hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Uncle Bud

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:57 pm

That's a good tribute...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:20 am

Bet he had 5000 cases of pbr in his lifetime

2 cases a week 100 cases a year x 50 years

for some reason switched to bud light last 5 years

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:37 am

288 ounces in a case x 5000 cases = 1.44 million ounces divided by 128 ounces in a gallon = 11,250 gallons. I'd say your old man gets the blue ribbon...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:00 am

crashcourse wrote:Bet he had 5000 cases of pbr in his lifetime

2 cases a week 100 cases a year x 50 years

for some reason switched to bud light last 5 years
that's about a year after PBR became a hipster beer choice.

Maybe he got tired of kids asking him if he preferred Kimchi tacos or artisanal kale infused donuts with it
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:15 am

What pissed me off about PBR becoming hipster is the price went from $3.50 a six to $7.50.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:01 pm

I still see PBR offered in places where craft beer has taken over. It might just be an attempt at an ironic hipster statement, but most places like that I've seen it at (even in New York) still have it for like $1.50 a pint while everything else is $5 or more...

Speaking of classic piss beers, do they still make Stroh's? We used to drink that in high school. Coors was kinda exotic, they sold it in Virginia but not in NC. A few cans managed to find their way down to us, though. In college it was Carling's Black Label and Olde Style. Somehow Black Label was considered rot gut while Olde Style was considered good. After a couple of pitchers, I don't think it mattered anymore...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:15 pm

hedge wrote:I still see PBR offered in places where craft beer has taken over. It might just be an attempt at an ironic hipster statement, but most places like that I've seen it at (even in New York) still have it for like $1.50 a pint while everything else is $5 or more...

Speaking of classic piss beers, do they still make Stroh's? We used to drink that in high school. Coors was kinda exotic, they sold it in Virginia but not in NC. A few cans managed to find their way down to us, though. In college it was Carling's Black Label and Olde Style. Somehow Black Label was considered rot gut while Olde Style was considered good. After a couple of pitchers, I don't think it mattered anymore...
For us it was Busch Natural Light.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:19 pm

Yeah, Natural Light was also popular in high school. National Bohemian came later...

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:40 pm

For us it was PBR in long neck bottles for $1.50 a six.
Let 'er Blow!

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:47 pm

kids asking him if he preferred Kimchi tacos or artisanal kale infused donuts with it

I doubt he ever ate anything like that ever.

after a shift at Navistar would spend 4-6 hours drinking

weekends over my grandpas

2 packs of unfiltered pallmalls a dayfor 60 years

never spent a night in the hospital

I think strohs is still out there

why yes it is

http://www.freep.com/story/entertainmen ... /87562164/

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:23 pm

This is the style of Stroh's cans I remember:

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:24 pm

10ac wrote:For us it was PBR in long neck bottles for $1.50 a six.

It hasn't been that long ago since $8.99 suitcases of Miller Lite. Beer prices are getting crazy.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:34 pm

Not to jinx anything, but Coors sent out a release yesterday saying they're eyeing bringing back Zima for a limited run.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:36 pm

DS will be overjoyed

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:32 am

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:22 pm

That's Christmas vittles in the hilljack households.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:58 am

So of course we go check out a weed dispensary while we're in Colorado, the girl behind the counter (voted best "budtender" in Crested Butte, according to the ad in the local paper) was very helpful and pulled out a bunch of jars of weed and let us smell them and look at them under a magnifying glass, etc, which my brother loved, even though he's been clean and sober for over 15 years. Anyway, I wasn't interested in buying any weed, but I did want to get some edibles. I ended up getting 3 bottles of pills, 10 pills in each bottle, each pill containing 10 mg THC. That was $22 per bottle, so basically $2 per pill. I took one pill on each of the last 2 days we were there, I could kinda feel it, but it wasn't like I was stoned or anything, but I suspect if I had taken 2 pills I would've been somewhat stoned. Anyway, I thought that was pretty good value. Also bought 2 little bottles of liquid, basically being marketed like 5 Hour Energy, same size and shape little bottle, etc, those we listed as 10 mg THC as well but $8 apiece, I asked her why wouldn't you just buy the pills for $2 per 10 mg THC, she said for some reason the liquid just hits you harder. Then she showed me some bigger bottles of liquid (10 oz. bottles) with 100 mg THC, those were $26, so now we're back down to $2.60 per 10mg THC and in liquid form to boot, so I bought 3 of those (should've just not bought the overpriced little bottles for $8, but I did anyway).

So anyway, this is less than $150 worth of product, I'm figuring the worst that can happen is that they'll just confiscate it if they check my bags, figuring that the only time they even check the bags is on the outbound flight, which, since I would still be in Colorado, I'm not doing anything illegal by having it in the bag to start with, but of course I couldn't help but think what if they alert the authorities in NC that somebody is trying to smuggle in some THC products, but even then I figured for that amount the most they could do would be to write me a ticket or something. So I stuff all these bottle into my snow boots in my checked back and then stuff some socks on top and head to the airport. I get back to NC, get my bags off the carousel at baggage claim and head home. Get home and open the bags the socks have been taken out of my boots and there's a pre-printed note from the TSA that has been placed into one of the boots that says something to the effect of "All bags are subject to search and your bag was chosen, we apologize if your items are disorganized or if a lock on your bag has been broken, blah blah blah." But all the bottles of liquid and also the pills were still there. Props to the Colorado TSA...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:20 pm

that stuff they sell in those stores is serious shit.

Its nothing like weed was back in when we were in high school. It will fuck you up for awhile. Especially when you hit it in the McDonalds parking lot and then decide your wife should drive up the mountain roads and then while she does it you're convinced she's gonna drive off the side.

at least that's what I hear.

I have read its a huge problem with people going to Colorado and crossing states lines with it.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:28 pm

I don't know, we got some pretty good weed in college. Anyway, the had about 20 different varieties, the supposedly good stuff for like $50 an eighth, the second tier stuff for like $35 an eighth and the stuff on sale for $25 and eighth and $150 an ounce. The stuff on sale looked and smelled just as good as the so-called primo stuff to me, and they listed the THC content of all of their selections and they were all within a few percentage points of each other. I can definitely say that the on sale stuff would've been considered primo in any other setting. Also, they had vaginal THC suppositories, evidently they help ease menstrual cramps. Evidently they also make regular THC suppositories (although I guess you could stick one of the so-called vaginal ones up your ass). I didn't see those, but the budtender said that one of her friends used both of them at the same time once and was stoned for 3 days. When she was explaining it, she said her friend used one of the vaginal and one for the men, and I said why do you say "for the men?" and she said because they were mainly used by gay men. I changed the subject after that...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:29 pm

"I have read its a huge problem with people going to Colorado and crossing states lines with it."

See, to me that's a bonus, not a problem...