Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: La Salle Explorers

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:43 am

So at the 1:23 mark, she bout gets knocked off her feet by a gust (or claims to, anyway) but then, I guess to assure viewers that she could get to safety quickly if need be, the camera zooms backwards to show where they are filming from, i.e., some sort of alcove or outdoor foyer of some building that is up a short set of stairs. The woman broadcaster standing in the rain then informs us that the film crew is not even wearing rain gear and are sitting in chairs. Why couldn't she be up there with them? They could still get the exact same shot of the wind and the rain in the background, and she would be dry. But no, they have to stand out there and weave in the wind and rain. Same with covid (that makes no sense, but I'm saying it anyway)...

I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:52 am

I watched a little bit of that while she was in the "eye".

She said they were in a parking garage, and was just down the street from whoever the guy is that shows up when your town is about to be demolished.

I know you run out of things to talk about being on the air nonstop during an event like this, but I was about 3 minutes into it and they focused on the light fixtures in the foyer being swayed by the wind.

That was when I had to let the people of Lake Charles go it alone.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:54 am

Who is the guy who shows up when your town is about to be demolished? Whoever he is, he must have a lot of free time. I mean, how often does a town get demolished??

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:05 am

I can't believe I forgot his name, its kind of a meme now. You don't want this guy standing in your yard when a hurricane is coming
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:07 am

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:09 am

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:12 am

I thought you were talking about some dude with a bulldozer that travels around to help clean up demolished towns...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:56 pm

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:04 pm

I watched that shit on TWC during the storm, too. That station is a joke. I'm sure the wind was strong but I didn't need to hear her keep chirping about how it's safety first always at The Weather Channel. And what happened to the tidal wave they promised?

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:19 pm

hedge wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:56 pm
One of the girls in the group they showed at the end worked as an associate at my old firm for a year or so.

There's a group from Fayetteville who want to go. I guess I'll end up going with them, but I've been so many times I don't see the need to hire a driver, travel seventy-five minutes, wait two to three hours and drive back for a steak when I can cook a better steak at home, be away from people and enjoy my scotch and cabernet in peace, all for a hell of a lot cheaper.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:50 pm

The dude who owns it now was on the Termite League team that I coached when I was in 9th grade. Hedge was supposed to help me coach it but he didn't/doesn't know fuck about baseball and so he never came back after the first practice.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:09 am

seems like 80% of the hurricanes land during the night.

I want a cat 5 to hit about 8am and just drag out all day - people a dam weather man in a clock tower somewhere with a camera and film shit getting blown/washed away.

these night hurricanes suck

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:35 am

"I don't see the need to hire a driver, travel seventy-five minutes, wait two to three hours and drive back for a steak when I can cook a better steak at home, be away from people and enjoy my scotch and cabernet in peace, all for a hell of a lot cheaper."

I have to agree with that, but it's a nice night out if you only have to drive 3 miles...

"Hedge was supposed to help me coach it but he didn't/doesn't know fuck about baseball and so he never came back after the first practice."

Come on man, I had the mono. That was probably about the same time Logan contracted it. Only difference was, I got over it in a couple weeks, he's still got it...

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:34 am

hedge wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:35 am "I don't see the need to hire a driver, travel seventy-five minutes, wait two to three hours and drive back for a steak when I can cook a better steak at home, be away from people and enjoy my scotch and cabernet in peace, all for a hell of a lot cheaper."

I have to agree with that, but it's a nice night out if you only have to drive 3 miles...
Fair enough.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:08 am

Hanging out in the parking lot and catching up with folks you haven't seen in years is probably as big of an attraction as the actual meal. But I will say they cook a good quality steak at a good price. Not cheap, but reasonable. Great salad bar too...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:37 am

this weekend's vacation was a bust.

The area was nice although where we were was pretty isolated. Being in the mountains, just to get back to town was a 20 minute drive, and then everywhere you wanted to go was at least an hour away. I get the attraction of living in a little art community but I really appreciate having everything just 2 minutes away.

We invited a couple we hadn't seen in person for about 3 years. In that time they moved to another city and apparently the wife is a full blown alcoholic now. They arrive 6 hours late, she brings in a box of alcohol which she knocks out about half of in the first night to the extent she can't walk up the stairs. If I consumed as much as she did I'd be in bed for 2 days, she is up at 8am waiting on us the next day.

I wish I could say the weekend improved after that. The husband ends up telling me and my wife separately that he doesn't want to be in the marriage because she is an alcoholic but he is trapped because financially neither can make it on their own. Whatever man, stay, go, but I'm on the only vacation I am taking this year, get in the car. I tell them I am taking us to a nice German restaurant and I would like to visit a historic town along the way, remember I said everything is at least an hour away? so we're about 30 minutes out from the cabin and she informs us she forgot to take her Paxil. And she is like, that's ok, I will be OK, just in a couple of hours I'm going to get really edgy and start to itch because it will feel like bugs crawling on me. So ok, fuck it, lets drive back and get your Paxil and add 90 minutes to the trip

So we get her Paxil and head back out, once we get out on the interstate, she looks at Waze, then throws a fit when she finds out its an hours drive away on the interstate. I mean like "turn the car around, I don't like the interstate!" type fit . Eventually, her husband tells her to shut the fuck up and quit ruining the vacation for everyone so its quite cool in the car after that, but she can't hold it after another 5 minutes or so and says that she is highly uncomfortable with traffic around her and this is why she never goes anywhere (and explains why they were 6 hours late because they took back roads to get to us), and of course not 10 minutes after that traffic comes to an unexpected stop in the left lane, a truck can't stop and rear ends a semi, and then the car behind the truck hits the truck - and this is literally right next to us so she loses her shit again. I guess it was a good thing she was acting bat shit crazy because I was in the right lane driving behind a semi doing 55 trying to calm her down, if she hadn't been going all Andy Dick in the back seat, I'd have probably been in the left lane with traffic.

So we finally get to the German place, a nice place I picked out that had covid-19 friendly outdoor dining and she says she has never been to a German place before so she orders something safe like pot roast but it was cooked in some vinegar sauce, she took a few bites and refused to eat it, - I really enjoyed dropping $250 for that meal. Also, outdoor seating in the suburbs is nice, in downtown Hagersville or wherever the fuck we were, not so much as homeless people and heroin addicts are just as interested in what you are having as you are.

Then on the way back I guess the alcohol she drank finally hit her gut so about half way home in the middle of nowhere, WV she informs me she is about to shit her pants if I don't stop immediately. I pull into a Liberty truck stop which, even for WV standards is really bad, like meth sales in the parking lot, lock your doors bad, and I tell her this doesn't look good, but she says too late, so she runs in (literally) while we end up waiting 30 minutes in the parking lot with the car running in case I need to leave quickly. She comes back and informs us she desecrated that bathroom (her words). We finally get back home and whatever else I had planned I just said fuck it, lets stay there and watch TV, which she determined should be binge watching some Netflix thing. At that point I said fuck it again, went out on the deck and downloaded podcasts for the trip home the next day. She comes out and says "wow, I've never seen anyone so addicted to being on their phone". I'm not sure I said two more words to them that night.

Also her and her husband are chain smokers - they told us they had quit, which was part of the reason we invited them, but of course they did not quit and we had a rental car - no smoking, a rental home, no smoking and the entire weekend had to work around getting them smoke breaks in between doing something. I grew up in a household of chain smokers so I understand the addiction, but its been awhile since I was around any and its a damn pain in the ass to deal with. You just can't go anywhere, you have to wait for them to smoke, and when you stop, before you head back out, they have to smoke again, so every time we stopped we had to wait an additional 10 minutes for them to smoke. No offense to any chain smokers on here but I'm just used to getting up and going. Not to mention being able to walk 6 city blocks without looking for a park bench.

I was never so ready for a vacation to end. Yesterday we didn't go out to breakfast , I gave them a costco blueberry muffin and a bottled water, we loaded up the car and left. The best part of the vacation was listening to the podcasts and eating the egg McMuffin's my wife bought me when we filled up with gas on the way home.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:23 am

"so we're about 30 minutes out from the cabin and she informs us she forgot to take her Paxil. And she is like, that's ok, I will be OK, just in a couple of hours I'm going to get really edgy and start to itch because it will feel like bugs crawling on me. So ok, fuck it, lets drive back and get your Paxil and add 90 minutes to the trip"

That actually only added 60 minutes to the trip...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:26 am

"I pull into a Liberty truck stop which, even for WV standards is really bad, like meth sales in the parking lot"

Address, please...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:31 am

"No offense to any chain smokers on here"

Nobody cries when Puffy Pufferson dies...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:32 am

The main question is: Was the chain-smoking maniac wife hot?