Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by puterbac » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:33 pm

EFZ to the large text...

Chart of the Week: Nearly Half of All Americans Don’t Pay Income Taxes

Rob BlueyFebruary 19, 2012 at 9:32 am

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/19/cha ... ome-taxes/

This year’s Index of Dependence on Government presented startling findings about the sharp increase of Americans who rely on the federal government for housing, food, income, student aid or other assistance. (See last week’s chart.)

Another eye-popping number was the percentage of Americans who don’t pay income taxes, which now accounts for nearly half of the U.S. population. Meanwhile, most of that population receives generous federal benefits.

“One of the most worrying trends in the Index is the coinciding growth in the non-taxpaying public,” wrote Heritage authors Bill Beach and Patrick Tyrrell. “The percentage of people who do not pay federal income taxes, and who are not claimed as dependents by someone who does pay them, jumped from 14.8 percent in 1984 to 49.5 percent in 2009.”

That means 151.7 million Americans paid nothing in 2009. By comparison, 34.8 million tax filers paid no taxes in 1984.
The rapid growth of Americans who don’t pay income taxes is particularly alarming for the fate of the American form of government, Beach and Tyrrell warned. Coupled with higher spending on government programs, it is already proving to be a major fiscal challenge.

“This trend should concern everyone who supports America’s republican form of government,” Beach and Tyrrell wrote. “If the citizens’ representatives are elected by an increasing percentage of voters who pay no income tax, how long will it be before these representatives respond more to demands for yet more entitlements and subsidies from non-payers than to the pleas of taxpayers to exercise greater spending prudence?”

puterbac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by puterbac » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:34 pm

Christie to Buffet...STFU and write a check...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... ut_up.html

puterbac
Senior

Post by puterbac » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:40 pm

Guess he didn't learn a damn thing in that Philly debate...

Obama's Dividend Assault

A plan to triple the tax rate would hurt all shareholders.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... TopStories

President Obama's 2013 budget is the gift that keeps on giving—to government. One buried surprise is his proposal to triple the tax rate on corporate dividends, which believe it or not is higher than in his previous budgets.

Mr. Obama is proposing to raise the dividend tax rate to the higher personal income tax rate of 39.6% that will kick in next year. Add in the planned phase-out of deductions and exemptions, and the rate hits 41%. Then add the 3.8% investment tax surcharge in ObamaCare, and the new dividend tax rate in 2013 would be 44.8%—nearly three times today's 15% rate.

---------------------------------------

Gee dividend income was flat throughout the stock craze of the 90's. What happens to the revenue when the tax rate was cut.....it increases big time...

[img2]http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/imag ... 172403.jpg[/img2]

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Korans burned.....room temperature taliban bodies pissed on.....and how many calls for this general or that general resigning?

...thought so
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Speaking of re-signing...it's getting close to decision time for Irsay.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum on Tuesday criticized a report about a 2008 speech in which he said “Satan has set his sights on the United States of America,” ----tell me there isn't anyone here that didn't hear that comment growing up from about every preacher on TV or deliecvering a sermon. now because santroum said it its news.

“You know, I’m a person of faith. I believe in good and evil,” he told reporters following a rally in Phoenix. “I think if somehow or another because you’re a person of faith you believe in good and evil is a disqualifier for president we’re going to have a very small pool of candidates who can run for president.”

wonder when we hear what mitt says if he has to work sundays and why Joe Smith guides his world

or best example yet of whether religious beliefs should guide our vote

from baracks church for 20 years

"The government lied about the Tuskegee experiment. They purposely infected African American men with syphilis. Governments lie. The government lied about bombing Cambodia and Richard Nixon stood in front of the camera, ‘Let me make myself perfectly clear…’ Governments lie"

The government lied about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq being a threat to the United States peace. And guess what else? If they don’t find them some weapons of mass destruction, they gonna do just like the LAPD, and plant the some weapons of mass destruction. Governments lie...

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:05 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:If anyone has a moral or religious objection to anything should they also have a right to withhold their tax money going towards it?

I mean, churches don't pay taxes (more evidence that churches are persecuted in today's godless America), but their parishioners still do. So one way or another, they will be taxed, and a portion of that tax money will go towards contraception, whether its through Obamacare or through welfare/medicaid for the poor.
What part of:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof
Do you find so difficult to understand?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:02 pm

I mean, churches don't pay taxes (more evidence that churches are persecuted in today's godless America)...
You seem by offended that churches are exempt from paying taxes, as if that is some rare and incredible luxury that applies only to them. That is not the case. There are PLENTY of organizations that are exempt from paying taxes, not just churches. Here are some examples of non-religious tax exempt entities:

Corporations Organized Under Act of Congress (including Federal Credit Unions)
Title Holding Corporation For Exempt Organizations
Educational, Charitable, Scientific, Literary, Testing for Public Safety, to Foster National or International Amateur Sports Competition, or Prevention of Cruelty to Children or Animals Organizations
Civic Leagues, Social Welfare Organizations, and Local Associations of Employees
Labor, Agricultural, and Horticultural Organizations
Business Leagues, Chambers of Commerce, Real Estate Boards, Etc.
Social and Recreation Clubs
Fraternal Beneficiary Societies and Associations
Voluntary Employees’ Beneficiary Associations
Domestic Fraternal Societies and Associations
Teachers’ Retirement Fund Associations
Benevolent Life Insurance Associations, Mutual Ditch or Irrigation Companies, Mutual or Cooperative Telephone Companies
Cemetery Companies
State Chartered Credit Unions, Mutual Reserve Funds
Mutual Insurance Companies or Associations
Cooperative Organizations to Finance Crop Operations
Supplemental Unemployment Benefit Trusts
Employee Funded Pension Trust (created before June 25, 1959)
Post or Organization of Past or Present Members of the Armed Forces
Group Legal Services Plan Organizations
Black Lung Benefit Trusts
Withdrawal Liability Payment Fund
Veterans Organization (created before 1880)
Title Holding Corporations or Trusts with Multiple Parents
State-Sponsored Organization Providing Health Coverage for High-Risk Individuals
State-Sponsored Workers’ Compensation Reinsurance Organization
Cooperative Hospital Service Organizations
Cooperative Service Organizations of Operating Educational Organizations
Child Care Organization
Charitable Risk Pools
Farmers’ Cooperative Associations
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

billy bob bocephus
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by billy bob bocephus » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:13 pm

Canadian journalist's take on the Keystone project

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/keys ... 0506675001

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Ok lawyer dudes on here. I need to find the exact wording on a law regarding TennCare regs for tamper proof paper.

I have the federal regs and I had to get this system or be fined by the feds. Problem is the feds saw what a mistake they were making by leaving out EMR so 2 months after they released the charts saying what was acceptable they "clarified" and added things to the chart. Basically there are 3 areas that are required and a legal prescription has to have ONE feature out of each category.

Tennessee law says that in Tennessee a legal prescription must have ONE out of each category of current CMS guidelines and must comply with the fed guidelines and the TennCare guidelines. The AG for Tennessee's official ruling is that the paper doesn't have to come from anyone or be certified, it just has to meet the requirement of having ONE feature out of each category of CMS guidelines.

Then when you look up TennCare's stuff they say "what is considered tamper proof paper, it is any paper that meets CMS guidelines and has ONE feature from each category". But in another place they have the chart, but the chart they have is the one BEFORE the revision, they have the April chart not the June chart which is the clarified version.

Now clearly they were referencing the CMS guidelines but now I have a pharmacist that says he can't take the prescriptions because while they meet federal law the state pharmacy board says since TennCare inclded the outdated chart only the things on the outdated chart are legal.

I need to find the ACTUAL LAW, how it's written per TennCare to see if it says "only the ones in the example chart" or if it says like everything else, ONE from each CMS category.

How do I find the actual law? I haven't been able to. I found the AG's opinion that it didn't matter, I found the state law that says legal is what CMS says (one in each category) but it also deffers to TennCare as well. I can't find the actual TennCare reg and it's wording to see what it says exactly. I can only find summaries and some say "ONE feature from each CMS category" and some say "one in each CMS category BELOW" and has the outdated chart.

Here are links showing where CMS released one chart then two months later released the updated version.

http://www.ncpdp.org/pdf/Final_ltr_to_m ... ectors.pdf This letter to them plainly says they may need to update their charts.

https://www.cms.gov/FraudAbuseforProfs/ ... edfaqs.pdf This one is from CMS saying that whoops we made a mistake. Yes you can have a legal prescription from EMR without buying special paper

http://www.tn.gov/tenncare/forms/tamperresistant.pdf This is one of the TennCare interpretations, but another says "per the chart below" and it is the outdated CMS list.

Gubment beuracracy at it's best. I must do what the feds say or I get fined so much per patient by medicare. I have no choice. Now the pharmacies are saying they will get fined so much per patient if they accept a prescription that the feds mandated because they have to make sure that TennCare doesn't mean "this chart only" and means "per CMS guidelines".

Friggin need to be a lawyer to try and figgure this crap out.

Ironically my prescriptions are the identical "Best Practice" example for EMR cited by CMS for the fed regs. I have their ideal prescription but because there MAY be a conflict due to TennCare being lazy and not updating the chart that came out two months later the Board of Pharmacy may decide not to take my prescriptions (the board of pharmacy was completely unaware there was a clarification or that the CMS regs had even changed because they had been relying on the chart provided in the TennCare example instead of looking up the CMS regs).

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:13 pm

You don't know how lucky you are to have the state of Tennessee protecting you like that.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:35 pm

Prof-

When your tax money is spent on things your morally object to, do you feel that your first amendment rights have been violated?

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:42 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:You don't know how lucky you are to have the state of Tennessee protecting you like that.

Well it's not the state.

The Feds made the regulation. The state then made a regulation to comply so they wouldn't lose federal funding. The one problem is the states medicaide program, TennCare used the outdated graphic/chart in their description. That is because CMS changed the graphic/chart within 2 months. TennCare has the state board of pharmacy scared to death because they can audit each pharmacy and if they have accepted prescriptions not on TennCare approved paper they can demand all the money they paid to the pharmacy back. Well it says "per CMS guidelines" but the examples they give aren't updated. The pharmacies are rightfully worried about what the actual TennCare guideiline really is. Is it only what is in the outdated graphic or is it the CMS guidelines? If it's the CMS guidelines then they are fine, if it is only the chart in the example then they are at risk of losing thousands of dollars by accepting my prescriptions (which I am required by law to do or be fined for every patient I have).

That's why I need to find the exact wording of the TennCare part. I need to show it to the state board of pharmacy so they will accept my EMR generated prescriptions.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:10 am

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Prof-

When your tax money is spent on things your morally object to, do you feel that your first amendment rights have been violated?
I'm not a religion, so these words which you seem unable to decipher - "or... prohibiting... the... free... exercise... thereof..." - don't apply to me.

But I do have a second amendment right to keep and bear arms. So, therefore, I Professor Tiger, hereby demand that the federal government provide me with an unlimited supply of free ammunition so that I can exercise my second amendment rights whenever I feel like it. Furthermore, the federal government must force Planned Parenthood, NOW, NARAL must pay for my new free lifetime supply of ammunition. After all, it's my constitutional right to have free ammo, just like women's right to free birth control/abortifacients.

If NOW, NARAL and Planned Parenthood don't want to pay for my free ammunition, screw them. Is ammunition legal? Yes. Can I go out and buy it any time I want to? Of course. But without free ammunition, millions of underpriveleged shooters might be forced into back alley reloading. That is unsafe and could cause tragic deaths of innocent shooters. That is too horrible to contemplate.

Okay, okay. On second thought, I will compromise and let NOW, NARAL and Planned Parenthood's insurance company pay for my ammunition. This shows what a fair and caring person I am. It's not important that their insurance company will simply pay for my free ammunition by charging NARAL, NOW and Planned Parenthood higher premiums, so that they will wind up paying for my free ammunition anyway. The important thing is that my second amendment right to free ammunition paid for by NOW, NARAL and Planned Parenthood must be obeyed. This is who we are as Americans.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:39 am

"Don't do it DSL, prof has the higher ground..."

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:30 am

From the Global Warming scientists are smart neutral climateologists and NonGlobal Warming scientists are stupid, big oil influnced liars department:

This is hilarious. A left leaning journalist working for a left leaning publication has uncovered a fraud by a well established authority on climate change. I've linked her third of four articles which kind of sums up the whole ordeal, but you have to read her 1st and 2nd article leading up to this to get the full effect of the comedy...

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/arc ... es/253395/

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:52 pm

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:54 pm

sardis wrote:From the Global Warming scientists are smart neutral climateologists and NonGlobal Warming scientists are stupid, big oil influnced liars department:

This is hilarious. A left leaning journalist working for a left leaning publication has uncovered a fraud by a well established authority on climate change. I've linked her third of four articles which kind of sums up the whole ordeal, but you have to read her 1st and 2nd article leading up to this to get the full effect of the comedy...

25 words or less, please.
Let 'er Blow!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:56 pm

sardis wrote:From the Global Warming scientists are smart neutral climateologists and NonGlobal Warming scientists are stupid, big oil influnced liars department:

Heartland's private documents show where they get their funding. The docs were obtained under false pretenses (hiss) and put on the web. The end.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:49 pm

bluetick wrote:

Heartland's private documents show where they get their funding. The docs were obtained under false pretenses (hiss) and put on the web. The end.
Actually the documents were complete forgery.