Toronto Raptors - We can't be pathetic forever, can we?

Moderators: T Dot O Dot, Owlman, Bklyn

sotola
Sophomore

Re: Toronto Raptors - We can't be pathetic forever, can we?

Post by sotola » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Nope, not a squabble jungle rat. Just refusing to be baited into stupidity. I can only hope the Raptors don't make the mistake of drafting a guy whose ceiling is a fringe starter like Ross or wasting their 2nd round picks on guys like Quincy Acy when "Clearly" Quincy Miller was a far superior talent. I can never learn nearly as much about basketball by watching the games and relying on my experiences as I can from boxscores so until I get that talent, I simply refuse to be baited.

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:58 am

Bating and stupidity... LOL That's rich coming from the likes of you since that's pretty much what you've been doing all season.

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:36 pm

Yes Yoss. your rich, insightful analysis of Ross' ceiling being a fringe starter was incredibly insightful. I can imagine why my opinions come out as stupid in light of such brilliance.

In any case, have a nice life.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:38 pm

[youtube]MBfYQOSSPqc[/youtube]
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:31 pm

It's funny you keep saying you don't want to be baited but you keep replying. LOL. I'm wondering who's doing the actual baiting.

I can only hope my opinion of Ross was half as insightful as your defending Landry Fields signing.

You do realize Ross hasn't played nearly well enough consistently throughout the season (partly Casey's fault) for the statement to be false, right? And although I have a higher opinion of Ross than beginning of season, Andre Drummond is still a much better prospect especially on a mediocre team with limited means of improving itself, which was the whole point.

Hey, our opinions aren't that different regarding this team. We both think this team is extremely mediocre and we both think everyone on this team except a few should be gone. Only difference is I've been saying that since Colangelo has been working his magic in the offseason and it took you almost the entire season to realize it. And yet you are the one who's patting himself on the back and sounding like a guy all too pleased with himself for coming up with some great revelation with the tired phrase of 'Gay trade makes us different not better'.

Of course, that's entirely wrong. Gay trade does make us better. In the context of what Colangelo has been building this team towards since offseason started. You are just late catching on and realizing what that is and the horrifying implications. Too bad your unwarranted arrogance make you blind to all this.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Bklyn » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:30 pm

LOL at aTm taking up hedge's mantle.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:45 pm

Don't laugh. It's a Criminal Minds episode in 14.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:59 am

"LOL at aTm taking up hedge's mantle."

Somebody had to do it...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Rumors flying around that both Colangelo and Casey could stay one more year... We also got both of them kissing each other's butts right now cause they probably realize their fates are tied. Won't be bothering with this team for a while if this is the case.

If the ownership group doesn't care enough to fire people who have fucked up time and again, then fans shouldn't care to watch the product.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:08 am

im just a basketball fan now, on some 1994 shyt

im fed up with the organization & the fans, and we lost a coin flip 2 years in a row, this year to the sixers... its not out pick but our fortune just sucks

I like Ross, but Barnes would be killing it over here with no Curry or Mychal Thompson taking his looks... just one coin flip away

Val is a bright spot

and the fans who think were better off with this years 10th pick over kyle lowry are just stupid to me

right now my feel good comes from the fact that Anthony Bennett will go lottery, that's 4 first rounders from the toronto area in the last 3 years... 2 of them probably top 5

and we all know next year is a lock for a stud
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:18 am

this is beautiful execution, but slightly illegal

but watch how golden state runs this play for thompson & curry over and over with amazing results, even when the defense knows it's coming

it's been dubbed elevator because the defender is basically running at a closing elevator door, the screen is moving but when timed right no ref will ever whistle this

[youtube]iUS4vUh4M6I[/youtube]
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:24 am

clippers smashed memphis last night

Gay carried that series to the brink last year when Gasol & Z-Bo disappeared, im interested to see how they fare...... with all the "better without rudy" junk cats are sayin'

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:18 am

Still disgusted that Colangelo and Casey could stay another year. I'm done if that's the case. Phil Jackson is said to be interested in front office position, why not go after this guy? Maybe this team is too small time but give him enough power, money and strike first and he might be interested. Anything's better than Colangelo at this point.

Phil Jackson is big enough name that he could hold fans' interest while they rebuild the right way (i.e. trade everyone as necessary except Valanciunas to go hard after Wiggins) if they decide that's the path they want to take. He'll be able to last long enough to see his plan through unlike some tool like Babcock.

As for Lowry, I think it's much more complicated than loss of a 10th pick or whatever pick it ends up being (didn't even keep up). I think the biggest thing with me is that they invested a lottery pick on him and didn't even do a proper job to make the best use of him. He didn't get a fair shake and when things went bad, they happily sent the blame his way. Total mismanagement by Casey. Also value between the pick and Lowry can vary depending on where you think this team is and where you think it is going. Lowry only has a year or two left on his contract also and it could very well end up being short rental of Lowry for Raptors if this thing doesn't turn around fast but even if it does and he comes back, you'll just end up locking yoruself into years of mediocrity at best.

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:24 am

As for Ross, he's solid but I still look at that 8th pick as a HUGE lost opportunity. When you are at crossroads like we were on the brink of rebuilding plan failing and you get one last chance with one of the possible top 3 prospects of draft falling, you take it.

Barnes could've been good for us, too, but there's not much that could've been done about that coin toss. It's what led to that coin toss that pisses me off. You basically let some Dleague scrubs play their minds out for their next contract with your franchise's entire future at stake. And we are still paying for it cause Alan Anderson is getting in the way of Ross's development.

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:58 pm

I really hope that Casey and Colangelo are around next year based on what I read above.... REALLLY hope

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:18 pm

LOL that's pretty sad.

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:54 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... ffice-Role

So is getting Phil Jackson here in place of Colangelo too much of a dream? Or are we invested too much in current core for him to be interested?

I believe this team has enough for him to go either way (continue with current core or blow up and start over) and similar level of power as Colangelo might interest him. As good a timing and as good a replacement there is right now.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:43 pm

So is getting Phil Jackson here in place of Colangelo too much of a dream?
yes. He turned down Cleveland which has better raw talent imo. I doubt he would consider Toronto. Jackson seems to be only a big market person.
My Dad is my hero still.

yossarian1234
Sophomore

Post by yossarian1234 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:49 pm

You may ultimately be right but in this case, Cavaliers inquired about coaching position and he's not interested because he wants a front office position with no coaching.

We would be offering him a position as team president. Huge difference.