Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:00 pm

"I mean I do it anyway, but if I think about it while I'm doing it I get one of those chills that's makes you shake all over and twitch your eye."

That's the Bell's Palsey talkin...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:55 pm

if its palsy, its more like mumbling
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:01 am

Jungle Rat wrote:I pee off the front porch from sundown to sunup. It only smells like pee when it rains.
I think it is the shitting off your deck that the neighbors have an issue with.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:11 am

Actually it only smells like ham when it rains.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:37 pm

You've got ham on your assneck...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:43 pm

this article isn't a shock to anyone who doesn't filter their life thru Fox News

The GOP establishment and some conservative pundits, such as Ann Coulter, are in full defense mode, claiming that Romney is not responsible for losing to an incumbent responsible for perhaps the most damaging fiscal crises in our nation’s history. Don’t believe it. Romney IS responsible for wasting a billion dollars to carry out an issue-free campaign full of simple-minded platitudes. Indeed, Coulter is leading the charge with her recent column titled, Don’t Blame Romney. It’s sweet to watch Coulter defend her darling Romney, but let’s get real.

The reality is that Romney was one of the worst GOP presidential candidates in modern times. He was not the first choice of most conservative voters but he managed to rise through the ranks in the primary due to conservatives being split 4-5 ways, but also due to a slew of endorsements from conservative leaders and groups that had no business endorsing him – such as Ann Coulter. Repeatedly, Coulter assured conservatives that Romney was one of us and that he would be the “best possible candidate” to face Obama. But as any conservative from Massachusetts knew, Romney was a liberal at heart who, as Governor, led the nation in passing three of the left’s most sacred issues: Same sex marriage, Cap and Trade, and government control of health care.

But the Romney forces were clever. Beginning in 2004, they created a half dozen PACs to give money to conservative and GOP entities all over the country. I’ve reviewed these disclosures and hundreds of GOP and conservative entities benefitted from Romney’s largess. In other words, he bought the support of many “conservative leaders” and used that support to give himself “cred” among conservative voters. It was a phony image though and it’s shameful that so many conservative leaders went along with this ruse.

As a result, Romney’s liberal record on taxes (yes, he taxed the corporate world in Massachusetts), Cap and Trade (first in the nation!), gay marriage, gay rights, quotas, gun control, immigration, etc, etc. was little known outside of Massachusetts because many of America’s leading conservatives decided to portray him as someone he wasn’t. Even a number of prominent right to life and national pro-family groups and leaders made a decision to remake Romney as a conservative even though they knew he was not. I should know; I briefed many of them about Romney’s record. Had the conservative leadership told the truth about Romney’s record as Governor, it’s likely he wouldn’t have won the GOP nomination.

And why is that relevant? Well, Romney’s liberal record so compromised him that he was unable to attack Obama on a whole range of issues due to fear of Obama using his own positions from just a few years earlier to make him look like a hypocrite. Whether its Cap and Trade, ObamaCare, gun control, gays in the military, religious freedom or even illegal aliens, Romney took these issues off the table because his own record on these issues was not dissimilar to the Obama record.

Coulter goes even so far as to claim Romney lost because “he was too conservative” on immigration issues. What? Romney never even hit Obama on his unconstitutional action to grant amnesty to two million illegal aliens because, as governor, he endorsed McCain’s amnesty legislation. Indeed, despite his phony attacks on Gov. Rick Perry’s immigration record during the GOP primary, Romney’s actual record on immigration was quite liberal.

The fact is liberal Republicans do not win presidential races. The obvious reason for this is that RINOs do not offer much of a contrast to a Democrat, or at least a contrast so weak it does not motivate voters to support them. You would think we would have learned this lesson from the McCain and Dole debacles. To make things worse, Romney even agreed with Obama on numerous occasions during the debates, missing great opportunities to instead attack the president. With the economy collapsing all around us, voters were simply not looking for Obama-light.

Moreover, Romney’s strategy of looking presidential but saying nothing controversial was an asinine strategy. All one has to do is watch the old Reagan/Carter debates to see how Reagan strived to showed contrast with Carter at every opportunity. While Reagan was always civil in the way he stated things, he tore Carter’s head off every chance he got.

The list of explosive issues ignored by Romney goes far beyond those that Romney himself was weak on. Take, for example, the Fast and Furious and Benghazi scandals, both of which involved the deaths of Americans and a subsequent cover-up by this administration. The latter scandal, especially, was ripe for Romney to exploit, given the new evidence that Obama refused to assist Americans under attack and then lied to the American public about the reason for the attack. This is an impeachable offense but Romney chose to ignore this issue altogether.

Romney also ignored, for the most part, a whole pattern of Obama cronyism that permeated TARP, the stimulus program, and many government contracts. Similarly, Romney ignored the details of exactly how Obama was destroying the oil, gas and coal industries. He stuck to generalities instead of hammering on issues such as how Obama gave millions of tax dollars to Brazil to drill for oil while harassing our own oil companies to the point they ceased operations in the Gulf.

The Romney team also chose to ignore the lessons of 2010. Here we have a number of stunning congressional upsets inspired by issues such as ObamaCare and the deficit, but Romney’s campaign team acted like 2010 never occurred. The movement that drove the 2010 victories was, of course, the tea party movement, but Romney decided he wanted nothing to do with this powerful movement.

Ditto for the Ron Paul movement. It was outrageous how the Romney team refused to sit a number of pro-Ron Paul state delegations at the convention, all because they didn’t want Ron Paul to be nominated so that Romney could enjoy an unanimous nomination. The stupidity of this move was astounding. Romney already had the votes to win the nomination overwhelmingly but his team was so fixated on the appearance of a perfect nominating convention that they decided to disenfranchise the entire Ron Paul movement. Romney lost tens of thousands of Ron Paul supporters for that action alone.

As someone who has networked with conservative activists for 35 years, I know for a fact that large segments of the tea party and Ron Paul movements did NOT vote for Romney and I also know that many evangelicals refused to support Romney as well. They knew that Romney was, deep down, a big government, socially liberal Republican and believed that electing Romney would set conservatives back decades. They believed that he would – under the mantle of “conservatism” – carry out a big government agenda instead of taking bold action to tame the deficit or get our economy growing again.

We can debate until we’re blue in the face about such a stance, but I believe their fears are legitimate and that their motives are sincere. They had many solid reasons to feel this way – Romney’s actual record being Exhibit #1.

This election was a turning point in American history and undecided voters were looking for new leadership but Romney’s history of flip-flopping on over 30 different issues didn’t give them the confidence they were looking for. Romney was a liberal Republican pretending to be a conservative and that phoniness was detected by the voters. So yes, Ms. Coulter, Romney does share much of the blame. And so do you.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:58 pm

Buffet said this awhile back. I'd support it

Anytime the federal budget deficit exceeds 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress become ineligible for re-election.

they'd caveat it to exclude times of war resulting in us being a war every year but I'd like to see this level of extremism in our dedication to a fiscally responsible government.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:15 pm

At a very illuminating Washington Health Law Conference (except the current speaker). One of the problems the Republicans have (and to a lesser extent, this is true for some Democrats) is that they believe their own false rhetoric. The worst ever financial crisis that Presidential Obama is responsible for??? Did they ever here of the Great Depression? You can say that President Obama's solutions didn't work as well as they should and that a Republican would have done better, but to start the article off as President Obama "is responsible" for the fiscal crisis? What, did they not live in 2008?

It's okay for the masses to be ignorant of the facts, but if you are trying to fix a perceived problem, the first thing to do is identify what the actual facts are, not ignoring the realities. If they listen to this person, they would have nominated a Rick Santorum. Let's see them do that in 2016. Can you say, Goldwater (who along with Reagan would be considered a RINO by this guy).
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:18 pm

yea I read that line and just let it go. The author was trying to appeal to his audience which I suspect would quickly dismiss much of what he said without some gratuitous Obama bashing

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Romney was 30 times the candidate McCain was.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:23 pm

30.33 (repeating)
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:25 pm

33.33 (repeating)
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:33 pm

I'm done with the GOP.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Owlman wrote:33.33 (repeating)
of course.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:55 pm

I don't mean to give you a hard time eCat, but this article is disingenuous.
eCat wrote:this article isn't a shock to anyone who doesn't filter their life thru Fox News

The GOP establishment and some conservative pundits, such as Ann Coulter, are in full defense mode, claiming that Romney is not responsible for losing to an incumbent responsible for perhaps the most damaging fiscal crises in our nation’s history. Don’t believe it. Romney IS responsible for wasting a billion dollars to carry out an issue-free campaign full of simple-minded platitudes. Indeed, Coulter is leading the charge with her recent column titled, Don’t Blame Romney. It’s sweet to watch Coulter defend her darling Romney, but let’s get real.

The reality is that Romney was one of the worst GOP presidential candidates in modern times. He was not the first choice of most conservative voters
I give up, who was?
eCat wrote:but he managed to rise through the ranks in the primary due to conservatives being split 4-5 ways, but also due to a slew of endorsements from conservative leaders and groups that had no business endorsing him – such as Ann Coulter. Repeatedly, Coulter assured conservatives that Romney was one of us and that he would be the “best possible candidate” to face Obama. But as any conservative from Massachusetts knew, Romney was a liberal at heart who, as Governor, led the nation in passing three of the left’s most sacred issues: Same sex marriage, Cap and Trade, and government control of health care.

But the Romney forces were clever. Beginning in 2004, they created a half dozen PACs to give money to conservative and GOP entities all over the country. I’ve reviewed these disclosures and hundreds of GOP and conservative entities benefitted from Romney’s largess. In other words, he bought the support of many “conservative leaders” and used that support to give himself “cred” among conservative voters. It was a phony image though and it’s shameful that so many conservative leaders went along with this ruse.

As a result, Romney’s liberal record on taxes (yes, he taxed the corporate world in Massachusetts), Cap and Trade (first in the nation!), gay marriage, gay rights, quotas, gun control, immigration, etc, etc. was little known outside of Massachusetts because many of America’s leading conservatives decided to portray him as someone he wasn’t. Even a number of prominent right to life and national pro-family groups and leaders made a decision to remake Romney as a conservative even though they knew he was not. I should know; I briefed many of them about Romney’s record. Had the conservative leadership told the truth about Romney’s record as Governor, it’s likely he wouldn’t have won the GOP nomination.

And why is that relevant? Well, Romney’s liberal record so compromised him that he was unable to attack Obama on a whole range of issues due to fear of Obama using his own positions from just a few years earlier to make him look like a hypocrite. Whether its Cap and Trade, ObamaCare, gun control, gays in the military, religious freedom or even illegal aliens, Romney took these issues off the table because his own record on these issues was not dissimilar to the Obama record.

Coulter goes even so far as to claim Romney lost because “he was too conservative” on immigration issues. What? Romney never even hit Obama on his unconstitutional action to grant amnesty to two million illegal aliens because, as governor, he endorsed McCain’s amnesty legislation.
No he did not.
eCat wrote:Indeed, despite his phony attacks on Gov. Rick Perry’s immigration record during the GOP primary, Romney’s actual record on immigration was quite liberal.
Rick Perry gave the children of illegal immigrants state subsidized tuition costs in Texas. That IS being liberal. Romney would have none of that and Romney held Perry's feet to the fire. Romney's the conservative position, not Perry.

Apparently, the author either has no idea what conservatism is (not likely) or the author is just being entirely disingenuous (most likely.)
eCat wrote:The fact is liberal Republicans do not win presidential races. The obvious reason for this is that RINOs do not offer much of a contrast to a Democrat, or at least a contrast so weak it does not motivate voters to support them. You would think we would have learned this lesson from the McCain and Dole debacles. To make things worse, Romney even agreed with Obama on numerous occasions during the debates, missing great opportunities to instead attack the president. With the economy collapsing all around us, voters were simply not looking for Obama-light.

Moreover, Romney’s strategy of looking presidential but saying nothing controversial was an asinine strategy. All one has to do is watch the old Reagan/Carter debates to see how Reagan strived to showed contrast with Carter at every opportunity. While Reagan was always civil in the way he stated things, he tore Carter’s head off every chance he got.

The list of explosive issues ignored by Romney goes far beyond those that Romney himself was weak on. Take, for example, the Fast and Furious and Benghazi scandals, both of which involved the deaths of Americans and a subsequent cover-up by this administration. The latter scandal, especially, was ripe for Romney to exploit, given the new evidence that Obama refused to assist Americans under attack and then lied to the American public about the reason for the attack. This is an impeachable offense but Romney chose to ignore this issue altogether.
What horseshit is this?

Romney was one of only two GOP candidates (long before there was even a GOP primary) that said it was probably not a good idea for the US to side with the Rebels in Libya because those same rebels might have been Islamic Fundamentalists. Romney was the FIRST to lambast President Obama for what happened to our Embassador in Libya.

Again, either the author is clueless about facts (not likely) or the author is being entirely disingenuous (likely.)
eCat wrote:Romney also ignored, for the most part, a whole pattern of Obama cronyism that permeated TARP, the stimulus program, and many government contracts. Similarly, Romney ignored the details of exactly how Obama was destroying the oil, gas and coal industries. He stuck to generalities instead of hammering on issues such as how Obama gave millions of tax dollars to Brazil to drill for oil while harassing our own oil companies to the point they ceased operations in the Gulf.

The Romney team also chose to ignore the lessons of 2010. Here we have a number of stunning congressional upsets inspired by issues such as ObamaCare and the deficit, but Romney’s campaign team acted like 2010 never occurred. The movement that drove the 2010 victories was, of course, the tea party movement, but Romney decided he wanted nothing to do with this powerful movement.

Ditto for the Ron Paul movement. It was outrageous how the Romney team refused to sit a number of pro-Ron Paul state delegations at the convention, all because they didn’t want Ron Paul to be nominated so that Romney could enjoy an unanimous nomination. The stupidity of this move was astounding. Romney already had the votes to win the nomination overwhelmingly but his team was so fixated on the appearance of a perfect nominating convention that they decided to disenfranchise the entire Ron Paul movement. Romney lost tens of thousands of Ron Paul supporters for that action alone.

As someone who has networked with conservative activists for 35 years, I know for a fact that large segments of the tea party and Ron Paul movements did NOT vote for Romney and I also know that many evangelicals refused to support Romney as well. They knew that Romney was, deep down, a big government, socially liberal Republican and believed that electing Romney would set conservatives back decades. They believed that he would – under the mantle of “conservatism” – carry out a big government agenda instead of taking bold action to tame the deficit or get our economy growing again.

We can debate until we’re blue in the face about such a stance, but I believe their fears are legitimate and that their motives are sincere. They had many solid reasons to feel this way – Romney’s actual record being Exhibit #1.

This election was a turning point in American history and undecided voters were looking for new leadership but Romney’s history of flip-flopping on over 30 different issues didn’t give them the confidence they were looking for. Romney was a liberal Republican pretending to be a conservative and that phoniness was detected by the voters. So yes, Ms. Coulter, Romney does share much of the blame. And so do you.
The author if your article is either certifiably brain dead OR they are an Obamastooge who just fucking hates Republicans (particularly ones as conservative as Romney.) There is no third way. If you think there is a third way then I have two questions for you ecat, two all important questions with regards to the article that YOU QUOTED:

#1) Which GOP candidate is the candidate the author of this article would RATHER have seen win the GOP nomination? ...and if you can answer that, answer this...

#2) In your opinion, would that other candidate have beaten President Barack Obama in 2012?

If you can't answer question #1 then this whole essay is moot and pointless and you should not have quoted it. If you can answer question #1 and you don't think he would have beaten President Obama then the whole essay is moot and pointless and you should not have quoted it. The relentless asinine responses from some idolated fools who actually believe that it was Romney's fault that Obama was re-elected, not one of them have given even one solid, lucid argument, for another GOP candidate that would have beaten President Barack Obama.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:55 pm

eCat wrote:I'm done with the GOP.
Okay, I'm not conviced you were ever with the GOP.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 pm

they are an Obamastooge who just fucking hates Republicans (particularly ones as conservative as Romney.)
How can you read that article and in any way believe that the author supports Obama? You're as bad as the author of that article if you believe that.

As for eCat, he is quite consistent. He is a long-standing libertarian that often (not always) votes Republican.
My Dad is my hero still.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:32 pm

eCat is a dirty liberal
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Filthy...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:16 pm

"Buffet said this awhile back. I'd support it"

Van Nostrum will also support anything with a buffet, or so I've been led to understand...