Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by Saint » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:28 am

Baddour should've been fired years ago. you can't let folks from Wayne County get the keys to the car. ever.

Thorp should be next to go. he should've fired Davis at the end of last season, regardless of what the BoT or BoG thought. too much namby-pamby bullshit going on in this country today. just do shit yourself and accept either the glory or blame or both. and like it.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:31 am

I would absolutely hate to see Leach in the SEC, but if he has to come here, I would prefer him in the SEC-E, so UK would be OK. My greatest fear is that Ole Miss will hire him and fire Nutt. So far, the Black Bear Rebs have stayed the course. Heh.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:38 pm

U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:46 pm

so unc is now not going to release butch's 216 phone records in direct violation of a judges order? so much for integrity in chapel hill. I guess thorp thinks that he can delay the release until after oct 26. doesnt matter. the records will be released, the dots will be connected, the hammer will drop.

lmao at ds's comment about the academics having anything to do with this. those worthless fucks have made grade inflation a policy for 50 years. they have handed degrees to the likes of lawrence taylor, kevin madden, and julius peppers. they have no honor. this is all about protecting unc basketball. thorp is hoping that firing davis and claiming it's about academics will keep the ncca from coming back to campus. maybe he's right. we'll see.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:48 pm

Leach should've been hired by USC, but they were too scared.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:58 pm

Ty Willingham and Todd Turner!!!!

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:16 pm

Bill Friday, a former UNC system president who long has been an advocate for taking the big-time costs out of big-time college sports, said the decision to dismiss Davis would offer a new beginning.

"This sad story has now come to an end," Friday said. "The university is a resilient institution and can turn this around. The university has suffered from it, there’s no doubt about that. But there will come a time when everybody will look back on this and say, ’It’s time to lock arms and move ahead.’

no Bill you hypocritical piece of shit. it's not over. in fact it's just starting believe that.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Bklyn wrote:Leach should've been hired by USC, but they were too scared.
Miami also.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:35 pm

I think the guy at Miami will do a great job for them. making a bowl game at temple is the equivalent to making a bcs bowl at Miami.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:36 pm

8 more
My Dad is my hero still.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:43 pm

btw, how do you "fire" someone and still pay them their salary. Blake got paid $75k and now Butch $2.7mil. and that's after giving him a $325k bonus in June. the university system is facing $100mil in budget cuts, and the Heels think $3mil+ to bitch this year is money well spent. maybe it is because the cost of bitch talking would be catastrophic.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:05 pm

AugustWest wrote:so unc is now not going to release butch's 216 phone records in direct violation of a judges order? so much for integrity in chapel hill. I guess thorp thinks that he can delay the release until after oct 26. doesnt matter. the records will be released, the dots will be connected, the hammer will drop.

lmao at ds's comment about the academics having anything to do with this. those worthless fucks have made grade inflation a policy for 50 years. they have handed degrees to the likes of lawrence taylor, kevin madden, and julius peppers. they have no honor. this is all about protecting unc basketball. thorp is hoping that firing davis and claiming it's about academics will keep the ncca from coming back to campus. maybe he's right. we'll see.
Madden may have a degree, but Taylor and Peppers do not.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:07 pm

It's not coming from the general fund. It's coming from the Athletic Department, which is entirely separate. Unlike NC State, which requires state funds to build its facilities, UNC athletics is largely a private entity.

Also, where in the Court's Order was Butch ordered to turn over the 216-area-code phone records? I thought that the order only dealt with University controlled communications. Correct me if I am wrong. Please do. Just show me where.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:13 pm

DooKSucks wrote:Say what you want about Baddour's decisions with regards to NasCarl, BTB and Doh, but the man gave his professional life to the University and loved it dearly. His tenure as AD was obviously marred by the early hiring debacles, but the AD as a whole improved under his watch. He also got the UNC AD out of the deep red ink it was in when he took the job. In the end, he is being forced out because he had a spine and stood up for one of his employees, which is what so many had accused him of lacking over the years.
Must be a relative...

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:16 pm

the court order required unc to turn over all phone and e-mail records used for state business. baddour, blake, etc all called butch on his 216 number making it a phone used for university business. it's fair game. read my post to that effect on the unc football board. butch's university issued cell phone did not show a single call. period. butch's 216 # was his business phone. coaches are also required to inform compliance of every time they use a personal phone for business so compliance can verify that the coaches arent making too many calls, calling during dead periods etc. what do you want to bet no 216 calls have been reported to compliance. and for 4 years unc's compliance never once asked butch why he wasnt using his unc issued phone. can you spell LOIC? I think you can.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:28 pm

DS, my rant starts about half way down the page.

http://www.goatpen.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=35&start=60

obviously unc still has a lot to hide. remember butch himself said earlier this week that he would release the records after he redacts family and friends. I guess the chapel hill sharpie supply ran out before the was done.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:44 pm

DS, let me clarify, Mannings original order only requested records for university issued phones. butch's phone records were blank, but the phone calls from Baddour, blake etc make it obvious that Butch used 216 as his business phone and therefore subject to foia. either manning can amend his original order or a foia request needs to be filed. a few years back some highway patrol troopers had to turn over their personal phone records so there is precident. the evidence in the records must be damning.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:17 pm

bylinerp Robbi Pickeral
RT @accnow: UNC says it examined Butch Davis' phone records, but did not keep copies: fixed link

how convenient. has it not sunk in to these idiots yet that this kind of crap doesnt work anymore? you can no longer hide behind a lapdog press. the foia request will be made and the records will be releleased. it's time to man up and salvage what little dignity you have left.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:22 pm

“He didn’t give us the records,” said Nancy Davis. “We hired outside legal counsel to take a look at them, but he retained the records, and he has them now.”

Read more: http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/unc-releasing -phone-records-up-to-coach-davis#ixzz1TQbTZk3e

let me guess, unc gave the records to a unc alum attorney and said "wink" "take a look and see if there's a problem here" "wink wink" "we dont need these back by the way." real thorough investigation there Thorp, if I didnt know better I'd swear you were trying to hide something.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:25 pm

from PP...

"Well BMFD did do one thing to prepare the Cheats football program for the future, he has already introduced them to Duke Blue color schemes"