my patio. Drinking Pappy. Smoking a Davidoff. Miles Davis on my fancy-pants wireless soundsystem to drown out Jose finishing the grass cutting. In a bit, I'll throw a steak on the grill.

My life is good. It will be regardless of the moron in the White House. But Barrack Romney? Mitt Obama? C'mon. Is this the best that both sides can trot out? America deserves better.

Seems like I've been saying this for a while.
Your life will still be good who wins, but it could be so much better if Romney wins. Believe me. Just trust me on this one, this is our 21st Century Ronald Reagan. You don't see that now but you will if he wins, I assure you.

Hacksaw
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Location: Pacific Northwest (specifically, the greater portland oregon metropolitan area)

Post by Hacksaw » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:55 pm

I have almost no confidence in Romney. It won't surprise me in the least if he is horrible.

But we know Obama is a disaster. What do we have to lose? At this point, I'd vote for Wiz over Obama.
Deep thought of the day: "I was adopted. I thank my birth mother every day for not aborting me (although I wouldn't doubt her decision if she did)."

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:06 pm

Hacksaw wrote:I have almost no confidence in Romney. It won't surprise me in the least if he is horrible.

But we know Obama is a disaster. What do we have to lose? At this point, I'd vote for Wiz over Obama.
Wiz would be an improvement.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:24 pm

Believe me. Just trust me on this one, this is our 21st Century Ronald Reagan.
Romney is no Reagan. Reagan was a consistent conservative, not an Establishment-approved mushy moderate RINO.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:38 pm

On my patio. Drinking Pappy. Smoking a Davidoff. Miles Davis on my fancy-pants wireless soundsystem to drown out Jose finishing the grass cutting. In a bit, I'll throw a steak on the grill.

My life is good. It will be regardless of the moron in the White House.
If the Dems are put back in charge, you're the kind of guy they'll come after. You'll be slurping your PBR while riding the bus to your second job on the night shift down at the Solyndra plant.

If the R's take charge, you're the kind of guy they love. You'll be picking out your new yacht.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:17 pm

sardis wrote:Poor tick, watching his nanny state ideals crumble in the face of the hard reality in Europe and here have him babbling in a corner..

Sardis, I must confess I don't know what you're on about. No spreken ze EIB.

sorry
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue May 01, 2012 1:41 am

bluetick wrote:
sardis wrote:Poor tick, watching his nanny state ideals crumble in the face of the hard reality in Europe and here have him babbling in a corner..

Sardis, I must confess I don't know what you're on about. No spreken ze EIB.

sorry
sorry?

I don't think you are sorry tick. I think you are annoyed that liberals are finding it increasingly harder and harder to put a debate you can't win out of bounds just by reactively calling someone a racist instead of debating them.

sorry.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue May 01, 2012 7:59 am

Publish your works, IB. Please. Pretty puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeze.

lmao
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue May 01, 2012 8:10 am

bluetick wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:We may have made a tragic mistake giving women the right to vote, and I even described why. You made no effort to disagree with my position or reasoning.
I'm thinking your mom made a tragic mistake with rat. What...about 22 years ago? 25?
Hey !