aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: La Salle Explorers

Post by aTm » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:00 pm

Or dead. Or not at all.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:19 pm

SHARK WEEK!

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:23 pm

aTm wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:00 pm Or dead. Or not at all.
we need mods
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:23 pm

Hedge is a mod…
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:50 pm

I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:08 am

just imagine, Mexicans being angered at Americans coming to their country to work.....

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:42 am

There you go, e. High altitude city makes a cooler climate. Sounds like your new remote location.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:36 pm

I always heard that Costa Rica was a good place to retire as an ex pat

I would never consider Mexico
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:48 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:36 pm I always heard that Costa Rica was a good place to retire as an ex pat

I would never consider Mexico
My great uncle has a house down there in an area/community comprised almost exclusively of ex-pats and the locals they pay to live on the properties in guest house type buildings to look after everything.

He tells me I can go down anytime I want, but I just haven’t done it yet.

Then again, given that side of the family, it’s probably a good thing that I don’t go there. The one time I would go would be the time they would probably bust him for money laundering through offshore accounts to avoid taxes or some shit and then think I was in on it too since I’m family and going to his house.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:10 pm

You probably are.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:45 pm

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:58 pm

The man made his nut running bingo parlors and computer gaming / sweepstakes facilities for the better part of the past half century. I have no illusion that someone with that much actual cash rolling in nightly is coming anywhere close to following the law when it comes to taxes and the like.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:18 pm

Judgy

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:05 am

I just got back from Costa Rica, punkles. Nice country, nice people. But whatever you do, don't fly Frontier...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:24 am

there are alot of airlines that suck at the moment

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:13 pm

Not like Frontier. They only allow 40 lbs. for checked bags (not 50 lbs like most airline) and charge you for carry-ons. We had points on Frontier Credit cards that we signed up for on some trip 2 years ago, they gave you something ridiculous like 50K points if you spent a few thousand within 6 months so we basically had 2 free tickets. But when we started looking at what they were charging for checked bags and carry-ons (plus the price of the tickets and we also went ahead and got seat upgrades), we still spent about $200 each for their "package" to pay for all of that. Still a decent deal for round trip to Costa Rica.

Well, they lost one of the checked bags on the way down there. Not really a huge deal, they found the bag and sent it to us a few days later. But then when we were coming back, the flight was delayed so long that we missed out connecting flight in Orlando to get back to NC. Again, not a huge deal, they got us on the first plane out the next morning, but we had to fly to Cleveland before finally getting back to NC. They said check with a Frontier agent when we got to Orlando for a hotel voucher. But of course there were no Frontier agents to be found when we got to Orlando at 11pm, so I had to shell out $300 so we could lay in bed for a few hours.

They also forgot to put "carry on allowed" on the new boarding passes, which I didn't notice at the time and I esp. didn't notice it when they didn't say anything when we left Orlando at 5am, they let us on the plane with our carry-on's without a word. But when we tried to get on the plane in Cleveland, they pointed it out and said we couldn't take the carry-on's onto the plane. The MIF was enraged and started digging thru her bag to find the receipt that shows that we had paid for the carry-on's, but the little cunt at the ticket counter just had to out-cunt the MIF and she said to the other girl at the counter who was checking the boarding passes "uh-uh, I ain't helping these people," and just backed her fat ass up against the wall and started looking at her phone. There was some other slack-jawed faggot up there but when the MIF showed him her receipt for the carry-on's, he just kinda halfass looked at his computer and pretended to punch something in and then mumbled "I can't find it."

In the meantime I asked the fat cunty latino what her name was and she just shook her head, so I took out my camera and took a picture of her but she had already turned her badge around so you couldn't see it and then started threatening to kick us off the flight. So I said OK, I'll pay it, how much to is it to get our 2 small carry-on's onto the plane? $200. When we finally got back to Raleigh, the people at the Frontier counter pulled it right up and said we shouldn't have had to pay and they made a note on our record, blahblahblah, but we've still got to go thru the hassle of calling and getting reimbursed for the hotel and the carry-on fee. Thankfully the MIF got travel insurance and the Frontier people in Raleigh, who actually were pretty helpful, said we'd probably get full reimbursement for the hotel room. I hope they'll reimburse us for the $80 worth of booze I bought at the front desk of the hotel, since the bar was already closed...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:28 pm

"Considering this, travel insurance comparison site InsureMyTrip analyzed over 25,000 tweets over a two-week period from July 19 to August 2, 2021 to discover which of the 10 largest U.S. airlines received the most positive and negative mentions across an industry still struggling to cope with the effects of a global pandemic.

Frontier Airlines has the highest proportion of poor reviews, with around 60 percent of its Twitter mentions containing a negative sentiment. Nearly 20 percent of negative keywords in Frontier’s mentions are due to “delays," “cancellations” or “customer service” issues."

https://www.travelagentcentral.com/tran ... r-mentions

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:37 pm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:40 pm

Now I'm on hold with what is clearly a Filipino call center, I will be shocked if the call isn't dropped at being on hold 30 minutes...

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:51 pm

I wish you were dropped off a cruise ship and it was 30 minutes before anyone noticed.
Butt juice