eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: MIT Engineers

Post by eCat » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:32 am

nope, unless he was really wealthy
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:46 am

Sanguine

adjective
optimistic or positive, especially in an apparently bad or difficult situation.
"he is sanguine about prospects for taming pussy"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:10 am

nope, unless he was wealthy
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:51 pm

The car I drive is a 2007 with 160K miles. It seems to be reliable but its left me stranded twice in the last two years.
Its also getting some rust on it now and while I like it, I think its time to move on to another one. I'm throwing parts at it almost monthly now fighting check engine lights.

I"m going to take my wife's car and get her a 3 row SUV hybrid.

So we are in the market for a car. I've decided to go against what I normally do and instead of buying a low mileage late model used one, we are going to get a new one.

The cars I'm looking at are about $20K less than what I paid for my first house here in 1998. And its a fucking Toyota - not a Lexus or Acura, just a working mans Toyota.

I'm going to have to set aside a chunk of cash each month until July just to be able to buy it and have a loan I can knock out in 2 years.

I have no idea how people afford cars today. Hell, I am excited about buying chuck roast for $4.99 a pound.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:59 pm

People have just decided its ok to pay 1000-1500 a month for cars.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:10 pm

its crazy.

how many people can really do that?

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:45 pm

Priorities...

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:26 pm

Hell, I upgraded my car that got totaled (2008 Buick Lucerne with 160K miles) for a 2010 Lucerne with 120K miles. The lady who hit me's insurance immediately settled and sent me a check for $5200 (plus two weeks with a brand new rental SUV while I went about finding a new vehicle), I found the new one of Craig's list for $5500. So I basically was out $300 but I got to drive the honking SUV around for a couple of weeks and got the exact same car except newer with less miles on it. The SUV was really nice and I liked it driving it, but there's no way of God's green earth I'd put down $20K and then have a $65K car loan just b/c I liked driving something like that. Just seems absolutely absurd to me.

I think I would feel the same way even if I won the lottery and could afford to drive anything without the least bit of financial strain, but who knows. It' just not that important to me. The Lucerne drives great, got good pickup, decent gas mileage, plenty of room and trunk space, didn't have any issues with the last one nor (so far) this one (I did have to replace the tire rods a few months ago, it as like $300). I'd much rather spend that money on (say) good wine for the next 4 or 5 years or vacations, I guess at least with the car you'd have something of some value after 5 years, but I'd rather drink good wine and go on vacations than drive an expensive ass new car. It's just not that big a thrill for me, although I can appreciate it and can even understand why that's what some (many, it seems) people would prefer to spend their money on...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:30 pm

I say "totaled" but it's not like the car looked like a sardine can that had just gone thru a trash compactor. It just busted up the front pretty bad, bent up the hood a little and messed up one of the front quarter panels. Hell, I drove it home after the accident. But the insurance guy took one look at it and said "totaled."

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:35 pm

Nissan Armada was the rental car. Great vehicle. We rented a Ford Expedition the last time we went to Colorado, that was nice as fuck too. But there's no way I'd pay $75K+ just to drive around in one, certainly not around here...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:55 pm

Can't help. Never had a car payment.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:23 pm

hedge wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:35 pm Nissan Armada was the rental car. Great vehicle. We rented a Ford Expedition the last time we went to Colorado, that was nice as fuck too. But there's no way I'd pay $75K+ just to drive around in one, certainly not around here...
I rented an Expedition 2 weeks ago in Colorado too
rear wheel drive - it was pretty useless. We took the free shuttle everywhere

We bought a Honda Oddyssey when the kids were born back in 2000. I hung on to that for 12 years and 250K miles. The plan is to do the same with this. Even then it works out to about $4200 a year to own the damn thing. Two years from now I'm going to sell the wifes car which will be mine , and get me a mid size accord or camry with maybe 60K miles on it. I'll have the sedan and my pickup truck and I don't plan on doing anything car wise until maybe the year before I retire.

After that who knows what will happen, but I won't be buying brand new toyotas, I know that much.

I would never purchase a house or a car that impacted my income to the extent I'd have to change how I live my life though. I would rather drive an old POS than not be able to have a weekend getaway or go out for a pizza. That's why I'm setting aside cash to cover most of the purchase.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:34 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:55 pm Can't help. Never had a car payment.
smart man
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:39 pm

aTm wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:59 pm People have just decided its ok to pay 1000-1500 a month for cars.
Well, some people

If you are a single male and you want to get FUCKED, and you don't want to fuck a fat or ugly girl, you need to separate yourself from all the others on Tinder. And the way you do that is by getting the maximum CAR you can get that financing will allow. A really expensive car is a Tinder "signal" to the hypergamous, gold digging, cvnt, one that is hot enough to get any dick she wants, that tells her that you are worthy of the tightness of her pussy. Worthy. Just any other guy with an older car (that is paid for) and you are stuck fucking fat girls. And there is no merit in that. You lose status in the alpha-male-hierarchy.

So, really expensive cars are popular. Sex sells. Take a picture of yourself in front of your $105,000 Tesla, post on Tinder, and get your dick wet by Tinder THOT.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:53 pm

I can't even afford to get my Subaru inspected since I haven't paid taxes or gotten a new license plate for it in 6-7 years. Good thing I only drive it a mile to work and back at night.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:18 pm

You'll be a hit on Tinder...

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:21 pm

What's Tinder?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:22 pm

Ask Toodler...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:44 pm

just before my divorce I had a Porsche , the wife had a BMW convertible, then after the divorce I bought a 300ZX twin turbo.
It served its purpose I guess. too well. a year later my son was born. traded it in for a Camry

I wouldn't want any of those cars now.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:47 pm

Ecat. The Coke Years.