Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Georgia Bulldogs

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:54 pm

Dr. Nostron wrote:
Professor Tiger wrote:Meanwhile FSU's credibly accused rapist is still playing.

Enlighten me please.
http://deadspin.com/report-jameis-winst ... 1645110150
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:14 pm

I don't know if a deadspin article on the FSU disciplinary council counts as "credibly accused".
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

KeviNole
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by KeviNole » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Three black men dispute the accusations of one white woman - when are you going to recant your racism Prof?

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:06 pm

Even if he only counts each black men as three-fifths a person, that would still be 9/5 or 1.8 to 1!
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:40 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Slive's great achievement is that he got SEC programs to stop turning each other in and built a stone wall of silence with regards to the NCAA. The SEC was going on probation like crazy during the 80's and 90's. It's strains all believability that they are just a lot cleaner today, even with significantly more money flying around everywhere. The NCAA is pretty incompetent at finding dirt on anyone unless a rival turns you in or you self-report.
Try having little brother in Raleigh (they had associate AD's working in conjunction with their football program to turn in everything possible on UN...fucking associate AD's were specifically tasked with finding dirt on UNC), little brother's entire fan base and the local media working in conjunction over the course of five years to get the death penalty thrown at your program...
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:09 am

I don't even know why this is news, frankly.

Of course, after repeated attempts by FSU to interview the complainant over the last 20 months, each of which was ignored/rejected, she finally decides that "THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN AND IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN NOW!!!!!!!!" Oh well, this will either be dragged out until the season is over and Jameis drops out of school, or for the fourth time there will not be enough evidence to take action. It's interesting that the complainant charged his roommates (who peeked in his door to watch the action) with violating her privacy and not failure to stop a sex crime...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:42 am

AlabamAlum wrote:I don't know if a deadspin article on the FSU disciplinary council counts as "credibly accused".
There is a federal title IX investigation going on. That may not be the kind of thing that the FSU administration and Tally PD can tamp down.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:29 am

There are over 50 Title IX investigations occurring across the country, including multiple at Harvard, Vanderbilt, etc. FSU has done nothing to attempt to "tamp it down", it's federally mandated whenever there is a complaint of this type. Should FSU have the young lady arrested, brought back onto campus, and forced to testify in order to move forward with the process?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:43 am

I had no idea that date rape was as much a problem at Vanderbilt and Harvard as it is at FSU.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:50 am

Vandy has had a huge rape scandal the past year or so.
— Abraham Lincoln

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:57 am

DooKSucks wrote: Try having little brother in Raleigh (they had associate AD's working in conjunction with their football program to turn in everything possible on UN...fucking associate AD's were specifically tasked with finding dirt on UNC), little brother's entire fan base and the local media working in conjunction over the course of five years to get the death penalty thrown at your program...
Sounds familiar to Auburn fans. In 2010, we were given the death penalty by the Birmingham News, the New York Times, SI, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU (et al), Tigerdroppings, Scott Moore, Danny Sheridan, and countless others.

dave_rickart
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Virginia

Post by dave_rickart » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:20 pm

who the hell would want to fuck a Vandy chick?
Home of the 2019 National Champions.

DDAL
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgia

Post by DDAL » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Georgia did exactly what we discussed they not do: actually admit the violation and accept the punishment. The fact they have not applied for reinstatement and that Gurley is not playing tomorrow is proof positive that this will be a 4 game suspension. When Georgia goes 1-3 or 2-2 during the suspension, will it be worth it? I know everyone knows Gurley took money and so did Winston, but who cares? FSU will be in the playoff playing for it all come December. The current inept and punchless NCAA will never prove anything on Winston.

Everyone in the country will criticize Jimbo and Winston for their lack of character, but no self-respecting Nole will give a shit what anyone else thinks.

I've never met one Auburn fan say they feel less than euphoric about the 2010 Tigers, not one. Georgia is stupid and deserves its mediocrity.
34 Years and Counting...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:18 pm

We deserved 2010. We were royally screwed over in 2004, which made 2010 even more deserved.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:47 am

Auburn played a weakass schedule in 2004 and deserved to play a mediocre game against VA Tech. You got a People's Championship out of it. Be happy.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:16 am

Their sched was bad in 2004. But okie's wasn't good, either. Before the bowls that year, Auburn played 3 teams that ended with 10+ wins. Oklahoma? 1.

Overall, OU's was better, and the choice was justified.
— Abraham Lincoln

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:11 pm

DDAL wrote:Everyone in the country will criticize Jimbo and Winston for their lack of character, but no self-respecting Nole will give a shit what anyone else thinks.
Again, lack of character for what exactly?

Gurley had a credible accusation (by a scumbag) that he was paid for his autograph. Despite ESPN begging and pleading for someone to come forward with a similar accusation about Winston, NO ONE except ESPN is claiming he was paid. No one. If someone came forward and made such claims and had some reasonable documentation/pictures, I would be all for suspending him until an investigation was done. But as it stands, the whole scandal manufacturing going on here is outrageous.

The problem is ESPN keeps parroting their bullshit and people aren't intelligent or informed enough to know what's going on. The reality is that Winston has actually done two things in the last year...stealing $30 of crab legs and screaming an internet meme. If people want to cry that he wasn't punished severely enough for the former that's fine, but he was over-punished IMO for the latter. The bb gun incidents happened almost two years ago when he was still redshirting but brought to light when everyone was scandal hunting.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:17 pm

One of the articles on Jameis said that he and another teammate recorded an Instagram of a rap song a month after the rape allegation.

Here’s a window into what Winston learned from that investgation: A month or so after prosecutors decided not to charge him, he and a teammate posted an Instagram video of themselves singing a verse from a rap song called “On the Floor.” It’s about men who proceed after hearing the word “No” from women. Sample lyric: “She said she wants to take it slow. I’m not that type of guy I’ll letcha know. When I see that red light all I know is go.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/co ... story.html

I don't Instagram, so I can only assume it's true. Character, I can't speak to. But his record since arriving at FSU isn't smart, even if the rape allegation isn't true and he didn't take money for signing the 2000 items.

To recap, since at FSU:

BB gun incident
Burger King incident
Rape allegation
Instagram a song about not taking no for an answer with women and sex
Shoplifting crab legs
FUCK HER IN THE PUSSYgate
2000 signed items sent to an authenticator

The media shitstorm started with the rape allegation. He just needs to lay low. He needs to be smart enough to avoid all future appearances of impropriety. But it seems like we're saying this every week.

And for the record, I'm glad he's playing. He's from Alabama, and if I had a second favorite team, it'd be FSU: Bobby Bowden is from Alabama, and he's a legend, Jimbo was a Saban assistant, and FSU beat Auburn for the NC last year. All good things.
— Abraham Lincoln

DDAL
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgia

Post by DDAL » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:46 pm

AA, you called it, and I thank you for that. My life has improved considerably since Thursday. Funny how much my happiness depends on college football. It is insane and irrational, but I own that.

Kevi: You know what I meant. Jimbo stands up for Winston thick and thin, allegation or no. Richt does everything by the book, and it has cost us more than once. Today it doesn't look it will. Props to him, but we should have cleared Gurley with a denial and no proof conclusion by now. BTW, you know I am a Nole too, right?
34 Years and Counting...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:54 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Auburn played a weakass schedule in 2004 and deserved to play a mediocre game against VA Tech. You got a People's Championship out of it. Be happy.
When Auburn goes undefeated in the SEC and beats several ranked teams, it's a weakass schedule. When anybody else in the SEC does that, they are held in awe. Meanwhile, OU beats a series of sarsaparilla shops and haberdasheries in the Big XII, and they get picked, and are subsequently forced to squeal like a pig in the NCG.